I Honestly Don’t Know Why I Bother (tube Stock Dlc)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Tynmar, Oct 14, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Just running the intro, as you do. Box ticking and earning those last trophies while I can.

Intro loads. Walk up to marker next to cab.
    Door doesn’t open? :mad:

walk back to passengers doors and go that way.

master key blah blah…. Head back and open the doors as per the instruction.

then told to pop it in to shunting? THE DOORS ARE STILL OPEN!!! :mad::mad:

we all know the steps required but when the first tasks on the intro are broken it shows they really don’t care (RIVET and DTG)

testing? What testing! You lot are a joke!

Not even sure if it’s testings fault as someone wrote this intro and left out steps…

despite what the update from JD saying tube stock equals no for PS5 trophies. They have been there since 05/10 and they do pop as I just found out.

now to find the manual which is advertised at the end of the intro :D:D:D

Edit: when opening the doors… I must have jumped back in the seat. In my defence waiting at the guard point, am told to lock the doors, but the lock button isn’t highlighted like the rest. Inconsistent still.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Sigh

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

9A201083-18FB-4DDC-AEB0-B49D262D86F3.jpeg
    let’s look at those timetables shall we? Oh original stock clickable but no longer has a display name :D

• Like Like x 3
  4. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Handles don’t sway in the seating area, missed a trick Rivet folk :|

oh and you can open the doors as the train approaches the platform, heck you can even jump on.

Hahaha as a passenger you can even open the doors and hop off.

• Like Like x 1
  5. taylormade#6721

taylormade#6721 Well-Known Member

same for me too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I don’t have the 38 stock, but I see the same thing with the diesel legends timetable sometimes.

7. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

This one is already being investigated.

• Like Like x 3
  8. taylormade#6721

taylormade#6721 Well-Known Member

Nice. I was wondering why that was there. Also, there's a few other bugs that are shown on my gameplay video I uploaded recently on my Youtube channel (Maz169 - A First Look at the 1938 Tube Stock on the Bakerloo Line) if you would like to use that as a reference. For example, during the introduction, it tells me to put the reverser into "Forward 2", but I really need to put it in "Forward 1" to complete the objective.

• Like Like x 1
  9. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

Is this stopping Mark going to be fixed on the bakerloo line

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Gosh yes the markers, just had a good chuckle at north Wembley. It’s not on the road map that I could see.

The opening of the passenger doors while moving is a tad annoying.

also the driver cab doors. Front, right and back doors open. Just not the one next to the drivers seat on the left. Is this meant to be locked at all times?

• Like Like x 1
  11. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I remember Matt explaining why there was no name against it. He said it was because the Bakerloo timetable was created before they had multiple timetable support, it didn’t have a name against it because it didn’t need it at the time. This will be the same for any timetables dated before Diesel Legends. GWE & Rapid Transit had their names updated when changes were made.

My guess is that Rivet don’t have access to change the name of DTG produced content hence why the 72 stock one is blank at launch.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  12. universal.chris

universal.chris Active Member

Hi Tynmar! I know this isn't helpful (pretty much the opposite) but somebody had to buy it and report whether or not it was good on the forums for all the people who were interested but hesitant to purchase it out of fear it would be another train wreck.
    I'm just sorry it was you. Thanks for taking one for the team!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

hehe it’s no trouble, I’ve been a day one purchase for the last year or so and often add a “my thoughts” post

Had planned on this anyway and will still play through for now… last DLC with a trophy set for a while, had to be done

187 and st Ives, won’t be touching which is a shame.

• Like Like x 4
  14. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

I believe (although I don’t have the dlc) it may be like the 483 where unless the drivers seat is folded up, there isn’t room for the door to open

15. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

pretty sure at the start of the intro the seat was up after walking through the passenger area. Seat down, master switch etc. will double check later as sounds like a good reassign why the door won’t pop open.

16. ace

ace Member

I was wondering about this DLC after seeing the video of it on Youtube. There were too many little issues and things they didn't know about or have answers to during the chat. I want what's offered for sale to be as polished as possible not released in an incomplete state. I'm still having a great time playing the game but it does seem like to many DLC's are coming out one on top of another. It seems like I barely download one DLC and another one arrives. And I know I don't need to purchase them right away but are routes and engines really getting the polish they deserve or are they getting pushed out for sale even if they are not quite finished? I'm not an expert on building routes and loco's, but I used to buy everything right away and now I just wait because it will need updating for sure...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

nail on the head. Swear I pressed X a few times though to enter as instructed? Makes no sense. Either I was tired or I’m hard wired to expect things to fail.

Edited main post… sigh… just not fun any more. Too many errors everywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

DTG Protagonist excellent job in the stream, you’ve brightened my day :cool:

The sound question was raised at the wrong time
    When coasting and using the external view (and I use external view a lot) there is the usual click clack but when coasting, zilch. Drop down from shunting and from decent motor noise… back to awkward silence.

Jasper_Rivet Hello, I welcome your feedback on this if it’s 100% or can we expect tweaks in the future?

oh the opening of the doors while in motion?

lastly my apologies for the tags and somewhat moan fest of a thread. It’s looks lovely but underneath needs attention

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yuk Foo

Yuk Foo New Member

There is a painted sign above the door that says no entrance although this might be for the benefit of the passengers. I’m actually enjoying this train it looks very cool. Sorry I don’t have any gripes.

20. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Don’t be sorry! It’s nice to hear that you are perfectly happy!

• Like Like x 2
  21. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

indeed as Petey says no need to be sorry, glad you are enjoying it. Have said earlier it does look nice but sound and opening doors while in motion bug me too much (I know I know don’t press any buttons :D)

22. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I’ll spare the forum another thread and just post here again ….

just curious if anyone else has this DLC had fun with the blast from the last scenario?

Last station before the siding park at the end.
    Red light for a while? Contact signal chap, proceed as signals indicate? Wait wait. Nothing. Should have saved it as I SPAD after an hour, yay.

I see at the trophy stats a tiny percentage have got this, just wondered how long you are meant to wait.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Yuk Foo

Yuk Foo New Member

Is this where you are supposed to change ends because this still shows a red light on the hud, other than that I didn’t have a problem.

24. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Nope it’s right at the very end of the scenario.

I did brick it half way as when turning back/changing ends… I saw another train facing me and thought NoooooooOoooo thankfully it was held at a red and my tube swapped over to the other line. Phew.

will try again at the weekend and sit at the red for as long as I have to :)

• Like Like x 1