Some Early Thoughts On The Br 187

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rattyfus, Oct 14, 2021.

1. rattyfus

rattyfus New Member

I’ve only completed the tutorial and one scenario, but a few problems stuck out for me. In general it looks potentially a fun DLC, and if some tweaks are made I think freight fans will enjoy it. Feel free to weigh in with any issues you find - this is just for starters. This is NOT a general moan about all the other issues going on at the moment, and anyway DTG didn’t make this add-on.
    Completing objectives does’t give a beep, which is disconcerting when you’re used to it.
    Climbing aboard does that horrible dip down to the bottom step, like the Boston route.
    LZB Ende and dropping back into PZB give no audible alarms. Alarming!
    Engine sound horribly looping when stationary. Also it was reported elsewhere that it’s the sound from the 185.5, which is disappointing.
    Can’t see a manual yet. This is a complex modern loco, and it would be nice to know how much functionality there is, particularly with the screens, which are far from self explanatory.
    All controls are locked out in the 187 Introduction like in the bad old days, well, you know what I mean.
    That’ll do for now. Hopefully any issues on this thread will be passed on and addressed, so feel free to fill your boots.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Could any of those who have bought tell something about the additional services it brings for SKA? Does it make use of the sidings and overtaking tracks along the route? Or are the additional services the same as the freight services that are already in-game? Thanks a lot :)

3. rattyfus

rattyfus New Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. rattyfus

rattyfus New Member

Missed something in my original post, there’s no notch at Idle on the throttle , which makes idling the throttle in a hurry a pain.
    Further issues with LZB also. It doesn’t give audio alarms at all and is not showing up on the dash screen in any useful or expected way. A poor implementation.
    Scenarios are very thin on useful instructions and very thick with useless ones, like the spurious G Via instructions.
    Overall this feels like the original Isle of Wight release with no implementation of recent core features of the game and a failure to deliver safety systems.

• Like Like x 1