Xbox Texture Glitch

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ethan#3478, Aug 19, 2021.

1. NYIslanders0902

NYIslanders0902 Active Member

Yep, can’t forget about the Riesa-Dresden crashes lol.

2. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Tuesday patch maybe ?

:)

3. NYIslanders0902

Maybe

• Like Like x 1
  4. cjm#5741

cjm#5741 Member

Why Tuesday?!?

5. NYIslanders0902

Because I’m guessing that’s when patch updates usually come out

6. cjm#5741

cjm#5741 Member

Oh I got excited for a minute there

• Like Like x 1
  7. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

This killed the game for me, I spent more time than I would like to admit playing and downloaded a fair bit. Since the update 6 weeks ago I haven't had the game on once, the season pass was a waste of money and they keep releasing new routes onto a platform that's broken. I checked this feed just now to see if its worth going back and it's got the same posts it had 6 weeks ago, namely no fix in sight. Appalling.

• Like Like x 5
  8. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Same. Have played it once since this glitch was introduced. Better quality games out there until they decide to get around to fixing it. Snowrunner, Flight Sim, Subnautica all keeping me busy for now.

• Like Like x 4
  9. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Destinations are also all blurred on all UK Locos and Trains Class 101, 314 and Bakerloo Tube Stock.
    TrainSim-Matt is this finally be fixed this Week as promised and the inside Texture and graphics issues 94D45922-F44A-4AF6-9C45-44E828FB2E29.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

You shouldn't rejoice too soon. First see if something will be patched tomorrow

11. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

Reasonable expectations regarding dtg would be to wait for a fix before next summer update in the best case :)

• Like Like x 5
  12. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

It will not be coming tomorrow, according to JD the Tuesday update is not happening this week sounds like it will be Thursday when the new route comes out. And honestly it doesn't sound like the fix will be in the update this week.

They've been too busy getting London Commuter all set for release to deal with the Xbox issue. I think we will be lucky to get a fix before Halloween at this rate.

Also haven't they learned? The last time the update came out the day of a release it kinda blew up the matrix. Probably because on console the new route comes out at midnight and the patch is later in the day.

And it's odd that we are getting the Meissen branch but the Boston Commuter fixes are still nowhere to be seen. Even though the guy doing the Cantanery has said he was done and has been for a couple of weeks now.

We should not have to wait for download windows for updates to existing content that really does not make sense to your customers. We have already paid for the product we should be able to get any fixes for content we own as soon as it is done and QC'd like other games on the market.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  13. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DTG Updates really bad and not customer friendly
    I’m sick and tired with blurred textures inside the cab and that the Destinations blurred, plus broken graphics

• Like Like x 1
  14. ethan#3478

ethan#3478 Member

im really hoping its fixed the next update or shortly after brighton main line releases but i doubt ir

• Like Like x 2
  15. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

We should report the game to Microsoft then that they leave it broken after full 2 months.

• Like Like x 1
  16. nockwurst

Problem is we’re small potatoes. How many people really are taking the stance of buying no more DTG products until they fix the outstanding Xbox issues? Until it really hurts their pocket book it’s low priority. I’m sure they will fix it. Eventually.

17. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

To be honest i wouldn't even buy BML till they fix the issue imagine doing 70-80 with the texture quality of gta 3 on the gat exp.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Completely unnacaptable, all Xbox users should stop spening any more money till atleast the texture issues are fixed let alone the bloody sound issues.

• Like Like x 1
  19. bobbobberdd

We have probably the same problem that we had with Dresden. DTG says the update will come later than usual. The update only came about 3 hours later. Dresden was available for me at 10 a.m. (Germany)

20. bobbobberdd

I understand what you mean, but this can also backfire. Why should DTG fix something with which they do not earn money

• Like Like x 1
  21. bakedpotatos.jm

I haven't even bought the Season ticket yet but that was because I don't like purchasing something that was not completed. I'd like to know what I'm buying first.

But I haven't even played the game since the 20th of August. I tried about a week ago but the texture glitch was driving me bonkers after 5 minutes I stopped. So I've just been playing FlightSim, MLB the Show and Madden 22.

I'm glad Matt finally got his computer because I couldn't bear to watch the streams when he was on Xbox.

• Like Like x 4
  22. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Now he don’t care anymore about our Xbox community and let us alone broken and angry :D:(

23. torben.meyer1995

torben.meyer1995 New Member

Because they can get sued for this. Awful sounds are a different story but buggy features are not. Look at Nintendo with their joycons. It isn‘t much of a difference. They aren‘t doing this because they are nice, they technically have to. It is just legally technically complicated because you do not have a sales contract with DTG but with Sony or Microsoft or Steam.

• Like Like x 1
  24. NYIslanders0902

Then what’s in the update?

25. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

That's just inacceptable. DTG doesn't care about customers and their game should be banned from the microsoft store in its actual state. I don't see much difference with cyberpunk...

• Like Like x 2
  26. NYIslanders0902

Ahhh ok

27. bakedpotatos.jm

Thats because the 2nd attempt at a fix didn't work. So now they have to try a 3rd attempt. So probably still at least a month away for the fix.

