PC Safety System Sounds Cut-short Or Not Sounding Since 4.26

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by bosseye, Oct 11, 2021.

1. bosseye

bosseye Member

Hi

Ever since the update on 4.26 I have noticed the safety system sounds on the 377 (both ECW and L2B) and 387 sometimes get cut short after a random time, or sometimes don't sound at all. This seems to be affecting both the AWS and DSD

Any idea where I can look in my settings to see if it's something my end, or is this a known bug?

Thinking about when I have had this issue, it MAY be linked to having the wipers active, as it seems to only occur when the wipers are on. I've carried on playing the same scenario (number 7 in the electro star on L2B) with the wipers in intermittent rather than slow and the issue seems to have cleared, so it may be a clash in audio from the wipers in the slow setting

Many thanks
    Mark

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  2. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

I can confirm, the sound is cut off as soon as you pass a magnet and the wiper (slow) reaches the right outer position at the same time.
    Not always but often, it depends on the timing. Also it is quite easy to reproduce, just try it yourself.

I also noticed when turning on the security systems the alarm stutters in the first second.
    Actually, it shoud "beeeeeeeeeep" until I acknowledge, but it is more like a "be....eeeeeeeeep".

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  3. bosseye

bosseye Member

Yep, However I have just done the first run in the story mode of the 377 on L2B (excluding tutorial) and had a silent DSD activation, in the dry. Only thing I can thing of is I was running alongside another 377 getting traction noises from it too. Its either totally unrelated or TSW2 is running out of sound channels to play the safety system sounds in certain situations

4. Gogomaester

Gogomaester Member

I can confirm this issue, please release a fix DTG

5. Connor Eaton

Connor Eaton New Member

Has there been a fix for this? I'm still expirencing this on all AWS sounds?

BTW i love this, i was trying to think how i can explain the issue... but then this sums it up in one!

it shoud "beeeeeeeeeep" until I acknowledge, but it is more like a "be....eeeeeeeeep"

• Like Like x 1
  6. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, there has been neither a fix nor a response from DTG so far.