Lirr Audio

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Please please please please please please please please please fix the audio on LIRR. The motor sounds need to come from each car in the consist and need to sound like they did in TSW 2020. The M7 was one of the best sounding trains in the game, now it’s a mere shadow of its former self.

• Like Like x 6
  2. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

for God's sake I ask the same thing, I'm hyper bummed that the sound of the M7 and M3 doesn't conform, I love this route and these trains, and it breaks my heart not being able to play with the sound of these locomotives. TrainSim-Adam

• Like Like x 3
  3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well in the recent roadmap stream, lirr is one of the routes currently being worked on. Hopefully they will finally fix the audio issue on the M7 because it's so immersion killing that it makes the route unplayable

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Absolutely. I thought I’d read that LIRR was being looked at again. Frankly, the route needs a full overhaul with working audio, signalling system and more services (it is the busiest US network after all). I have no expectation most of these things will happen - I hope I’m proven wrong.

• Like Like x 3
  5. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Oh where did you read I didn't know they where looking at it again. But I agree they really messed up the sounds of the m7 and it got worse after the rush hour update. The sounds only come from the first 2 cars and thats it. In TSW 2020 it came from every car. The route isn't even busy enough I only see about 4 trains a trip which is really sad. Also just an idea add the amtrak acs-64 as a AI Train near Penn Station and let us use our liveries in timetables like on other routes. TrainSim-Adam TrainSim-Matt

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. tallboy7648

It was in the recent roadmap article where it was said that lirr is being looked ar again

• Like Like x 1
  7. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. tallboy7648

I wonder how was this not fixed for the first preservation update when it was reported countless times prior

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

The LIRR is my favorite route despite the issues and this route seriously needs another major overhaul. The LIRR deserves to have the same treatment like with the recent rush hour routes, especially with the huge amount of services you get. When it said "Experience America’s busiest commuter railroad and all the bustle and challenges of railroading in New York City in Train Sim World® 2: Long Island Rail Road", it sure doesn't feel like it. Jamaica station and Penn Station doesn't feel that busy at all. A major fix is needed and layers from NEC: Boston - Province would help make Sunnyside Yard and Penn Station busy.

Edit: Added few more words.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  10. SubwayRailfanner

It never did feel busy. We don't get similar treatment because it's a American route lol. But it's needs huge improvement. Also onboard information boards is needed on the M7 and a Add On would be nice.

• Like Like x 2
  11. tallboy7648

The reason why it isn't busy is because dtg didn't model the signaling system correctly. They did make a full timetable for the route but never got released because if they did then you would have trains stacking next to each other hence why we got the current timetable for lirr. The only way to get a full timetable is for dtg to redo the signaling system entirety which would take alot of time to do

• Like Like x 2
  12. SubwayRailfanner

Oh didn't know that hopefully at somepoint it's get fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SubwayRailfanner

It's sucks there's no plans on adding a new Loco to the LIRR. I saw a good amount of people asking if there was gonna be a new add on for the route when TrainSim-Matt was streaming and sadly no plans but not surprised. M9 is probably the easiest one to make since it's similar to the M7.

14. tallboy7648

Maybe in the future there will be a M9

• Like Like x 2
  15. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Didn't they also said they couldn't get full research of the DM30AC sets??which I find that quite interesting knowing there's research of it and not jus wiki!!...but again the DLC routes been dead and not to mention unrealistic type services especially the NYP-Hempstead services lol.....I would've been okay if they added more services between Atlantic Term/Penn Sta and Jamaica and then sail out the game...... I jus wish they made a full Huntington service and maybe as far as Farmingdale just in case they couldn't build as far for Ronkonkoma.....and oh yea that awful Woodside shuttle in the game-____-....not even the full Port Washington or even to Great Neck.....and last but not least the abandoned Hunterspoint Av and LI City only used for scenarios(hence no diesel double decker service in the game)

• Like Like x 2
  16. SubwayRailfanner

I don't know if they said that but they need to do something with LIRR soon. I feel we always get left for last when it comes to new stuff. But they should make route extensions a thing for every route after couple years like they did with the new Dresden Route. They definitely could of extended all the way to Ronkonkoma or the Port Washington branch . Over time a route gets boring and there nothing new for us to do. Them not having reference for a loco is a excuse to me there's ways to get the reference they need. Sorry if am ranting it's just frustrating watching these other routes get love and still waiting for news.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MrbKlegend89

