Florida East Coast Railway

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cmadonna1998, Sep 7, 2021.

?
  1. Yes, love it!

24 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Cool idea, but not for me

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. This wouldn't work for TSW2

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. cmadonna1998

cmadonna1998 Active Member

First post, but I wanted to share a US route suggestion that I think would work well in TSW2. I would love to see the Florida East Coast (FEC) Railway between Palm Beach and Miami. This is a class 2 freight railroad that runs a variety of mainline freight, local services, and port switchers. Furthermore, Brightline (a privately owned high speed passenger rail service) runs between Palm Beach and Miami with a stop in Fort Lauderdale.

I think this would be a great route to play. The FEC uses both SD40-2s and GE ES44C4s on mainline freight. The GEs are really cool as they run off both diesel and LNG so they have an LNG tender between each pair of engines. The FEC also uses GP40-2s for switching and local duties.

Brightline uses Siemens Charger SCB-40 locos and runs 17 daily services between Miami and Palm Beach. Palm Beach and Miami both have ports that could be included for switching duties and Miami has the huge Hialeah Yard.

This route would be roughly the same as the previous CSX line with Tri-rail service for TS1, however it would give players the ability to play one of the only private high speed train lines in the US, rather than a commuter service.

All in all, I think that a route like this would be perfect for a freight heavy US route, but it also includes passenger services to give everyone something to play. It would also allow Dovetail to reuse 2 locos already in the game, just re-skinned, and introduce 2 brand new locos to the game. What do you all think? fec.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

It feels like it might have a bit of a Pen Corridor vibe about it and I'd definitely consider it with a passenger and freight mix. The trains looks pretty cool too.

[​IMG]

Might be worth editing your thread title to include the name of the railway - "US Route Suggestion" isn't helpful if people are already in the suggestions sub-forum and/or looking specifically for it. ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. 42nd Street Shuttle

42nd Street Shuttle New Member

Honestly I think this is a good idea. I would like them to add something in South Florida like this, as I live in Ft. Lauderdale. It is a great railway running through all the major cities; But there is one problem: Brightline service is suspended due to COVID, which would mean if they had Brightline now, the route would have to be based in 2019. It is expected that it will resume service in late 2021, but no one is sure of the exact date. Other than that, I think this route would be a great idea.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

The ES44C4 and Brightline SCB40 Charger are perfect for a Florida route. Add a GP40-3 for switching/locals and maybe an SD70M-2 as DLC. A few CSX and NS diesels could be perfect for interchanges. Also, add an Amtrak P42DC Genesis other passenger trains. The route should be Miami-West Palm Beach.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

I think I requested Brightline before on this forum...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. cmadonna1998

I'm sorry if you did. I just wasn't able to find any posts relating to it so I figured I would do it myself. FEC is kind of a home route for me. I don't live in Florida anymore but for about 4 years I lived just 5 minutes away from the tracks.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

The more the merrier. It's an awesome railroad, the likes of which I would love to see in TSW.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. cxsmax#1736

cxsmax#1736 Member

most likey they well not do that because its a 300 mile route but if they do i well be happy plus follows tri rail

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Palm Beach to Miami (what was suggested) is only ~70 miles and has already been represented by DTG before in TS

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. cmadonna1998

Exactly, I know there would be no way to have the whole FEC or the Brightline extension to Orlando, but that would be awesome. Palm Beach to Miami was previously done on CSX and Tri-Rail trackage. I suggested the FEC and Brightline for a more unique experience from other US routes like Peninsula Corridor.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. xi haoyu china

xi haoyu china Active Member

This route wich country?

12. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

The first line of the first post literally says the US...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. xi haoyu china

us??? there is place called us??

14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

U.S.A
    Shortened to US
    Maybe in Chinese it translates to something else?

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. xi haoyu china

ok

16. aarontheloner

aarontheloner Active Member

Least he ain't just insulting the routes everyone else suggest anymore.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1