Fed Up With Dtg

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by smugstarlord#4202, Oct 13, 2021.

1. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Well peeps can infer you're level of knowledge from your post (which are sadly lacking in technical understanding) and can also call out your hypocrisy (after all, what is a comment such as "Anyway, are you just going to poke holes or make constructive comments?" doing except attempting to gatekeep?).

• Like Like x 1
  2. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

This thread has gone quite far enough with arguing. Please remember that other posters are entirely permitted to have a different interpretation of current events.

To clarify the situation - we have limitations with what we can do based on the Playstation 5 platform which has different, more restrictive rules than the Playstation 4.

Now, this may be a problem we did not originate but it does fall to us to resolve it. We have a unique game on console in that it is designed to be collected over multiple years, while others reset every year and offer an entirely new game. We're a pretty unique case so will need to come up with a unique solution.

• Like Like x 10
  3. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Well whoever’s fault it is I think we can all agree TSW2 is a complete dogs breakfast on PlayStation whether on PS4 or PS5 and quite frankly not worth the money they are charging for a dlc whether anyone wants to block me for saying that or defend DTG or Sony at all costs.

It’s a shame but it’s currently where we are at. TSW2 has the potential to be an epic game for train fans but I’ve not actually loaded up and played TSW2 for quite a while now. It’s far too much hassle and seriously annoying to play when you discover far too many things suddenly not working during game play.

I haven’t totally given up on the game I might return to it one day sometime in the future? if? they can get it anywhere near reasonably bug free and stable but at the moment time is too valuable to spend lengthy time of my rapidly diminishing life span doing lengthy runs which often just end up getting abandoned.

TSW2 is a niche game true but that really isn’t an excuse for a game that’s being sold to the public to have so many ongoing and new problems occurring which affect it on all platforms.

• Like Like x 2
  4. andrewtodd793

andrewtodd793 Member

The only issue I have with the whole Sony/dtg problem is the ps5 core update had been used as a beta test for about 3 months so couldn't anyone have found the patch notes from the Sony website

• Like Like x 1
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I've looked at the Sony tech site and can't find any reference to it, and the way DTG have spoken about it, even the tech support from Sont themselves didn't know until after the release of the update. We know dev goes sideways, but either way hopefully (fingers crossed) both Sony and DTG can come up with a way that this expensive piece of hardware, and up to date OS can allow gamers to actually use the damn software without running into meaningless walls all the time

To be fair, it's probably a database limitation somewhere, and they don't want to have the data flooding over a certain amount of lines or characters hence the limit. All this data has to be stored somewhere...

6. andrewtodd793

andrewtodd793 Member

I couldn't agree more

• Like Like x 1
  7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

smfh

• Like Like x 1