Crash And Out Of Memory

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by amarijordan42, Oct 10, 2021.

1. amarijordan42

amarijordan42 Member

Anytime I'm on London Commuter after I do 2 services the game either crash or says I'm out of memory

• Like Like x 3
  2. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Yes I’ve had this even though running series S Xbox

• Like Like x 1
  3. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I play series S and I'm yet to have a crash

4. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

Yep I play on Xbox one and had the problem

• Like Like x 1
  5. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

I have had the same problem happens between Clapham Junction and Victoria which is where the low Frame Rates start to happen as well as having audio issues including the screen freezing when starting a service on the Series X

6. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

I've got the same issues on my xbox one X. I've started to work out that if you are outbound from Vic just start the service again. It will usually let you complete the service the second time.
    Inbound to Vic save the route just after you have gone through Clapham or set off from Clapham. If it crashes just start your saved game and you can complete it.
    There are some services were you get in a queue at the end due to a AI train stuck at a redlight.ive had this 3 times already. Start the service again but spawn on foot at the starting station as close as you can to the starting time then take over the train manually. This will usually solve the problems and let you complete the service. I know it could waste an hour but at least it works.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. markalesso

markalesso Member

Hey
    I haven't had any crashes on BML so far, even though I have experienced bigger fps drops in some parts of the route.. Only Dresden route makes me sad cause everytime I approach Dresden area including Dresden Hbf, Dresden Mitte and Dresden Neustadt the game is crashing.. Can't complete a full service with DB BR 101 and ICE3, also with freight services happen the same.. And fps drops here too.. I hope it will be fixed soon.
    /Xbox One X/

• Like Like x 1
  8. Buggleskelly

Buggleskelly New Member

I get the crash every time, with the out of memory message, when I select explore by foot and choose Victoria as the start. Other times it's around Clapham Junction, en route to Victoria on a service. I've noticed however, that it's not as bad during late evening services. I do get some other bizarre occurrences from time to time. For example, if I fully complete a service and return to free roam afterwards, I sometimes get a service failure due to train going through a red light. This has happened after I've disembarked and no longer in control of the train.

I'm also playing on Series S. Would it make any difference if I transferred everything over to my Series X?

9. teamcrazy#8012

teamcrazy#8012 New Member

I've had the same out of memory crashes back to the box dashboard, I been sat at Victoria with the doors and had a SPAD when the train isn't moving.

I'm playing on Xbox one S

10. peterg1002612

peterg1002612 Member

same problem on xbox one on the scenario rerouted

11. leelarner

leelarner New Member

even on series x the 387 crashes when you open doors on some services upon arrival at Brighton and also on the 387 the AWS doesn't sound in the Victoria area and the yellow hatch door on the 377 opens on it's own which is just unrealistic

12. box215

box215 Active Member

I havent had any crashes doing the scenarios or timetable runs
    The only crash I've had is doing a journey from Brighton to London. Got to London Vicotria, and crash
    Has anyone else only had crashes doing the journeys?
    Playing on Series X

13. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

I can also confirm I've had that happen myself

14. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

So what normally causes out of memory issues?

• Like Like x 1
  15. teide

teide Member

I’m running this on Xbox series S (having moved from PS4 where I owned all routes and DLCs with the expectation that I would see great improvement on a next generation console.
    When BML works, it’s great, but I can rarely run a service north of Clapham Junction without an out of memory crash. This cannot be acceptable when there are numerous games out there which are equally or more complex.
    There are many threads on the forum on this exact same subject but total silence from DTG by way of a response, acknowledgement or outline of the way ahead. Any chance of a comment DTG or do you not care now you have our money?

• Like Like x 2
  16. cafc4eva

cafc4eva New Member

After 3 attempts I'm yet to complete the first scenario due to the system crashing. First one I got stuck at a red signal for half an hour, the second it just signed me out of Xbox live and the last one I was about to open the doors at Brighton and the game just crashed. 2 hours down the drain.

17. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

I was able to complete the first scenario first time

18. Mid56

Mid56 New Member

Having the same issue on Xbox series X

19. mandonov

mandonov Active Member

I think Matt has mentioned on streams a few times that they use Xbox Series X dev kits to test the game, and throttle it to simulate an Xbox One etc.. I wonder if not testing on actual different models of Xbox machines is why they have consistently missed major game breaking bugs.

Either way, QA needs a revamp. I don’t trust their judgement for what ‘quality’ is.

• Like Like x 3
  20. njkendall42

njkendall42 Member

I understand the Roadmap stream on Tuesday will be Matt and Sam. They are calling it "The state of the game" or something. Hope we will get an explanation and the plan for sorting it all out. I play on xbox one, it's unplayable, crashing, laggy......to the point where I have stopped playing TSW because the fun has gone and it makes me flippin cross. I feel ripped off quite frankly. I have spent hundreds with DTG as have many others and they just fob us off with excuses.
    I love Tsw, it's a really good sim/game ruined by releasing broken stuff. Too big too quick? I don't know. Don't apologise or make excuses, just fix it so I can enjoy driving trains again. Please!
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 7
  21. knutvarg88

knutvarg88 New Member

I juste have the same issue, "OUT OF MEMORY" Dresden / Riesa route (on xbox série X )... DTG really .... Its just not normal ... What ar you doing ??????????

