1w30 London Victoria To Brighton

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nwp1, Oct 12, 2021.

1. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

8.41.00 1W30 London Victoria to Brighton
    Drive this Gatwick Express service from London Victoria to Brighton
    Class 387/2GX .. 533.6t .. 12 .. 267.9 yd

I cannot complete this scenario from the continue journey mode.

At about 9.19, 13 miles from Brighton and due to arrive at 9.37.00, I had to pull up at a red signal and have waited long past my due time to arrive in Brighton. It appears that there is another train stopped on the line about 250 yards ahead and although other trains have come towards and past my train. I am still stuck on the red signal and denied to proceed by the controller, still with the other train 250 yards ahead.

I have watched the video of this on You Tube, but when they approached this point the signal was green. I also while waiting, went through the carriages and not one passenger is on board. Whatever happened to those who got on at Gatwick?

Can anybody throw any light on this please, before I report it to DTG support?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

Did you load a save during the game? I completed it without any problem.

3. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thank you HaibaraHariko for responding.

Yes. I saved at Gatwick. Sometimes I have to if the phone rings. Is that the reason. Seems stupid if you cannot save when you are distracted if that is the case. It is a scenario that lasts an hour and a half and you should be allowed to save it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

I have been using the save function anyway but it goes totally random when you load a save. You may be able to finish it as usual, or you might end up facing a permanent red signal and have to start over. So save and load at your own risk.

5. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

6. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I will do thank you HaibaraHariko.

7. Glazier

Glazier Member

Do not worry about the red, the service will probably crash when you open doors at Brighton anyway ;).
    I tried to play it 5 times already with same result :P.

• Like Like x 1
  8. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Problem is that saving your game doesnt really work as the game fails to reload the proper settings. It is random though. There are occasions where save and reload works just fine but most of the time it doesnt work fine and I personally recommend to either pause the game or take the time to do the service in one sitting.

9. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

If that’s the case it is pointless having a save function. doublefine7 I will try to use the pause in future, wherever possible.

Doing it five times Glazier, with no reward is very annoying and shows dedication, especially as it must have taken over seven hours to do five completed runs. I applaud you for that, I would have given up long before that.

10. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

I had precisely the same problem at the same light T431. I also reported it and yes, from a save game but I don't usually have problems using them. I've reported it, too.