A Thought For Progressing The Ps5 Dlc / Trophy Issue

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Stephen Crofts, Oct 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

There’s been much talk about this so I’ll keep this short.
    It’s a raw idea to throw out there and see if it has any traction.

Could our dlc be re-released instead as separate games each with the UE embedded in it?
    If the driver profile was entirely hosted on dovetail live and each ‘game’ (our dlc) was separately connected to the same login, we would have lots of smaller TSW games all able to fit on disc and have all their trophies intact.

Whether the current game architecture could achieve this I have no idea, I just throw it out there as I feel it’s better than the idea of an ever growing 90Gb+ mega install!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

If they're still actually a long way from the total trophy limit (someone said 1000?) perhaps one option would be to split it into separate geographic games, but have them all bundled together to a single purchase. Given how tedious it currently is to navigate the home menu when you have a load of DLC, I'd rather be able to start up TSW UK and not have to filter slowly past loads of TSW Germany content to find East Coast way. TSW North America wouldn't get much use for me, but I'd happily start a separate version of the game to have an occasional bash on LIRR or PC. Straight away you've reduced your proximity to trophy and DLC limits by a third.

• Like Like x 1
  3. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

That would mean that you would fill up your hard drive with TSW2 games. Not sure if I want that. Wanna play a different route you have to start a new game? I would rather have all my routes in one place than having my PS be the menu of TSW2

4. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

True enough, that would be a headache indeed.

The regional game option would be a compromise that has the same effect, for a few years at least. But where would LGV and Arosa live best?

5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it wasn't a perfect solution, just an idea - I don't own either of those routes (or the Canadian one), so someone would need to have a good think about how they'd split. :)

I'm guessing most of the space taken up is the base maps so it potentially wouldn't increase the drive space by a huge amount if Bakerloo was in the UK app, Koln in Germany etc. Particularly if DTG are having to add more content in to the base package to solve the DLC issue, splitting the app could dramatically improve that situation for people who focus solely on one country's routes.

I guess mostly I just saw a way to improve the cumbersome menu navigation!