• Like Like x 1
  22. anderson_301182

anderson_301182 Member

[QUOTE = "box215, post: 391923, member: 11231"] Não tive nenhuma falha ao fazer os cenários ou execuções do cronograma
    O único acidente que tive foi durante uma viagem de Brighton a Londres. Cheguei a London Vicotria, e caí
    Alguém mais teve apenas acidentes durante as viagens?
    Jogando na Série X [/ QUOTE]
    Tive o mesmo problema ao correr em um 387 saindo de Victoria e chegando em Brighton, assim que cheguei ao fim da plataforma.

23. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

I had my first game crash at clapham junction. 1 hour ago. Stopped at the station heading for victoria. Went to external camera. It froze and kicked me out to xbox series x dashboard. Not a mention of memory or anything.

I only had Battersea station then victoria to go. Bloody anoying. Now i got to do it all again. Gggrrr

24. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

Same, whenever I do a service, it usually crashes towards or just after Clapham Junction to the flyover, depending on the direction I am driving

• Like Like x 1
  25. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

Jeez. Do I buy the season ticket or not? I’m so concerned. I play on Xbox one S. Do I buy it and wait for the fix or do they turn round and say well actually it’s not fit for purpose’.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

They play on PS4pro, but I have similar problems. The worst part is that the game falls anywhere for me. I let the game run in Riese hbf, the game fell within 10 minutes. I was watching a video and no train passed there before the game crashed. The station was empty. There was no reason for the memory overflow. I hope maybe he'll fix it.

27. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

I would wait a couple of weeks

• Like Like x 1
  28. roggek

roggek Active Member

The simple fact that TSW 2 isn't really meant to be running on consoles...
    But that hasn't DTG realized yet.
    They still push TSW 2 to the limit and above...

London Commuter with over 1200 services (a ton of these services could be removed, we are running to Brighton here!, not to London Bridge, Bognor Regis etc. etc.), a forgotten "loco texture" standing in Selhurst depot (on what purpose?)) and a lot of flickering, bad cab textures in the 377 etc. etc.
    No wonder there are out of memory faults and crashes.
    Sometimes you have to choose between "realism" and performance.
    DTG choosed both...

29. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Your assuming dtg operates in the real world.maybe the lines between this world and the sim world have gotten abit blurred.

30. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Tsw isn't meant to be running on consoles huh? Nonsense, ok maybe gen8 is struggling but gen9 consoles shouldn't be, that's just poor optimising and programming by dtg. If flight SIM and other I tense games can run on my series s without a hitch, c'mon now,...

• Like Like x 1
  31. roggek

roggek Active Member

Yes, but MS has clearly stated that latest Flight simulator, isn't even capacble to run on gen 8 consoles. You even don't have the option to install it.

Something maybe DTG should consider, limit the game/DLCs depending on type of console ...
    Maybe Rush hour should only have been solely released for 9th generation of consoles (PS5 andthe XBox Series S/X), and not now for every console...

• Like Like x 3
  32. teide

teide Member

My point is that it doesn’t even run on XBox Series S which is supposed to be latest generation.

33. cafc4eva

cafc4eva New Member

Have DTG confirmed this is being looked in to? Failing that can we get a refund? 4 times I have attempted the first scenario now on series S and I'm still unable to complete it due to the game crashing at Brighton and kicking me back to the Xbox homescreen.

34. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Do you get kicked out at a specific point or trigger? On the first journey scenario I get kicked out but only when I've driven the entire run from Victoria to Brighton and opened the doors. As soon as the first passenger tries to board the train at Brighton the game locks and throws me out
    I don't mind as such because I'm still able to run timetable and scenarios but it does mean that journey mode is useless at the moment

35. neilwatson2007

neilwatson2007 Member

Did two services yesterday which was from London to Brighton and then the journey back, just loaded up now and went to do Victoria to Reigate and was out of memory just past Battersea.

I love this route but it needs a serious reduction in services or somehow needs something doing to it to allow the game to last longer on this route

• Like Like x 2
  36. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Series s userß. try play without sehs gwr layers on.
    Haven't got an out of memory crash and getting better fps.

I wonder if the the patches in the future will fix this so we can run with all layers without issues?

37. stevenwalker1985

I get a crash when i do 166 services. As soon as i open doors are redhill it freezes and boots me out. I manged 4 of them. Then the 5th service was like. Nope denied.

38. stevenwalker1985

As well as clapham junction also. Stop there open doors and booted. Not all the time, just twice so far.

39. roggek

roggek Active Member

I took a Brighton -Victoria GX train yesterday. (The service from Lovers Walk depot, where you uncouple and couple to a train in Brighton, to form a 12-car formation).

Beside from an upcoming irritating "white flickering band" on the right hand of my TV (probably telling me that the GPU is working over it's limits?) , i have no issues on my XBOX One S.

40. teide

teide Member

Was feeling smug yesterday on Xbox Series S when managed to complete Three Bridges to London Vic. Sadly next service (GX from Vic to Brighton) crashed out of memory 5 miles from Brighton