PlayStation Audio Issues London Commuter

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Sheldon1000, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

Audio cuts out now and again as if the engines have shut off temporarily. Also the AWS alarm and in cab dings when going over the aws things on the track are not loud enough and sometimes don't even sound at all.

PS5

• Like Like x 1
  2. cmadonna1998

cmadonna1998 Active Member

On PS4 I have noticed the AWS gets much louder when using an external camera, so there might be some problem where they treat the AWS sound like it is coming from outside, thus the cab muffles it.

3. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

yes I've noticed the increased AWS volume from an outside view too.
    I'm wondering if the sound dropping out randomly also explains the lack of aws alarms sometimes. I've been trying g to find d if it is random signals where the issue occurs.

4. Nightraven

Nightraven New Member

Just for clarification but your engines DO lose power when the contact shoe doesn't touch the third rail. This usually happens when going over points at low speeds. But I have also experienced missing or very low audio for AWS and DVD alarms.

5. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

the audio loss experienced isn't the power motors. We're talking sound of rain, wind, sudden gaps in running sound.
    The motor sounds have a clear contact lost contact regained part to their sound, whereas the sound loss is sudden and jarring.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

Exactly.