1938 Stock - Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

They probably had 'space' in the dev time for a loco add-on, and chose this as an easy one, which i find very disappointing, there are so many routes that could do with a loco/unit/eq add-on and they chose the one that was already pretty much made.
    I agree, Sam was trying to get answers but it was just embarrassing and borderline awkward when question after question he didn't know, or the community picked up on mistakes and he just sat there in silence, Sam gave him lots of opportunities and really tried to keep the stream alive but he could only do so much.

• Like Like x 3
  2. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I guess that is the risk when you put someone forward in a live stream, perhaps he was nervous and had stage fright but then as consumers it isn't our problem. Perhaps they could of asked Sam to do it for them, missed opportunity I feel for a train I would have happily paid for on day one but now I will wait for the mods.

• Like Like x 1
  3. shaun.jobson

shaun.jobson New Member

I was up for this, I watched a good portion of the stream, I was happy when Sam had Matt open the cab windows (which makes a world of difference on the 72 stock and a lot of other TSW locos).

after that I switched off the stream and put this one down as a non starter.

• Like Like x 2
  4. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

:), after the second question about the sounds matt wasnt sure and i turned off the stream. They havent even left london road depot.

Common, i know its not easy for everybody beeing filmed and driving whilest talking.

This was bad advertisement to put this guy for convincing people to get the new stock.. have no words.

Post Edit: if we would wait until a triple A vehicle artist has the same amount of passion for trains as for his job we wouldnt have any addons from any dev.
    So in my opinion they did a nice job with the 1938 stock.

As many people decide to "buy or not buy" during their first impressions on the stream, i suggest next time somebody knows the real vehicle and the production process of its digital counterpart.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

A user by the name of Formulabee gave feedback on the '38 Stock and a response from Jasper from the Rivet Games forums

• Like Like x 2
  6. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They want didn’t change anything on the train like on Arosa.

7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

After watching the stream I do agree with the criticism of the product, but I disagree with the criticism of Matt, I’m not sure if Rivet got the wrong end of the stick in terms of the stream, but the fact is that they put someone forward when Skyhook didn’t (not necessarily surprising considering how zealous a lot of us here are over the details of the products), I think Matt answered what he could, and where he couldn’t he tried to move onto other areas.

He was there to show off a new train, and he did so, he had no hand in the timetable nor the sounds, as he said so from the start of the stream, and yet people still went for his jugular on those topics, was it right for Rivet to put him in that situation? No. Was it his fault? No.

It’s not like we would expect Sam or JD to do any better with the technicalities that were being asked (no offence guys), they are good with their own areas, just the same way Matt is, as you can see in the Dev Blog for the 150.

The 38 stock is a poor product, but that’s far from Matts fault, I’m not Rivets biggest fan, but I certainly won’t attack Matt for it, he’s clearly knowledgeable with the modelling and artwork of the trains, which is all we can surely expect from Art Designers.

Personally I hope to see more of the modelling dev blogs with him, because it was actually a pretty insightful.

I’ll end with saying good luck to Sam with the BR 187 on Thursday.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  8. dhekelian

You say the 38 stock is a poor product but not Matt's fault. Didn't Matt do the artwork for the 38 stock?

I would buy the 38 stock but that stream put me off. The look of it was good imo even accounting for that shade of gren and no guard rails inside the train. What put me is he looked out of his depth and had no idea about the sounds which are important and can make all the difference really. He seemed disinterested, whether he had stage fright or what I don't know but hopefully they will do other stream to show the 38 stock off properly.

• Like Like x 2
  9. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

For me the issue was the sounds, if he didn’t work on them then how is it his fault?

The guy got a bad deal IMO, rivet put him in a position he shouldn’t of been in and then the wrath of the TSW community has focused its disappointment on him.

Do we really as a community think that a Vehicle Artist has the power to stand up and stop all work on a DLC in order to do more research and then extend the dev time of a product? Or do we think it’s more likely that he can raise an issue with the artwork and gets told to do what he can?

• Like Like x 4
  10. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Cant share that the 38 is a poor product. For the sounds there will be a mod. Its the oldest stock we have currently for tsw.

11. dhekelian

I agree yes he wasn't responsible for the sounds but I wonder who thought it a good idea to send someone that doesn't know the full picture, they could had two guys, one for the art work, Matt, then someone for the sounds ETC.

I don't mean to say it was Matt's fault but whoever made the decision to have Matt only talking about one aspect of the 38 stock. I think the stream may have done some harm. They well might be mods coming but we really shouldn't have to rely on mods when AP is there.

12. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

Is the stopping Mark on the bakerloo line going to be fixed

13. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

This looks like another release like Legends of Great Western. Classic train and timetable in a modern setting. No thanks, especially when Rivet is behind the timetable.

I think this DLC would have been more appealing if this new train simply came with two retrospect services for the existing timetable. Probably easier said than done, but that’s just my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Hey, sure, it's only an afternoon's worth of "effort" to build a whole route for a $15 loco DLC, right...?

• Like Like x 1
  15. solicitr

As in, "stops it cold"

16. solicitr

We need a "thumbs up" or "applause" emoji.

17. dhekelian

Tbf it was DTG that said that the overhead cables could be removed and within the next few days we had a mod that not only removed the cables but the whole thing and with the other mods it looked so good it was the reason I bought it otherwise wouldn't have bothered. If something is genuine hard coded that is one thing but getting fobbed off is quite another.

18. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

There are no mods coming for two thirds of us.

• Like Like x 3
  19. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I never said it would be easy. Obviously it's a lot of work. I'm just saying that I'd only be interested if it was period accurate. I think I'd pay more money if they gave the route that kind of attention, although I know they never will and others won't agree.

• Like Like x 1
  20. shaun.jobson

shaun.jobson New Member

Just disengage the droplight interlock ‍♂️

• Like Like x 1
  21. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

When is the stopping Mark going to be updated on the bakerloo line some stubborn marks are wrong

22. Lunar_Twisted

Gameplay already out.

• Like Like x 1
  23. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’ve just watched the tutorial video in the above post and was surprised to see a 1972 stock train pass. I thought there was only one or the other.

I have to say that I am disappointed in this DLC. It mostly looks OK apart from the wrong shade of green (which should have been easy enough to implement, there are plenty of references including an actual model in the LT Museum). The trouble is that it just doesn’t sound like this train should. I’m not usually a stickler for sounds but I was really looking forward to this one as it was a train I used a lot as a kid and wanted the nostalgia. I just don’t get it with this.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  24. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

The tutorials and the scenarios have quite a few 72 stock trains in them, and then service mode is well dyer

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  25. Lunar_Twisted

It’s such a shame that the timetable is slim down. However, those scenarios with the ‘72 Stocks sounds interesting. I do play the Bakerloo Line a lot but I doubt I will buy the ‘38 Stock.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

They are and I recommend the scenarios only

• Like Like x 1
  27. dhekelian

My father took me on these as a kid and so want to buy it but in its present form I cannot, will wait for mods to fix it.

• Like Like x 1