PlayStation Brighton Mainline Ai Problems With Save Games

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by floris91, Oct 10, 2021.

1. floris91

floris91 New Member

Console: base PS4
    Mode: service mode

First of all, English isn't my native language, sorry for that.

Problem occured when i was driving with the Gatwick Express to Brighton. At Gatwick i had to save and leave the game because i had to do something else. A few hours later i loaded the save game and drove further. Just before Preston Park i encountered a red light. On the map i saw there was a traffic jam at Preston Park. With the 'free' camera i flew to the train who was waiting at the station. I opened the cab door, inserted the master key, putted the reverser into 'forward' and all of the sudden the train drove away, traffic jam gone!

This isn't only a problem at Preston Park. When i arrived at Brighton i saw at the map there was a traffic jams in the other direction to.

2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

This is an issue across all the platforms it seems. The save game failing to restore correctly is probably a core issue but DTG seem silent on whether they are working to solve or even care about the problem.

3. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

And our only method to complete crashed services are gone

4. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

Funny people are talking about this here - funny peculiar, not funny ha ha of course!

I had a saved game from Gatwick as well, which I've just been playing. About 3 miles from Brighton, I also came to a red light T431 and I was there early I must admit. My arrival time in Brighton was scheduled for 9.37.00 am (IW30 London Victoria to Brighton service). There were no other trains in sight either way, although I didn't fly anywhere else, and the map seemed clear too. I tried contacting the signalman twice, each time being told to wait for the light to change, so I did wait - until 9.50.00 then I got fed up and quit! I was rather miffed after the crash earlier I had but this has just, sadly, compounded my frustration and I'm still on the 2nd normal 'run' of the game - no mods or tweaks etc, just the normal base game! :(

5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Makes you wonder what sort of beta and play testing was done and who actually signed off on release? Save game possible core issue aside, the state of Reigate should have pulled a red flag.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Another workaround for a train stuck at a station in front of me after loading the game was to open one passenger door and close it again. The train drove away after wards.
    Still had already some complete crashes after loading a game.