West Anglia Mainline

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by First capital connect, Oct 11, 2021.

1. First capital connect

First capital connect Well-Known Member

West anglia mainline
    The wets anglia mainline starts at London Liverpool Street and ends at hertford east, Stansted airport and Cambridge
    For this route I will be suggesting the 19 mile section of the route from London Liverpool Street to hertford east and the 30 mile section to Stansted airport
    Including services to stratford
    Both service taking around 50 minutes to complete

Greater anglia
    Route
    London Liverpool Street, Hackney Downs, Tottenham Hale, Ponders End, Brimsdown, Enfield Lock, Waltham Cross, Cheshunt, Broxbourne, Rye House, St Margarets and Hertford East

Stratford, Lea Bridge, Tottenham Hale, Northumberland Park and Meridian Water

Stratford, Lea Bridge, Tottenham Hale, Waltham Cross, Cheshunt, Broxbourne, Harlow Town, Sawbridgeworth
    Lea Bridge, Tottenham Hale, Northumberland Park, Enfield Lock, Cheshunt, Broxbourne, Roydon, Harlow Town, Harlow Mill, Sawbridgeworth and Bishop's Stortford
    These are the service that actually do the route I am suggesting but there are more service that would go to Cambridge from Liverpool street ending at Bishop storford and the ai would drive on
    6 tph one way 12 tph both ways

Stansted express

London Liverpool Street, Tottenham Hale, Harlow Town, Bishop's Stortford, Stansted Mountfitchet and Stansted Airport 1 tph
    Overall there would be 14 tph for the services that di the full length but would be 18 tph if I am to include the trains that don't do the full length

Trains would include
    Class 317
    images (5).jpeg
    Class 317/6
    images (6).jpeg
    The class 317s would mainly run the London Liverpool Street to Bishop storford/hertford east
    Stratford to Bishop storford/Meridian Water route along with some service go up to Stansted airport

Class 379
    download (5).jpeg
    The class 379 could run Stansted express service along side the 745s or run Liverpool street to Stansted airport (normal services) and occasionally do the Stratford to Meridian Water alongside the 317s
    This train would be a copy and paste of the 387 as they are closely related and share majority of there functions but have enought to separate them

Class 745
    download (6).jpeg
    The class 745 would run the majority of Stansted express services on this route
    This would be the first time the 745 would see light in TSW
    DHIMsSNXcAECCXV.jpg
    Here's a little map to show the route trains wouldn't go beyond Stansted airport

Greyer anglia and Stansted express are treated like southern and Gatwick express in 2014/2015 as one thing but there's still separate
    So the trains aren't limited to one of the two TOCs

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. First capital connect

London liverpool street
    download (7).jpeg

Hertford east
    images (7).jpeg

Tottenham hale download (8).jpeg

Stansted airport
    images (8).jpeg

Bishop Stortford
    images (9).jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. twiggy#9635

twiggy#9635 Well-Known Member

Now this is a route that we need. Greater Anglia yes, Another Electrostar to add to my collection yes please, and a Class 745 FLIRT, yes. yes! YES!!! Would definitely be a day one purchase for me

• Like Like x 1
  4. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

This ⬆️

• Like Like x 1
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea but why not try going all the way to Cambridge 55 miles 90 km which is acceptable for passenger services. 30 mi 50 km shorter than GWML 35 mi 55 km.

6. First capital connect

Yh true I might edit that in

• Like Like x 1