Cockpit Personalisation Items For Mastery Rewards

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by antwerpcentral, Oct 7, 2021.

1. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I was thinking of some ideas for mastery rewards unlockables. What about stuff to personalise the cockpit like bubbleheads, dices on a string, even ordinary items like a lunchbox or thermos. The items would stay in the cockpit you place it and you can only use 1 item on 1 loco so every loco you own can be unique.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

IRL, Drivers wouldn't really have hung dice or anything of the sort in the cab. That's something that you would see a trucker do (Something like the DLC's for ATS/ETS). I'm not fully against this though, and I think that this is still a cool idea.

Maybe adding a coffee cup to a cupholder, or a Driver's bag in the cab to increase the immersion, and add a little more to the experience.

• Like Like x 1
  3. antwerpcentral

Truck drivers and space pilots. :D The cockpit of the trains reminds me of the cockpits in Elite dangerous.

Could also be a notepad or very ordinary stuff a train driver might have lying around.

Do train drivers bring radio's to work like tram drivers do? Unlocking a radio would be a cool new way to earn money for DTG by selling radio stations like Cities Skylines

4. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Radios? As in music or to talk to the dispatcher? I'm not sure if DTG would be able to get licensing for that, or if many people would buy it, but I'd like to see how that would go.

A Notepad though would be realistic, along with a clipboard and a paper of the timetable or whatever.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

No, all distractions/electronics are banned in train cabs (In Scotland, might be different in other countries) no radios, GoPros, phones etc, without permission from above, some TOC's have iPads in the cab for the driver but that only has information about the train such as stops and nothing else, the iPads basically replaced the notepad but do the same thing :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. antwerpcentral

Well if no fun attributes are allowed in the cockpit maybe different wear overlays. Personalise you cockpit with dust and dirt :D

7. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I think you're better off playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator, so you can fully customize your own truck there, both exterior and interior.

As train drivers don't own the train, any kind of personalization makes no sense.

• Like Like x 2
  8. antwerpcentral

Who says I'm a train driver? I own trains, lots of them. I also seem to own stations and lots and lots of land to drive on. I'm probably train tycoon or bought big patches of the European railway system. I probably own a lot of shares in a lot of railway companies, so much so they let me drive their trains whenever I want to. I don"t have a licence or a proper training and they even let me carry passengers. :D

Why no imagination by referencing to trucks? I'm also a space pilot and it the cockpit of my ship I have a bubblehead.

9. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

For mastery I want a nodding Sam or Matt with pink ears to sit on my dashboard…

• Like Like x 4