Are You Still Buying Dlcs Even With The Current Major Qa Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nockwurst, Oct 10, 2021.

?
  1. Yes - I can’t help myself I love this game

46 vote(s)
    49.5%
  2. No - I love this game but enough is enough

47 vote(s)
    50.5%
  1. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

I haven’t bought a DLC since the latest crop of QA issues. Was curious where Xbox players land on this issue.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

I voted no, however I was stupid enough to buy the season pass on release so I effectively bought 3 broken games in advance. Fortunately I also like JRPG's so I took my mind off spending 100 hours on Tales of Arise. There's a packed Autumn release schedule so I cant see myself firing up TSW2 this year, I've uninstalled it today to make some space. Hopefully they will fix the issues by 2022 and I can go again...

• Like Like x 3
  3. njkendall42

njkendall42 Member

I know how you feel! I bought the season ticket too. Disappointed to say the least. Haven't uninstalled game because I still enjoy the pre rush hour stuff. I shall be very wary about buying future DLC. It's all a bloomin shame!

• Like Like x 1
  4. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

Uninstalling these days isn't as drastic as it sounds! I could reinstall the whole lot again including DLC in 15mins!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. njkendall42

njkendall42 Member

Yeah, don't blame you. Might take me a bit longer cos my Internet connection is not the best.

• Like Like x 1
  6. russianchip

russianchip Guest

I've stopped buying DLC due to cost, when it comes on sale I'll have a look but at the moment my next purchase is likely to be steam as everything feels a bit stale and recycled locos, almost as if DTG are churning out stuff just to fill a store of stuff for sale.

Happy to go along with what I've got currently as I've more than enough to fill time

7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve voted no. Primarily because buying any further DLC on PS5 will require me to delete even more of my existing DLC, which I’m not prepared to do. I hope DTG finds some way of bypassing Sony’s DLC limit. I’m loathed to play any more of TSW 2 until this issue is resolved as I have a sneaking suspicion PS5 players will have to start again from scratch.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

For me what matters is how quickly they address the issues. IThe only DLC I'm not buying is from Rivet (even though I want it). They have proven they don't fix their issues. If they do, then I'll give them another chance. With DTG I'm pretty sure there will be a fix out soon that will resolve the major issues for Rush Hour. Regarding the 2 big issues for XBOX, I've resigned myself to the fact that the sound will be a long time coming and the textures I'm expecting soon. They have shown that they are committed to improving older routes with the preservation team, so at the moment I'm still happy. If fixes don't show up quickly, then I might hold back on the next DLC I want and see what it's like.

I'm not one of these people who has to have everything perfect, but I do expect the game to be playable and all DLC to be present without crashes.

So I'm not voting in the poll. I can't vote Yes, because I don't know what they will be releasing next and how the bug fixing will go. I can't vote No, because it's unlikely to be true however annoyed I am with Rush Hour and then I'll just look like an idiot when I pop up talking about the next DLC I buy.

(I have TSW2 on all 3 platforms - Playstation is the only one that is really frustrating me at the moment)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. nockwurst

A DLC limit?

10. nockwurst

Nice answer. I didn’t want the poll to be too many choices. I wanted hot or cold, was curious to see how many people draw a line in the sand (like I did).

I appreciate your opinion on the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Sony introduced a cap on the size of dlcs. So if a ps5 user has more then 64gb of tsw2 in their storage, some dlc's will not show up.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

I voted no. DLCs have been really bad bug wise recently, despite going through "QA", previous dlcs being broken (Arosa) and diff issue, but the profile transfer for ps has annoyed me. 1 minute being told we can't and now over a month later, being told they're looking into a possibility.

• Like Like x 1
  13. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

Can I ask which Rivet Games one you have an issue with and why?
    Only reason I am asking is because they are doing the Penzance route which I liked the idea of.

14. nockwurst

I did not know that. Thanks for the info. Been an Xbox guy since switching from s PS2 to Xbox360 way back when. Good to know.

15. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

I voted no because, I’m fed up with the constant crashes of late on Dresden route and because of that, I’m holding off buying anymore DLC until things have improved. I have other games to download from GamePass on Xbox to offer, so plenty of games to keep me busy in the meantime. I mean, I don’t mind waiting longer for DLC to be wiped clean off bugs and properly optimised for consoles.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

Haven't purchased anything for almost 12 months, avoided the season pass as there is nothing worse than having a season ticket only to watch your team kick own goal after own goal.

• Like Like x 2
  17. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

I'm waiting for Forza Horizon 5. Already signed up for it like this game pass on here. I bet I'm not going to be as disappointed as I am with this. This could have been the route that makes everyone take notice of TSW2. People have done but for the wrong reasons.

• Like Like x 2
  18. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

I might do a secret challenge. See if I can do all 1237 services on my xbox one with all the faults before DTG fix BML. Apparently in the stream it was mentioned that the old gen like my xbox one can't handle the route. Might be worth trying to prove them wrong and like Dresden it is a game fault and not the console.