Thats what I meant the reference for the DM30AC....I feel like that is an excuse cuz if Roblox or whatever that game called can get it..how DTG couldn't get jt....and even if they did include it in the game...there could've been a chance that East Willinston Station could've been built....at one point u could walk towards that area on the tracks.....and another thing...how they say Ronkonkoma when the trains sail out on the Huntington/Port Jefferson route in the game-___-...so many errors in that dlc. Its not funny.....and I'm the same way of the frustration...they didn't take real effort in the LIRR......and Penn Station dead as crazy...if they would've added Amtrak ai only layers in the game in out of Penn Station to add a bit of traffic, I would've been really okay with that as well..the way I see it I doubt they gon fix anything more on the LIRR, despite I'm hearing they gon look into the issues again..I said it months ago and stand by it..They left that dlc for dead and they never gon improve it....and if the Rapid Transit(which im happy for) can get a mini timetable makeover, which came out way before the LIRR, then why can't LIRR get a mini timetable makeover as well

• Like Like x 3
  18. SubwayRailfanner

I agree with you 100 percent they definitely left it for dead when it comes to content. Am telling you it's only because it's a American route. They can't even add PIS to the M7 like come on you already got the platform information screens in already why not. Look at DB they getting spoiled with content and how many routes do they have oh i lost count and no hate towards DB Fans. The LIRR is they reason why I came to TSW to begin with and we got left hanging. Am glad am not the only frustrated over this because I thought I was. I wonder what excuse they have for not making metro north. They have M7 and M3 too. But I hope they do something soon. It's good that we let it be known. TrainSim-Matt TrainSim-Adam

• Like Like x 2
  19. MrbKlegend89

Exactly at least if it can't add the PIS of stops inside the m7 at least jus have its destination route only..as far as the Metro North I wouldn't even trust them to make it lol...and if they do I would hope they do the New Haven line like in the TS2021...and maybe add the New Canaan Line MAYBE...but who knows ...And even if added, which line would be the best for the game.I saw barely few ppl mention the Harlem Line. Thats not a bad choice. At the moment, I feel that I don't trust them to do Metro North after the LIRR DLC.As as far as the DB goes, yea they do get spoiled but the funny part is certain German dlcs don't have MANY fleet like u see in real life. They have like a million fleets running. Lol...I kinda like the HHR route but it should be a little longer....and the HMA(if u on the next gen of consoles and pc) dlc is cool with the layers and all but not much regional trains...although I hear they bring the DB420, I'm not familiar with that fleet...To be fair I would want to see a German dlc through Berlin though...something bout that station and the busy times interest me.....But back to the LIRR, it shouldn't still be experiencing issues especially sounds after that update...

• Like Like x 2
  20. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Fully agree. They should start fixing older routes and sell it as fresh content. I stopped buying preserved collection DLC because not all of them are on the same level.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Getting this route fixed seems like an uphill battle after Adam recently said they are moving away from route-specific preservation focus. Instead they’ll implement improvements across several routes at once. I guess that’s kinda bad news for those who were looking forward to LIRR preservation update part 2 with audio and signal system improvements. I hope I’m wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  22. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Not sure if that is bad news. It might move things faster.

• Like Like x 1
  23. SubwayRailfanner

Yeah if they make it thats my hopes since we have amtrak now too and aware that DB have so many fleets but don't look like they having problems adding those fleets in little by little. But we might just have to hope for the best if not keep dreaming lol.

24. SubwayRailfanner

Yeah it's needs to reach the levels of the newer routes. When you play some preserved routes it just feels off compared to the newer ones but get that it was made way back.

• Like Like x 1
  25. SubwayRailfanner

Yeah but if they have to fix issues they have to fix it. They can't just leave it sitting there then other things they have to focus on just gets in the way and it be becomes forgotten. But I feel like they need more people to help them. What happens when they release all these routes for the next few years its gonna stack up and its gonna have it's own issues on top of everything they still need to fix they are gonna have a hard time keeping up with everything. Might as well get it done now before it becomes really unlikely.

• Like Like x 1