Best 3rd Party Steam Locos?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zefreak, Oct 14, 2021.

1. zefreak

zefreak Active Member

I have all of the Smokebox steam locomotives and am interested in what else is out there of high quality. I have heard good things about Digital Traction, Caledonia Works and Machines Depot but have never purchased anything from them. Are these at the same level of quality as what Smokebox does for American steam? What is your favorite from them or anyone else?

2. 878606

878606 Member

Caledonia Works have some beautiful locos and the detail is so high the overall quality is superb i would recommend, Digital Traction they were good back in the day but now days not many releases but what they got on their shop it's top notch, havent got any Machine Depot locos they do have some great detail from the screen shot i seen a while back, but you are forgetting BossMan Games they have some outstanding quality of locos with an advanced level of standard a lot features and i must say they are very tricky to operate them but again if you are well know to steam locos you just have to read the manual properly, Just Trains have also some good quality standard locos worth have a look on their shop a good variety of british steam locos from this developers worth a look

• Like Like x 1
  3. paweuek

paweuek Active Member

Black 5 by Bossman Games is a must have for me beside Smokebox products.

And of course other products by BG

4. trev123

trev123 Active Member

Just Trains do a few good quality steam locos too.

5. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1