Cornwall Could We Sea Something Special Perhaps?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Oct 15, 2021.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Rivet games corrnwall route comning october 21,now i'm very aware that it will come with issuses but even so,it clearly and finally bringing the br 150/2 to train sim world 2 plus the chance to get the 37/5 with livery editor options and 2 new wagons.This might just be worth buying,rivet record abit mixed but this route just might be worth a chance.Will you buy it?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Well only a dumby would buy day one dlc after the summer debacle dtg had. Waiting to see game play and reviews , then if it's ok I'll pick it up

• Like Like x 8
  3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'll be letting all you eager beavers buy it first and waiting to see if Rivet plug all the holes you're bound to be picking in it! Maybe one for a sale - it's bound to be discounted by the time they resolve the current PS5 issues and add some trophies for it. :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I'll absolutely buy once I can

5. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Yes I’m definitely buying as Armstrong powerhouse done audio so will be good also it’s being a long time coming a sprinter in a trainsim works game plus is first sprinter on consoles and the oldy worldy signalling and signal boxes far more positive than I see negative plus 150 first train I’ve traveled on

6. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

It is a much quieter route which gives it an advantage over the Rush Hour routes which consoles in particular struggle with. Hopefully we won’t have the crashing issues. It just remains to be seen what it looks like and sounds like (with AP sounds, it should sound good).

Looking forward to the stream.

7. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

I'll certainly will be buying it when I can

8. Boris The Frog

Boris The Frog Active Member

I'm with you on this one because nice as it may well look it's still Rivet games. To be honest though it was an excellent stream this time around because both Matt and JD seemed to display a lot more authority when emphasising the importance of things being correct (instead of the usual 2 hours of "it's wonderful, buy it" we normally get) and did go as far as to seek assurances that Rivet's reputation wasn't going to carry forward into Cornwall. Matt did a great job continually showing off the route and his fault finding was this time met with a "that will get looked at" attitude (as opposed to the typical "we'll make a note of that and maybe get round to it" approach) but I was particularly impressed with JD who not only greeted the route with his usual brand of enthusiasm but also asked the right questions (in particularly the raising of post-release support) this time around.

The only thing of real concern was that whilst DTG did their bit to an exceptionally high standard the "small team", "should", "might" and "no promises" responses were still very much in evidence on the Rivet side off the fence...so that, along with the inescapable feeling they're only releasing a new Arosa patch because they have something else to sell didn't exactly fill me full of confidence they would indeed honour their side of the bargain should something serious crop with the new route.

So for that reason alone, much as I would like to get cracking with the Cornish countryside i'm going wait until i'm 100% sure things are as they should be.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  9. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

Is the title a pun?

10. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I had this one down to purchase as soon as it is released. Having seen the reviews and atrocious design have changed my mind and will now only purchase when it has been much improved. If not will wait until it is at least 40% off. Sorry DTG, but really this important scenic route should have been attempted by yourselves.

11. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Did you watch a different stream to me?

• Like Like x 3
  12. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

I’ll be buying it. It ticks a lot of boxes for me.