• Like Like x 2
  19. tallboy7648

Good luck :)

20. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I voted yes because I feel the bugs will be fixed in time and I'm a very patient person.

But I definitely understand why people are saying no.

But for me the only 2 upcoming DLC's I'm interested in are the 313 and the 420 which the 420 is most likely coming next year. I'm not really interested in freight so the next 2 US routes are not for me and well a have the same issue with Rivet as the other guy. Until they fix the brake and excessive throttle up issues on Arosa I'm not buying a thing from them. And even then when someone asked on Rivets forums how the update is coming a month ago they replied with "We have moved on to other projects"
    Even though 3 months ago they said a fix would be soon. So it may be longer even if they fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  21. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

With the console I use being the series x the only major issue for me is the texture issue which is very immersive breaking, until it gets fixed I’ve decided to hold off getting any future DLC at this point

• Like Like x 1
  22. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I voted yes. I will definitely buy DB BR 187. I had a prepaid rush hour. Studio DTG is gradually releasing repairs. I will definitely buy German content.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

They‘ve all had their issues. But my main problem is Arosa. The loco isn’t braking or accelerating correctly. The timetable is impossible to meet without speeding. The typical Rivet pattern is 2 quick bug fix releases, a few promises and then complete silence. I won’t say I’ll never buy again, but I’ll wait until I see the state of things.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Honestly, it depends on the context for me. The past has shown how inconsistent DTG releases are - sometimes they knock it out of the park, sometimes you‘re better off not touching it with a ten-foot bar (I‘m exaggerating, but you get the point). So if I see a DLC that falls within my area of interest and convinces me through the preview streams, I‘ll probably end up buying it. That being said however, I‘m on PS5, so this
    is also relevant for me. My current DLC install is still smaller than 64GB in size, but once I hit that limit, I‘m not sure I‘ll be as willing to buy DLC as I am now. I can‘t be expected to constantly uninstall and reinstall DLCs just to play the content I own.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I've previously always waited for sales; most of the content that comes out traditionally has launch issues and they're mostly solved by the time I buy. With RH, I'm experiencing the launch issues for myself for the first time, but even with them, it's not hard to tell these are a big step up from the level of content and detail on previous releases. History tells us that DTG will get at least a majority of these bugs under control, and continue pushing the quality up so, while I may continue to wait for sales in future, I'll still be picking up whichever DLC I'm interested in. I'm still just below the 64gb limit, but there are at least a couple of the preserved routes I absolutely wouldn't miss.

Rivet are an unknown for me. While the WCL route interests me, I'll definitely be waiting for reviews and discounts, based on general feedback which suggests they're far less likely to fix bugs. As they're new to the game, I'd also be expecting far less from the routes - comparable with the pre-RH routes, at best.

• Like Like x 4
  26. drdavewatford

drdavewatford Active Member

That is ridiculous - a total show-stopper for me since I like to flit from route to route.

Not surprising. however - Sony have lurched from misstep to misstep this generation IMHO which is why I moved heaven and earth to get Series X but have turned my back on PS5 until some of the obvious deficiencies are rectified.

• Like Like x 1
  27. nockwurst

That Ps5 hard cap blows me away, as an Xbox player. I love playing the game, but I love the collecting part too. I like seeing all my route lists. I know, I’m weird, lol. Having to delete one to play another would bug me.

28. nockwurst

Interesting, for sure, poll is almost 50/50. It does show why there isn’t much incentive for DTG to change its ways; we love the game so much we continue to throw money into it, regardless of shoddy QA and bugs that take forever to be resolved, we do love our trains it seems.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

I voted no. I love this game, but I'll buy the 187 but that's it. Nothing new from there onward. I'm going to see if SHG handles problems better than DTG. And if no, I'm gonna go ahead and might abandon this game and switch to ZuSi3. Which is bug free. and it has only a handful of developers. IF anone of DTG is reading this: maybe you should stop pushing out other releases and make your game better. Even Rainbow six siege did it. Operation Health is what this was called. Help Adam and pthe preservation crew, Get the things good which we have and please, do it good.

• Like Like x 1
  30. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

There is literally nothing else on the market currently to compare. I am primarily an Xbox series S user and being able to switch my xbox on and go (drive a train) is essential and nifty.

I have looked around for alternatives, I have tried Trainz, Railway Empire, Transport fever, Derail Valley... (I'm sure there are more.)

What else can you do, this is currently 'as real as it gets'.

It is a shame that DTG don't want to pride themselves on their customer focus and continue to show optimism on being the leading brand and I feel that this is where the argument raises the bar for me.

For example; Rivet Games current DLC is broken in places, Rush Hour DLC is broken. Why are we not being kept up to date about fixes and improvements to enhance the enjoyment of their quality of work?

