Was Bakerloo Always This Choppy?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antwerpcentral, Oct 9, 2021.

1. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I was playing Bakerloo yesterday and I was surprised to see so much stuttering. It was even worse than BML. It was on the first service that is above ground in the journey. It is something on the route because on the way back it happens again on the same spots.
    This route is base game stuff. Should have been optimised by now. Is this new or was it always like that? Is it the Rush Hour passengers? I'm on PS4 Pro

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I’ve been suspecting similar. I’ve noticed laggy frames on southeastern high speed were before Dresden came out there was no issue there at all. this is on a ps5.
    I suspect there’s been some core change that is choking the machines a bit more than before, but who could say why… let’s hope it’s sorted. I like slideshows but not here.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Has anyone experienced the external outside camera not working on the Bakerloo Line? I’ve just played it for the first time since the last update and it won’t work for me. Honestly DTG are such a bunch of amateurs they deserve every bit of flack they get. I’m spending more time abandoning game play these days than actually playing TSW2.

I’m really starting to wish I’d never discovered and spent good money on this game. Either way I’m not spending another penny on it until they prove to me that they know what their doing.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

It sounds like the Rush Hour passenger syndrome. SKA at Köln Hbf is the same now. The game gets very laggy wherever many passengers are gathered. The big stations were already sluggish before due to the amount of stuff going on there at once, but the increased number of passengers obviously hasn't helped. It really makes me wish DTG never developed this peak time system. Some middle ground with slightly more passengers across all services would probably have been a better solution. It would populate the trains a bit more, but not to the point where FPS would be gasping for air.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  5. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

They would do well to abandon the whole Rush Hour concept and go back to basics before they lose most of their player base altogether because it’s been nothing but trouble.

It comes to something when routes that previously played generally ok are now becoming unplayable. And I didn’t even buy any of these crappy Rush Hour routes :mad:

• Like Like x 4
  6. antwerpcentral

If it is the Rush Hour passengers that are to blame the only sensible thing to do and not loose face is give players the option to turn of Rush Hour passengers. But how can only a handful of NPC's break the game? I say a handful because they are all clones.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

A heap load of performance might result by removing ineffective anti piracy software....

8. antwerpcentral

are you saying the Playstation version comes with DRM? Why?