Where Are The People?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Crosstie, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

" Jump in the cab and take control of packed trains filled with commuters, tourists and holidaymakers " - DTG.

I don't want to be or sound negative, but the lack of passengers is spoiling BML for me. Planes are flying in to Gatwick but apparently changing their minds and flying on to Heathrow, because I saw only one lonely person on the platform at Gatwick. And she didn't board the train for Victoria or anyplace else!!!
    Empty trains, windswept stations with no humanity ( but sounding like they were crowded ).

We were promised Rush Hour crowds, first at release, then certainly by launch day, now who knows, whenever. DTG are fond of the " sooner rather than later" mantra, the same excuse I give my wife about painting the bathroom. No promises, no dates means no commitment.

Among the other myriad issues, solving this one ought to be the first priority. Otherwise there's no immersion and no Rush Hour. If passengers don't show up soon, I'll have to fly back to Boston or Dresden. Out of Heathrow, I guess!!

• Like Like x 13
  2. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

The numbers you mention at Gatwick were a bit concerning but I had plenty of people getting off an AI 387 at Brighton, there's definitely no shortage of numbers for me on ps5 at least, could it b e the time of day you did your service ?

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I drove a service from Brighton to LV stopping only at Gatwick and I wasn’t paying attention during the run but at Victoria no passengers got off the train because there weren’t any on it to get off. I think that’s more than the Rush Hour passengers not being turned on. I couldn’t tell you which station it is but one station always seems to be rammed with passengers when I stop there, so I think something else might be going on with passenger curves or their spawning points and paths. Gatwick would be busy all day of course, rather than just at rush hour, but maybe that can’t be singled out as a destination for extra numbers in the game.

Edit to add, that’s on PS5 just in case it’s important.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gustaf Nielsen

Gustaf Nielsen New Member

5. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

6. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Judging by what Matt said in the release stream, they may be holding off increasing the number of passenger to what they're meant to be because of the frame rate and performance complaints.

• Like Like x 3
  7. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

From what I understood, Cam, it was to ensure that 'ticking the box' to turn on rush hour people didn't screw up other parts of the game, as you suggested, and it needs further testing before they do.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Clumsy Pacer

Yes, but he also mentioned the performance complaints, and said turning on the new curves etc would only make it worse.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Crosstie

The impression I'm getting from the comments in the thread is that it will likely be many moons before the " passenger mode " is switched in, if ever.
    All in all this route doesn't fit the Rush hour description. It lacks the AI trains of Dresden and the passenger numbers of Boston.
    That doesn't mean it's not a good route, just a bit of a disappointment, given the hype in the DTL articles and the excitement in the forum.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  10. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Are we playing the same DLC?!

AI services?! I’ve never seen TSW busier, I played a service at around 1700 out of Victoria and baring Clapham Junction and no SWR services, it’s exactly what I expect.

• Like Like x 6
  11. JZJ90

JZJ90 Active Member

Yeah, for me I think the BML is definitely the most "rush hour" feeling route. On every run I've done so far I can't go more than 30 seconds without seeing another train, at times there are 3 or 4 other units driving around near me. I also find myself getting stuck trying to move along the platforms because there are so many passengers wandering about, and this is before the rush hour passengers are enabled!? I can't even imagine how they would fit more passengers in without them spilling over onto the tracks or glitches through each other.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Eeeeehm... WHAT?

• Like Like x 8
  13. Crosstie

I'm relating my own experience. Yours may be different.
    In any event, double shouting at another member is very impolite and against forum rules.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Oldcustard

Oldcustard Member

It's factually incorrect though. It has over 4000 AI services not including layers. Dresden doesn't even come close.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I am not double shouting at you, I am just seriously confused by that statement. You would have to run a service at like 3 am to meet very little services, otherwise, the route is packed. I love Dresden, but it is no match to what is happening on this route.

• Like Like x 1
  16. xi haoyu china

xi haoyu china Active Member

What does this mean?

17. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I wonder how long it'll be for someone to suggest suing DTG for false advertising?

• Like Like x 1
  18. mandonov

mandonov Active Member

Perhaps Crosstie is on an older console, in which case it doesn’t have as many services.

I’m also on an older Xbox, but I come to the PC forums because it’s the only one with the timetable feedback threads and is generally where DTG reply the most.

19. Oldcustard

Oldcustard Member

Forgive me if I'm wrong then, but I thought that it was only the layers that the consoles didn't have, and that they still had all of the AI services.

20. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Have there been any problem after enabling this on your computer, was there any lag or glitches that you encounter?

21. Clumsy Pacer

Even so, on last gen consoles, there's still some 1200 services - way more than any other route.