The above is my personal opinions but I feel should be valid in this topic.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  31. nockwurst

Great comment. Agree with you totally on the cloud gaming. Loved Railway Empires for different reasons. Still think DTG has done a poor job with a great product.

32. njkendall42

njkendall42 Member

What I genuinely don't understand is, there are crash reports on all platforms? Did this not happen in testing? Or, and I hope this isn't the case, did they know about it and launch it anyway?

33. tallboy7648

I personally can't see how they missed the laggy framerate and crashes on the last gen consoles too be honest. They probably did know about but just released it anyways

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  34. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

There was mention on one of the streams that consoles will access all DLC's when operating thus tying down the memory (don't know if this was only found out after this DLC). Therefore the people with the most downloads are having the biggest issues. It may be the case that the console testing was done on "clean" machines with no other downloads on them.

• Like Like x 1
  35. tallboy7648

But then why would dtg test a route in tsw2 with no other content installed? If dlc's do take up memory then it would make sense to test a route with all dlc's installed to ensure that the dlc being tested is working fine with no low framerate or memory issues. It seems logical. With the complaints I've seen even though I don't have London Commuter, it seems that this route wasn't probably and thoroughly tested which raises the question again on dtg's testing policy and how they test. Is low framerate at Victoria during rush hour acceptable for release? How did they miss these issues?

36. madda253

madda253 Member

I voted not but my response is in the middle.

I will likely still buy dlc but just be more picky with them. I expect things to get ironed out in time with each release.

However with the sound issues on xbox, I am sometimes dropping session in preference for other games. I can live with other bugs and crashes but the sound issues are the deal breaker for me.

37. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

To be honest. I have been buying the uk dlc when they arise. But right now am sceptical. Reason being every new dlc that come out has some of the same issues as previous releases have. I.e. The stop markers, signal issues, and other things.

38. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Definitely not bug free. And if DTG would do the same as ZUSI, there would be no DTG anymore and so no TS1/TSW anymore too or at all in the first place for TSW. ZUSI "Hobby version" only exists because it does not need to generate any income. ZUSIs developers making their money with the professional version of it. ZUSIs player base is very little compared to TS1 and TSW. And it is a totally different approach. ZUSI and TS1/TSW can easily coexist and they do.

Stopping it would stop it all. As simple as that. No idea what your work is to pay your bills, but if you would stop it for a while, for whatever reason, you couldn't pay your bills anymore. Think again about it before you offer such ideas.

And the next comparison with a multi ten/hundred-million dollar + multi-million player AAA game. Stop comparing a niche game with such a AAA title. You simply can't do it because they are completely different targeted games.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

Maybe not bug-free, but in one year of playing I never had one. And I never said sugested they'd do the same

Thanks for the advice. Let's say I stop working for a month at all. I'd still have enough money saved to live from that, get better and make a better job after that to earn more money. I didn't mean pushing like stop bringing out DLC's at all, It's more meant like "pushing for release" because, well, it seems like DTG pushed the RH routes out, and shortly after they're out they're updating them.Some (even small games) have "experimental branches" for this, and if this would've been clearly communicated that'd be fine to me, but selling the RH routes it as "finished" DLC just doesn't seem right (even in the Boston preview stream you could see missing catenary). And getting back to the point where I'd make a better job and earn more money after a break... IF, and JUST IF DTG stops for a bit and then brings DLC's with a much higher quality, I'd happily pay more than the standard price for that

Tbf that wasn't a fair comparison, but actually it was never meant as one. I just pointed at another game who had similar problems and showed how they fixed it.

40. Boris The Frog

Boris The Frog Active Member

I answered 'no' but i would have preferred a "not until they're fixed and working correctly" option. I will buy DLC's (we all will) but in light of recent events the goalposts have changed as to when I decide to buy them.

• Like Like x 4
  41. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Might be changing my answer. Might consider the 313 if it has trophies on PS5, but the future isn't looking particularly bright...

42. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

I will continue to buy German DLC, but I hold back more on DLC that interest me less. Something like the British SEHS or BML. American DLC has never really interested me. When I think about it, all of the US routes I own come from packages like RushHour or TSW2020.

43. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I voted Yes - I plan, personally, on getting the Season Pass soon, with the 313, WSR and WCL (depending on how the stream(s) look(s)).

Whilst I go into the season pass with expectations of crashing, that's a hardware limit, and with plans to upgrade to Gen9 sooner rather than later I'm not going to be overly bothered.

So, yes, I will. And I also look forward to seeing what the next German and UK routes will be.

44. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

No.

I'd like to buy the DB BR 187 tomorrow but the game is currently in an unacceptable state with the blurry textures, so it's pointless to buy anything further for it.

• Like Like x 1
  45. nockwurst

Great comment, but I wanted to see who had drew a line in the sand, not in-between. When I said I wasn’t buying a single dlc, I meant it. Fix the graphic glitch then I buy. I respect anyone else who feels otherwise, was just trying to see how the rest of the community felt.

• Like Like x 2