Thanks for the update I will check back in about 3 weeks. Otherwise no point in watching the streams or reading the forums for a game I'm not going to play.

• Like Like x 1
  28. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I’m angry and tired to play with broken textures and graphics since 2 months!!!

• Like Like x 4
  29. A Big Chungus

A Big Chungus Active Member

No point in being angry about it.

30. NYIslanders0902

People have every right to be angry, so let him be what he wants

• Like Like x 3
  31. A Big Chungus

A Big Chungus Active Member

Well yeah, to be angry about a unfinished product is expected, but it will not really achieve anything in the long run will it, I think we've all learnt that by now. Just gotta ride it out.

32. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

I hope this time it's real, because this sort of thing like "a fix is coming, it won't be long", we heard that a lot of times for two months now...

• Like Like x 3
  33. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

To think that the increase in the rush hour bundle was to improve quality. What a joke. I haven't played tsw2 in a month because of this and i won't get Brighton mainline until this is fixed. I'm glad i didn't spend $40

34. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

+1 here. Not buying BML or anything else, until the texture glitch is fixed. Whenever that may be.

• Like Like x 3
  35. fl991r

fl991r Member

When 4.26 first came out I thought this texture thing was going to be an easy fix because it was so easy to identify and reproduce. Naively, I thought that there would be something in their system that refreshed at the same rate as the errors and they would be able to pinpoint it in hours. Seems like it's much more complicated than I anticipated, and it's kind of frustrating because I've been watching stream after stream of the Rush Hour routes in the interim and it's getting harder and harder to resist.

But yeah, I'm with these guys. Unless and until they can get this fixed, I can't justify buying any DLC at all.

• Like Like x 4
  36. wh1tw0rthlime

wh1tw0rthlime New Member

Yep you guessed it still no fix but don't worry 'it's coming' ....haha yeah sure. Anyway purchased the new london commuter dlc for xbox one x and I have to say its terrible. The optimisation is appalling, literally feels like 10 fps in some areas at low speed, and the textures glitch in the cab even at 40 mph means that I simply cannot read the speed or brake indicators. This is simply ridiculous now, they release train after train and game breaking problems like this don't get sorted. Oh and don't worry guys I have requested a full refund.

• Like Like x 5
  37. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

They really need to make a big step forward in term of optimization, QA politics and high priority bug fixing because otherwise I don't see things being ok for a long time...

• Like Like x 1
  38. cjm#5741

cjm#5741 Member

At least the texture glitch has been put up on the "rush hour after care" thread in the announcements section

• Like Like x 3
  39. fl991r

fl991r Member

There's going to be a "state of the game" stream next Tuesday, in which they'll hopefully address this problem at some level.

I hope that when the fix finally comes in, we're able to get an after action report from Matt as to what actually happened. I always enjoy the parts of the stream where he lifts the curtain a little and explains the problems. For example, when the passenger lights on a particular train were leaking into the cab and causing the cab to stay lit inside tunnels, he explained how the game actually uses layers to separate out the light sources, instead of actually putting walls in, in order to save memory. I think the explanation of this glitch will be most interesting and I truly hope he takes some time to tell us exactly what happened. At this point I think we deserve it, since we've been doing QA for two months now, and paying for the privilege! :)

• Like Like x 1
  40. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Looping Sound on Xbox is Just terrible as Graphics and Textures issues

• Like Like x 3
  41. NYIslanders0902

For real

• Like Like x 1
  42. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

But DTG don’t Care to fixed this for us.
    The experience is really bad for us

• Like Like x 2
  43. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

Honestly i could get over the sound bug because its just related to how the console processes their file but the texture bug drives me nuts didnt want to bother repurchasing the ticket to deal with heavy lag and ps2 textures. I really want the Cornwall local but cant see myself dealing with rush hour routes and all the problems going on.

44. box215

box215 Active Member

I'd like to point out the looping sound issue is definitely related to the Unreal engine
    Was playing Hell Let Loose the other day and guess what - a passing plane ending up doing the unmistakable sound loop. It was literally the same sound looping we have in TSW2

So it's not an issue just affecting TSW2 and since it's related to Unreal, hopefully they can work with Epic to figure out what's causing it. and soon!

• Like Like x 4
  45. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Cap and a half.

Firstly, don't say "us" as if you speak for all of us. Some of us are lucky enough not to experience some of the issues.

Secondly, fixes are in the works for the texture issues - sounds are something they are looking into.

As said by box215 above, it seems to be a UE thing.

Now whilst virtually every post I've ever seen from you is either full of anger, unjust comments towards devs (mostly 3rd party) or a total lie (there's other things I won't say out of respect and not wanting to ignore the rules), you have to have a little bit more patience.

Fixes don't just happen at the click of a finger, you know.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  46. nockwurst

9D9E09FD-42A6-4EEF-83E5-BA4840FFAB74.png
    Seems to be their motto a lot lately.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  48. NYIslanders0902

Yeah well, having a “bit more” patience is gonna make it worse, we’re still waiting ya know lol.

• Like Like x 1
  49. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Yeah, and we're all going to be waiting until a fix has been made, tested and shipped.

If there isn't any patience, things get worse for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  50. NYIslanders0902

Yeah idk lol