Train Sim World 2 - East Coastway Elder

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Oct 11, 2021.

1. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Really excited for that!

On real Pictures of Class 313 around Brighton the units seems to have no pantograph. Were they removed for operation on 3rd Rail?

Lol saw it right now..., removed during refurbishment on southern services XD

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I never thought this would see the light of day...

All jokes aside the screenshots look fantastic. The cab looks very detailed and I'm glad they've nailed the livery. I'm intrigued about the additional BML services.

• Like Like x 2
  3. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

My guess is a run to Selhurst for heavy maintenance, a test run to the siding at Haywards Heath, and the rest probably Lovers Walk-Brighton ECS

• Like Like x 3
  4. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I still can't believe this PS5 DLC limit is a real thing. Some of Sony's design choices are really bizzare lately. Anyway, I digress...

Your mention of LIRR makes me wish that whatever was done to add 1000+ services to BML timetable could be replicated on LIRR. There's only two trains (M3/M7), so seems it would be feasible on last gen too.

It has so much potential to be great but it's hard to get excited to drive through its current ghost-town configuration. I fear it's been left for dead at this point though.

313 looks great btw!

• Like Like x 7
  5. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Really looking forward to the 313, one of my all-time favourite trains to ride on in real-life - especially the sounds! :D

I really hope the West Coastway route comes one day, would be nice to drive the train on a longer stretch of track as opposed to just Lewes and Seaford on ECW (plus the extra layers on London Commuter) - especially considering how long the 313 has been on the roadmap.

The 313 pictured at Portsmouth Harbour which took me to Brighton earlier in the summer:
    IMG_20210628_151803.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. ethan#3478

ethan#3478 Member

I just uninstalled the 465 for now

7. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

You don't say :D
    As an Xbox One user, I feel the exact same way. Sadly it's just Xbox1/PS4 falling behind in terms of hardware.
    So did everyone...

• Like Like x 6
  8. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Because it seems things like software optimization or an alternative timetable, that would make the 313 and the other units possible on London to Brighton for last gen consoles , is not economic enough.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  9. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

I've been looking forward to this release, but had someone told me London Commuter would have the Xbox Game Pass discount added a few days(!) after release my purchasing decisions might have been easier...

So I'll wait a bit longer to see if it gets a discount

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I hope they get the volume for the sound right. The Cathcart Circle one sounds great, but is just not loud enough outside the cab and inside the cab with both windows closed/open. Trains are loud. Especially from outside.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ryan#4295

ryan#4295 New Member

I think the cab should have a bit more wear to it maybe a few chips in it but I also know southern may be controlling the look alot

12. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Finally..looks good, should add great realism to ECW.

13. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Well, I am excited to drive this older emu on ECW like the younger Class 314 on Glasgow Circle Line.

• Like Like x 1
  14. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

You are taking the mick arent you?
    This is some sort of bad late April Fools isnt it?
    Since the last update where you decompressed Dresden and London Commuter neither routes will run without crashing, rather than addressing these issues you go ahead and announce a new DLC?

Someone needs to take some PR lessons, because whilst the majority of us have been understanding this leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

• Like Like x 4
  15. james64

I can personally think of countless modern British routes I'd rather see before West Coastway. I agree with your point and I have nothing against the route itself (I went on it a few years ago and I really enjoyed it, I'd probably like it more than East Coastway), but I'm a bit tired of modern Southern region routes with Electrostars, as great as BML is.

I do definitely want to see the 313 in more routes though. What I'd really love is to see a version of the ECML South set a couple years ago with them. Who knows, if they included the line as far as Moorgate we could drive them under both AC and DC power, which would be fantastic.

• Like Like x 3
  16. james64

If the 313 is nearly ready to go I don't see the harm in beginning to market it. A different team builds locos than the ones fixing issues. And I think you're being a tad hyperbolic about the two routes not running without crashing. I've been driving BML for multiple hours and it's been fantastic fun, and I haven't had Dresden crash at all so far (although I've only played around two hours of it).

I know people are frustrated, and rightly so, but it doesn't hurt to get excited about a highly anticipated add on finally seeing the light of day.

• Like Like x 6
  17. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Dresden ran fine for me pre Meissan branch and even pre-file compression update, but now its just a mess.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Wcw is my local route , it would be great to drive

• Like Like x 3
  19. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

I do appreciate that you are having high success with the new rush hour DLC (London Brighton). It appears that even with a Series S and the layers, we are unable to run a route with the extra layers and it should still be looked into. I want to purchase the 313 when released and would prefer it not to crash.

What console are you using?

20. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

They aren't "announcing a new DLC" - it's been on the roadmap from the beginning. It's just arriving now. They're working on the issues, fixes are (in some cases) in testing. The only required is a little patience.

• Like Like x 5
  21. james64

A PS5, which many reckon the route is unplayable on.

I too am hoping for a patch very soon. The route desperately needs it. I just think that it doesn't mean DTG need to hold off other stuff. Especially the 313, which has been in the works for ages. I understand where you're coming from though.

• Like Like x 2
  22. alex.flume

alex.flume Member

Glad to see the GSM-R is now illuminated. A small detail but it brings some more immersion to the cab. Would be nice if it made a sound when you clicked it at the start of the journey... even just one simple sound would suffice. Can't be that hard to add a sound to a single button press? Keeping fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 5
  23. s0ggyflannel69

s0ggyflannel69 Member

class 313/2 emus only have destinations of where they run in real life (portsmouth, littlehampton, brighton, seaford ect...) and unless they’re implement a feature similar to the class 387 where it shows off the rails destinations it won’t show anything like gatwick airport

• Like Like x 3
  24. s0ggyflannel69

s0ggyflannel69 Member

fitted when silverlink overhauled them i believe

25. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

Looks great, nice to finally see it coming in TSW after quite a long hiatus.

