Train Sim World 2 - East Coastway Elder

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

I’m sure they would have issued a fix already if the problem was easy to sort out. It doesn’t really influence my opinion that they should stop marketing and releasing new content as long as Rush Hour remains an incoherent mess.

• Like Like x 1
  2. s0ggyflannel69

s0ggyflannel69 Member

the 313 has had LED markers since silverlink had them in the early 2000s

3. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Has anyone been to Hove yet on the bml or is it out of bounds

4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Somebody has used boundary break to get to it, but it’s apparently not modelled in much detail at all.

5. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Completely agree with you Bart.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Maybe a mod will be made like for ebbsfleet lower platforms

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

You can use the OOB mod to check it out. As stated, there isn't alot of detail past the 1st tunnel

upload_2021-10-13_9-0-25.png

upload_2021-10-13_9-0-34.png

upload_2021-10-13_9-0-47.png

upload_2021-10-13_9-0-58.png

upload_2021-10-13_9-1-12.png

• Helpful Helpful x 5
  8. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

But think of it why would it be modelled to the extent of say Brighton, Gatwick Airport or Clapham Jcn?
    Its inaccessible by "normal" means also its not seen from the train so modeling is lesser there as to not impact on memory usage.

matt said that its only in there for AI pathing purposes. There are a few 166 and 377 services that use it and thats it.

Its the number one rule I stuck too when making routes in Trainz. If its not seen from the train or passing cameras then no need to model it.

Regards

Hentis

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Not sure if you misunderstood my reply, but I simply informed them on the status of Hove as per the request.

Personally I couldn’t care less regarding the state of Hove since it’s not in the route.

10. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  11. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

:o Oh my, I never even noticed that. :(

• Like Like x 3
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The people who develop new content and the people who fix released content are not the same people.

13. solicitr

I assume that since it's running on DC, its performance will be a bit sluggish compared to the Cathcart 314?

• Like Like x 1
  14. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see this subbed in on some of the inner suburban services (AI and player) on London Commuter. I know they don't operate around London, but they make a decent replacement for a 455 until we have one, and would add variety when speeding through South London.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Desiro

Desiro New Member

The "PIS" looks fine to me...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  16. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's never actually clarified what his gripe is.

Need one of those shrugging emojis to go along with the facepalm I regularly miss. :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Coastway trainspotter

825E6AF4-51C5-49CF-8913-E39F297CA31D.jpeg
    just found this on discord !

• Like Like x 8
  18. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

Very nice, really looking forward to this!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nielsen

You are the second person now to give me this response, but I don’t mind repeating my point. I’m talking about preserving a decent image. DTG clearly has a massive appetite for the £ and too little commitment to making things work for players having already spent fortunes on this game. Especially on consoles, but you’re on PC, so your perception is probably different. Go read the Playstation section and you’ll see that almost half of the recent threads revolve around utter frustration and some very valid concerns.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  20. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  21. Nielsen

It’s not free or included in the season ticket.

22. Coastway trainspotter

After the state that tsw is in , it would be nice to get a little compensation

• Like Like x 6
  23. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Now that is so sad, they should just give it to us to make up the fact with all the bugs and stuff still. :(

• Like Like x 2
  24. Nielsen

Agreed, but in practice it would be problematic since the East Coastway DLC is a dependency for this DLC.

25. Coastway trainspotter

Maybe it could be included with east Coastway if you were to buy it , or added as a layer if you already own east Coastway

• Like Like x 1
  26. s0ggyflannel69

s0ggyflannel69 Member

it should be in a dot matrix font but it’s just text almost as if they put a blind in it

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I wonder what performance problems the 313 will introduce to London Commuter. The route is barely playable on PS5 without an extra layer added.

• Like Like x 3
  28. Trainmania100

With only 12 services to add (many of which are in different parts), there's not going to be many 313s on the network at one time, so personally I don't think it'll have much effect.

29. solicitr

As Matt has said, it's loading the additional train model which murders RAM, not the number of copies operating.

30. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

It is great to see the 313 at long last making an appearance but with all this DLC coming out and all the bugs in all the platforms wouldn't it be better to hold off untill the fixes come? I do realise the teams that fix the game are separate from the ones that release the DLC but surely releasing DLC into buggy software will only cause more problems no?

• Like Like x 3
  31. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

We should make a thread and a petition to get this add on for free.

• Like Like x 2
  32. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

No point since it won't happen. DTG doesn't make dlc's and release them for free

• Like Like x 1
  33. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

So they should give away an entire new train dlc for free??

Right now there is something going on in a thread about the inaccurate br187 sounds, people are angry about.

No thank you, i pay for the work dtg has put in for the 313 and can enjoy a quality addon.

In the real world i dont know anybody working for free. Eastcoast way & london commuter run fine for me, which means i cant even reproduce the problems somebody has on an other gaming platform.

I want tsw to survive and grow on nice dlcs, unfortunately in this world it doesnt happen with bread, water and the "get for free" ice cream on top.

