Ps5 Stock Drop This Morning...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Factor41, Oct 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

If anyone's after a PS5 in the UK, Game are releasing a drop today...

FBe_UQMXEAIEJcG.jpeg

Game PS5 bundles page - There are individual consoles, but they'll be in demand. I got the Digital Edition with a PSN membership and £50 PSN credit bundle - so £360 for the console and £100 for things I would have bought anyway (you'll be needing store credit for your new console) - no need to buy a cap, but you might have better chance of landing one if you do!

I was logged in ready so I added to basket and went straight through checkout. It said it was a pre-order to be delivered within a couple of weeks, but arrived two days later.

Good luck! :)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Good luck with that!
    The only time I managed to beat the scalpers and get my PS5 was at 0430 in the morning when I happened to be up (because of caring for my mum) and looked on the off chance at the Argos Website. I was lucky 10 minutes later and they were gone. All sold out. Although to be honest, I think its the only Playstation I have had that I am not overly happy for. I dont personally see it as a massive leap in change from the previous version to be fair.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  3. Factor41

I got mine in exactly this sort of drop, at around this time. In fact, it may have been the last one they referred to in the Tweet. I was in the queue for 10-15 mins, chose the bundle I wanted, checked out straight away. Tried again out of interest just after and couldn't find anything in stock - you've got to be quick, but they must have had a decent amount of stock in the drop.

Edit: The queue is open, so if you're not already in it, you've probably missed out!

4. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

What do you think the price point will be say in 6 months from now factor? Was hoping to go next gen for circa £300 with no psn, maybe £350 with 2 controllers, is this realistic or a bit too early in the next gen rotation to be expecting £300 sales in the early part of next year (supply and demand and all that)

Also would only be upgrading for tsw... so not in the argument for all the other games thing.. unless elder scrolls 6 magically comes to ps5 (doubt it)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Factor41

I can't imagine you'll be getting that much of a discount any time soon, but Digital Edition RRP is only £360 so if you don't need disc, that's the path of least resistance. You can get a bit of a discount off a second controller - they're currently £55 on Amazon, but I've not seen them much cheaper than that.

I suspect it'll be a lot more than six months before you're getting a PS5 with extra controller for £300. Bear in mind Christmas is going to put more pressure on supply and there's bound to be another surge in demand when GT7 arrives in March.

6. Skyz2020

Interesting, thank you. A better approach might be to wait to see what dtg does with the next core update in Summer 2022 and if last gen are toast look at it then?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Factor41

I suppose it depends on your needs and requirements. If you want TSW2 looking its best (ignoring current issues which will hopefully be fixed soon, and without spending a few grand on an all-singing PC), playing the PS5 version on the PS5 is the way to get that. I upgraded from 4K on a PS4 Pro and still saw an immediate improvement, so I personally wouldn't wait an extra 9 months for the sake of maybe getting a £60 discount.

8. Skyz2020

Cool, thanks for the info :)

• Like Like x 1