Route Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by stevenarnott651, Oct 9, 2021.

1. stevenarnott651

stevenarnott651 New Member

This will be extensive but I can safely say I feel every TSW2 fan will agree here, how about an entire Britain Map? Every route in England, Scotland and Wales combined into one whole map so users can explore the country, perhaps starting off in Portsmouth heading all the way up to Glasgow. I can imagine if it was agreed to be done, it would take several years to create but would be worth the wait to explore this country!

2. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

It would be easier (and probably cheaper) to do that in the real world. And you wouldn't have to wait 50 years either.

• Like Like x 3
  3. stevenarnott651

stevenarnott651 New Member

I tend to do Portsmouth to Glasgow by car, in fact I’m doing it in 15 hours

4. OKCharles

OKCharles New Member

Cool idea but it would take a lot of resources and money that they don't know if they would make back and think of the frames.

5. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

What you are basically saying is you want every train station and all train operators in one game in a modernish year. Mmmmmm that ain’t gonna happen the amount of dev time to do that would take a good couple of years from start to finish. Xbox and PlayStation would not even cope and probably PC as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

DTG can put the entire UK route on the server, and multiplayer games can play the entire UK route. As long as an internet connection is needed, we don't need to download it.

7. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

It would be awesome, and also completely impossible until scenery production can be entirely outsourced to an AI.

8. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

If "TSW2 fan"=people who would want to see this become the most limited train sim ever, I guess that would be true.
    But if "TSW2 fan"=people who actually want to see all parts of the world - and their respective rail cultures - represented, this would be the absolute worst possible idea.

9. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

+10 Points for Ambition :D

• Like Like x 2
  10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The only way this could happen would be with a completely new game engine that could pull information in similar to the new(ish) Flight Simulator. Even then most infrastructure would still have to be handcrafted, Bing maps or Google Earth isn't going to give you signalling or speed restriction information.
    It was proposed in theory many years ago by MS for their first stab at MSTS2, which was going to be called "World Of Rails". The idea and project died a quick death and I'm afraid is totally impractical within the paradigm of TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SwissLetsplay

SwissLetsplay New Member

Ich wünsche mir:

Basel SBB - Zürich via. Liestal
    Basel SBB - Bern via. Olten (Bahn-2000-Strecke)
    Biel/Bienne - Basel SBB
    Biel/Bienne - Bern
    S-Bahn Zürich

12. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

You should start a separate thread for a different route topic and I believe English is the preferred posting language :) .

• Like Like x 1