• Like Like x 7
  34. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

I wish it would be free, but DTG have been working on this on and off for over a year. They will lose so much money if they don’t sell it and would have used up lots of developer time in the making of it.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Southern Driver

Southern Driver Active Member

Giving away content like this for free is absurd.

The best you can ask for is that the price is reduced slightly on the original plan.

• Like Like x 2
  36. NickFarrant

NickFarrant Active Member

Really looking forward to the 313, a personal favourite for me.

Free DLC? That's not how life works unfortunately.

When you purchase DLC your supporting the people that contributed to making it, you can't just expect a company to put employees time and knowledge into a product and then release it for free. People have to make a living outside on TS/TSW!

• Like Like x 5
  37. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

If not FOR FREE, then a huge discount At Least, cause we still don't know how the train is going to turn out, would there still be bug glitches and other problems. Of course, I know how theings work in real life. Just saying they should give us a break, They could also add this for those who purchase East Coastway like other people are saying in this chat. Don't get to work up to about it, cause this is not the place for you to do that.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  38. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

The turn this thread has taken, and the sense of entitlement on display, is a little disheartening.

• Like Like x 9
  39. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Really? You heard of a game called No Mans Sky? The game got in huge difficulty and became a victim of its own hype but go look at that game now. They not only released fixes but just about rewrote the game with new mechanics and free addons .There have been others too, a tiny minority but there some companies that care about their fanbase, used to anyway.

I'm not saying DTG should give away stuff either, that is for them. I know many people would welcome such a gesture though.

• Like Like x 4
  40. Nielsen

If the current circumstances do not justify a sense of entitlement, then I don’t know what does. Obviously this train won’t be free, but DTG should really think about developing a freebie. It’s something many game publishers do to say thanks for the loyalty so far.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Trainmania100

Regardless of how bml runs, I'm playing it and enjoying it, despite the issues, and I'd be more than delighted to pay for the 313. A few more services would have been nice, but it's a coastway unit after all.

42. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Well to stick with the side topic, the fact london commuter has surprisingly 1400 / 4000 Services can be counted on that. The entire Team spent a giant amount of hours that we can enjoy what we have now.

• Like Like x 1
  43. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

...and more bug fixes released yesterday, so DTG are 'upping their game' when it comes to listening to it's customers, albeit Rush Hour was a mess.

• Like Like x 1
  44. solicitr

You mean, like the Meißen branch?

Or for that matter, all of Adam's Preserved Team's many free upgrades to older DLC, which DTG could have left entirely alone?

• Like Like x 5
  45. solicitr

In my view, the 313 almost certainly was developed in conjunction with the 314, and that is a great little train.

46. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

Maybe those who suggest that a company give away products for free should start their own company. See how that goes. NOTHING is free in this world. Do these people want to work for free? Let them go out and secure licenses, and work several months creating a product to just give away to some whiny, entitled children who don't value other people's hard work. Practice what you preach. How about telling your employer to not pay you for your next month worth of shifts. Nobody is making anybody buy anything. If you don't like a product, you don't have to buy it.

• Like Like x 5
  47. Nielsen

I’m referring to an actual DLC item labelled as free. Meißen branch was a delayed addition, and the preserved updates are quality of life support, which developers usually don’t charge for.

Free DLC is not uncommon at all. Gran Turismo was adding a myriad of free cars and circuits three years straight starting in late 2017. Forza Horizon too (free cars), and Snowrunner to a lesser degree. I could mention more. It definitely happens in the real world.

You rant as if people suddenly want everything for free. That’s evidently not the case. The BR 313 article merely inspired someone to bring up the idea, which is hardly entitled.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  48. locobilly

locobilly Well-Known Member

Looking forward immensely to this one. The more EMU/DMU's of different types we can have on UK routes the better as it adds to immersion. Would dearly love to see South West Railways stock added to London Commuter to stop Clapham Jct. looking so darned empty on the west side.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  49. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I think you're wildly underestimating just how big the gap is between the money that Gran Turismo generates from sales vs Train Sim World. I'd imagine, even sales of Mudrunner/Snowrunner (which do have paid DLC - there's a premium version which includes the Year 1 pass) massively outnumber those of TSW because driving games will always be more popular than niche train sims.

GT Sport had over 9.5 million players at the start of this year – chucking in a constant supply of free cars to bolster the game (which you're going to get charged for again anyway when they're included in GT7), isn't going to make a dent in the Polyphony cashflow. According to SteamDB, the peak concurrent players on TSW2 was around 3,000 and usually it hovers around half that, so maybe 5,000 across all platforms if we assume a slight console bias. You're comparing apples with steak and chips.

• Like Like x 4
  50. locobilly

locobilly Well-Known Member

Perhaps a closer comparison of like-for-like would be the fishing game; "Fisher Online". This sold for £14.99 in early access and the game was pretty much complete a while back as far as I can see. He sells dlc, both tackle and new fisheries, but the single dev has managed to add I think 2 completely new fisheries as free dlc. He has also upgraded 2 fisheries at no cost to players. Like I say he is a one man dev team and the game is definitely niche like TSW2 I'd say, in fact I'd wager that he makes a lot less money, so it can be done.

• Like Like x 1