Bml Red Sign Stays Red Forever

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stefanhoks, Oct 11, 2021.

1. stefanhoks

stefanhoks New Member

Hi,

I tried to complete the first scenario on the BML DLC, which is the Gatwick Xpress to Brighton, stopping at Gatwick Airport. First time, the game crashed 1 second after opening the door at Brighton (which was kind of disappointing). So I tried again. I was riding 90 MPH somewhere north of Gatwick, and suddenly a double yellow, yellow and red. I waited for 5 minutes (also tried to call the controller, but it said "wait for the signal to change"), then I looked at the map and noticed that all trains on the line came to a standstill in front of a red sign. I looked like ALL signals turned red and stood that way...

After waiting for 15 minutes, I restarted the scenario. This time, I passed the green signal where I previously waited in front of a red signal, doing 90 MPH. But then, 10 after Gatwick, the same happened I again waited quit a while, but the signals didn't turn yellow or green.

Is this a bug, or is this just the new rush hour system?

Thanks!

Regards, Stefan

2. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Did you save your game by any chance? That usually messes with the dispatcher/signalling.

3. stefanhoks

stefanhoks New Member

Yes, I saved the game after stopping at Gatwick. Does this only affect the BML route, or any DLC for TSW 2?

4. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

It's a core issue, meaning it affects every route, whether it's DLC or the ones that came with the base game. That is most likely your culprit.

5. stefanhoks

stefanhoks New Member

When does this bug occur? When I saved the game but still continue to drive? Or when I save the game, quit it and then continue afterwards? In other words, is it 'save' to save the game while driving, in case it crashes? Or shouldn't I save the game at all, because that will immediately trigger the bug?

Thanks a lot for the quick responses!

6. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Saving itself is fine, but loading a save game will lead to all types of weird bugs (AI trains passing red signals, signals not turning green, trains going backwards, and so on). As stupid and unfortunate as it is, the save function is something that can currently not really be used.

7. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

The red light thing is when you save a game and reload, I think regardless of if you actually closed the game. It's been a bug since the game was called CSX Heavy Haul, so it's hardly new. Pretty sure if you save your game, but don't exit/load the save it'll be fine, which basically defeats the purpose of it.