Other Db Br 187 Enginesound

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by MYG92, Oct 14, 2021.

1. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Another proof that they don’t test their stuff, the enginesound of the BR187 is from the BR185.5 :) I already regret this DLC:D

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...I guess the sound of a BR187 or TRAXX3 is the same as a BR185.5 or TRAXX2. Both types are manufactured by "Bombardier" and use the same setup of traction motors with the same traction power of 5600 kW. So a real acoustic difference would only be made by a different manufacturer, such as "Siemens" with its BR182 or Taurus versions and another setup with more traction power of 6400 kW.
    Nevertheless the "last mile" diesel would have been an acoustic bonus, but was only used in demonstration locomotives and for other private rail companies, but unfortunately not in series production for DB.

I'm looking forward to this loco, which definitly enriches the SKA route and its still empty looking freight yards.

3. dergamer8

dergamer8 New Member

Sorry but you are totally wrong. The sound of the Br 187 is completely different compared to the sound of the Br 185. Just because they are from the same manufacture and from the same product lineup doesn't mean they sound the same. Traxx 3 is different in many ways compared to Traxx 2. Just look up in the internet, watch some YouTube videos and then you will know the difference.

I just hope that this whole sound thing is related to technical Issues and that we will get a fix in the next few days

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rutger Luiten

Rutger Luiten Active Member

In real life, the sound is not only comming from the traction motors. The main sound is comming from the traction installation that controls the power input to the traction motors. In the past the power input was controlled by relais and the you had the loud clicking sounds.

• Like Like x 1
  5. robinnieuwenhuis1

robinnieuwenhuis1 Member

And not even only the traction sounds are reused, also the stationary, motor fan, clown horn, compressor sound and brake sounds are reused.

This is how it should sound for the people that don't know the loco:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

No they used the broken 146/185 sound from Main Spessart Bahn before the Rush Hour Update.
    That’s pure laziness and not caring about what the real 187 sounds

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...actually sounds a little different! I must admit, never heard that before from that close distance. But to get real life recordinds by professional microphones, placed at the loco, isn't the easiest thing in these times... to use the existing recordings is less complicated. ;)

8. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

For my Friends here

9. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

why did you buy it ? We all know what to expect from DTG. Just wondering...

10. FantaDose

FantaDose New Member

Just stupid that dtg did not build the loco

11. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

It wasn’t from DTG this time but I didn’t expect Skyhook to be that lazy for using the 185.5 enginesound instead

12. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

Ah, thank you. I think there are only a few resources available which are used all over the place regardless of the developer.
    See the W201 (mercedes 190) in SPG, and the standard river in alpine regions like Arosa. Again somebody was too lazy to do a mountain stream.
    So we might never see a DLC where a new fauna and flora is required.