My only gripes are that the cab windows look far too opaque, the headlight lens flare is far too bright (and the markers should be the modern type LED and not the original incandescent as LM as mentioned above) and that the PIS size is rather small.

Other than that I am looking forward to seeing the first preview stream of this long anticipated release. Lets just hope it's up to the same standard as the 314 from GCC!

• Like Like x 2
  26. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

At least they are telling us the layers won't be on older consoles, before announcing a release date. That gives the choice if that is a game breaker don't buy it until you upgrade.

Or buy it and enjoy it on ECW and then enjoy the layers later when you upgrade.

Thats the great thing about democracy freedom of choice. And either choice you make is not wrong, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

• Like Like x 5
  27. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Fix the game and hold this back until you have.

• Like Like x 2
  28. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

There's a little bit of text on the bottom of these news releases I swear the majority of people do not read or don't know is even there. Its a very pertinent piece of text as well.
    It reads "Screenshots and images displayed in this article may depict content that is still in development. The licensed brands may not have been approved by their respective owner and some artwork may still be pending approval."

Yet Some fail to read it and lose their mind because something doesn't look right.

Hentis.

• Like Like x 5
  29. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Remember its 2018/2019 Version, not sure if it had it then

30. tibomatthijs

Fix what?

• Like Like x 2
  31. tibomatthijs

Lot of people forgot that indeed, those pics could already be 2 weeks old and in 2 weeks lot can change.

• Like Like x 1
  32. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Likewise. LOL.

33. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

We just need SONY to resolve supply problems which will allow players to actually get hold of one. Until this happens, PS5 is only for the wealthy and lucky people who can afford them or have had the good fortune to acquire one of the extremely limited numbers available. Until they are far more widespread, the majority of players will be 'Last Gen' . Currently the price of one of the rare PS5s to get to the market is too prohibitive for most people who will be waiting for the usual price reduction after a certain sales threshold has been reached. This latter sentence covers my own situation regarding upgrade to 'Next Generation'.
    PS5 is not a success story until SONY fix the current situation.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

If the GSM-R works i will be overjoyed.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  35. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

You’ll be held to that now lol.

• Like Like x 3
  36. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

I just looked at the screenshots and it looks promising, is it too late to redact my bet?

• Like Like x 1
  37. Nielsen

The Dresden route on PS4 would be a good place to start.

38. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Can I just ask, are you actively trying to get hold of a PS5? And how hard have you actually tried to get one? Or are you just saying they're not available because your local shop hasn't got them stacked up on the shelves? There was a drop at Game UK this morning which they advertised well before the event on Twitter - did you try and get one then? Or did you just not bother because you don't consider yourself wealthy/lucky enough?

You can enjoy playing with the 313 on East Coastway, and once the novelty has worn off, there will probably be an update to fix a lot of the issues with Dresden. It's not like we're short on options.

39. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Me and my brother both have PS5’s which I managed to order by constantly following Twitter. One I got from Very, the other from Game. It did take a lot of perseverance and rage suppression, but I got there in the end. If you really want one, there are ways and means of getting one, without spending well over the odds to a scalper.

• Like Like x 2
  40. Nielsen

I just said they shouldn’t release this train before the broken stuff gets fixed, and now you’re encouraging me to buy it? Well, no.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Precisely. Set Twitter to follow the shop and stock alert accounts so you get notified when they post, and be ready when the stock lands.
    Pretty sure the people fixing Dresden aren't the same team who built the 313, so holding back a loco for the East Coastway route, which works fine, isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference to how/when Dresden gets sorted. Nobody's going to force you to buy it at launch, but the sooner it gets released, the sooner it's likely to be included in a sale...

• Like Like x 1
  42. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

upload_2021-10-12_23-4-30.png
    upload_2021-10-12_23-4-51.png

• Like Like x 5
  43. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  44. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  45. alexjjones6024

Maybe things do need fixing, I am sure there are 2 different departments for this. Some people may not have wished to buy rush hour and instead would like to save their money for the Class 313 DLC (or other DLC) as this is attached to the ECW route already released. It is a business after all and fixes will be issued eventually, a little patience is required sometimes.

• Like Like x 3
  46. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

As I mentioned earlier, they’ve had them for at least 9 years now when refurbished. I assume this inaccuracy is once again down to lack of reference. I’d be very surprised if anything changed now, as they would’ve done it right from the beginning.

• Like Like x 2
  47. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

It won't, don't worry. You are safe. 99.9999% confirmed not working by Matt on a recent stream.

I know this isn't directed at me but will answer anyway. Yes I have. For the last 9 months I've been following the live feeds on Twitter and elsewhere and everytime I click it's either too late or I get held in a queue until it is. I'm sure they are almost all getting bought by bots and scammers. I'm not prepared to get up at 4:30 in the morning for an Argos drop as I have a full time job which is more important. I'm not asking for them to be stacked high on the shelves but until they are in stock for more than a few seconds or require a special code like currys, EE or BT, I'm out.

I tried the Game drop this morning. Clicked the moment I got the update it was live, was stuck in a queue for 20 minutes and was then sold out.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Nielsen

Not what I was referring to. Point is - the constant influx of new releases is making DTG look bad amidst not having fixed the worst issues with Rush Hour.

• Like Like x 1
  49. alexjjones6024

Maybe the fix on Riesa-Dresden and other rush hour routes requires further investigation and rectification to ensure a more sturdy patch to resolve issues raised by users.

50. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member