Official Brighton Commuter Bug Feedback

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Oct 7, 2021.

1. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Same here on PS4 Pro. It's just not enjoyable to drive. The weird thing is that the tutorial is rather smooth but once you start the journey or do a timetable the framerate is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 3
  2. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

What gets me is that this is the second fiasco in two Months in August we had the fiasco with th wrong files being upload now we have this to contend with do these people know what they are doing it gives cause for concerned & further to that they are not resolved with a sense of urgence either

• Like Like x 2
  3. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Agree . I’m concerned that the official thread on the Dresden bugs etc is over a month old but still nothing has been done

• Like Like x 1
  4. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

I am absolutely loving the route and the variety and scope of services is massive BUT I am going into each trip thinking “am I going to get to finish this?” Managed a Reigate to Victoria at 5pm-ish in the rain with no slow down or crash, then took the same service back via Clapham and East Croydon with no slowdown or crash but then had a system crash on the diverging line before Gatwick with no other services on screen and no advanced warning of slow down or anything…. This feels like Russian roulette!

the only thing I can think is that it’s a problem with a particular and relatively rare service somewhere….. class 43 layer, class 166?????

• Like Like x 6
  5. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Exactly this

6. kilroy126

kilroy126 Member

Yep. Waited and waited. No change on the brakes HUD. It’s another bug. So frustrating because it could be a really fun route.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  7. DaVeTheDaVer

DaVeTheDaVer Member

Yes i have the same problem

8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Same. You never know if you can finish what you’ve started which is deeply off putting to say the least. I should have done dozens of services by now, but have only done a small handful for this reason.

• Like Like x 3
  9. yambam#1598

yambam#1598 Member

Having played a few 377 and 387 services I have noticed to have more issues on 387 crashing the game than 377s (not had a 377 crash the game yet)

Just played journey mode chapter 1 1W30 London to Brighton and it crashed as I opened the doors at Brighton

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  10. pjwilson15

pjwilson15 Member

Hi! I'm on a base PS4 and thought I'd have a go at being a passenger.
    Well, got on a service at Victoria to go to Gatwick and the game shut down about 2 mins into the trip. The usual blue screen message!
    Gave it another go, this time to Brighton. Same issue.
    Maybe the ticket inspector got me! Lol!
    I do love this route though. Apart from this the only other issue I have encountered is the Fast Lane scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  11. phillipa#1949

Yes mainly it i had one indecent yesterday like you have pointed it was on the 387 the Quarry Line scenario it slow from the start starts to speed then crashes the 387 (gatwick express ) the Cab light fails to work when the X button is pressed
    Other Crashes that i have en counted over the Week-end after 9hrs play time

Br class 387 INTRODUCTION Crashes after about 10 minutes of game play (with out warning ) 8 car train
    Br class 375 East Croyden to Redhill Slows Down Missing Layers Loss of sound Slight pause in game play then crashes

Br class 166 Reigate to Redhill Crashed with out warning

Br class 377 London Victoria to Brighton with out warning

Apart from the Br Class 166 all crashes in the game have involved an 8 Car train another interesting thing i have discovered is that in Scenario Planner on BML allows you to use Trains that don,t run on it like the BR 395 & BR CLass 40 with MK2 coaches this add-on is littered with Bugs

Amended from earlier post

Reigate Station missing station board missing level crossing 377 blocking the path of the class 166 @ Reigate

DTG Please sort this out ASAP i will keep reporting the crashes to Sony until you do

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  12. yambam#1598

yambam#1598 Member

I believe you can have any trains run on the route via scenario planner as I have ran HSTs on the trans Pennine route

13. phillipa#1949

Arrg yes in off the rails you can but this is with out off the rails i do partly agree with you

14. chris_jwnr

chris_jwnr New Member

In this scenario I can stop at E Croydon, either on or just beyond the marker, then restart the train when instructed by the message apply power to get moving again. Problem is the apply power message remains, the scenario doesn't move on and ack I've just done what it instructed. Even several hundred yards along the line.

15. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Please be aware that it is more helpful to create separate topics for individual issues you are encountering on the Tech Reports forum than to create a single compilation thread, as these tend to turn into discussions making it far more difficult to track down all the user-reported information on a single topic. The intent of the thread is noble, but it's not as helpful as using tech reports.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's a bug but are there too many 187 units on the timetable at any one time? There are only 27 sets of 187/2s in real life, that's enough for 9x 12car formations.

From driving from one end of the route to the other there seems to be more than that plus there is always a spare 12 car set in Lovers Walk depot.

17. phillipa#1949

So the BML bug continues tonight for us PS5/4 Just asked MATT on there live stream tonight as to what DTG where doing about his caring words was this we are looking in to it Sounds like with that we could be waiting for ever after hearing that WE ARE LOOKING INTO IT what kind of an answer is that and we paid all that money just for it to crash next time i will waste on a couple of packets of cigarettes

18. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

Just tried to finish the first full run in journey mode on PS5, get to Brighton, open the doors, the game crashes.... I think I'm done.

19. subzero169

subzero169 Member

The 1MO3 17:46 Brighton to London Victoria is bugged. There's an AI train at London and it's completely stuck there meaning all the trains heading to London are jammed.

20. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

I don’t know why people are still trying to play the ps5 version when it’s been talked about much on here that it is broken and a crash fest.

play the PS4 version (on a PS5) if you want stability. I haven’t had a single crash. Textures aren’t as good sure, scenery pops in a lot and no layers, plus less trackside “clutter” but it works a hell of a lot better than the ps5 version. Frames are pretty good too. Even in the dreaded Victoria.

It’s pretty much the only compromise you’ll have for now, and tbh probably some time.

• Like Like x 3
  21. subzero169

subzero169 Member

This is for the PS4 version*

22. phillipa#1949

Good Morning/Afternoon

A UPDATE PATCH HAS JUST GONE LIVE FOR PS5 Time 12.00PM BST for BML

23. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

If on PS4 Pro or lower I wouldn't get all excited about the London Commuter improvements. Just a heads up

• Like Like x 1
  24. phillipa#1949

Yep its a short term fix but at least its more playable till they get the long term fix

• Like Like x 1
  25. DaveDavies

DaveDavies New Member

For some reason two of my timetabled trips registered as 'distance walked', rather than 'driven'.

26. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Game is still crashing on ps5 post patch.

CE-108255-1 error. You never fail to disappoint, DTG.

27. phillipa#1949

Is your PS5 version of software update ? if not you need to update otherwise it will crash regardless B/ This Patch only improve game Stability meaning its only a short term fix just be grateful for what they have done for us in the short term Because this Patch weighs in at a hefty 8.833 GB Meaning the long term fix maybe twice the size. It is Frustrating but at least they are Actually doing something about.
    Even i was very unconvinced that they where not doing anything about till i download the patch this morning its a Question of Seeing is Believing

28. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

what have they done about it ffs? It’s still crashing post update. The frames at Victoria are still appalling. Yes my ps5 is up to date. Stop trying to make excuse for shoddy work will ya!

• Like Like x 1
  29. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Be grateful that the inherently broken DLC that they launched last week is still broken and may remain so for some time? What exactly have they done for us? It should never have been released because beta testing would have shown that it isn’t fit to release as it is

• Like Like x 1
  30. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

CBA to start anything in the tech forum. So adding here just for erm….Fun?

1024/5D32
    London to Gatwick/then lane sidings.

Get to Gatwick, no mention to unlock doors, wait lock and carry on. Just a proceed to the sidings once the marker is met.

I am only moaning about this as it’s in journey mode, not one of the 100’s of timetable options.

thought testing would run the items in journey, not the auto checker they use for the zillion timetables to make sure nothing will crash (train crash not game crash)

31. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

Well after today patch the brighton route still crashes my ps5, so still a broken mess this game.

• Like Like x 1
  32. phillipa#1949

Sorry my sincere Apolgise to you yes it crashed again tonight only once must be incredible embarrassing for DTG only a week after it launch BML it crashing left right & center i see Tempers are beginning to fray

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  33. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Nah. They’re used to releasing disasters. Anyone remember the WCML London to Birmingham, what an utter mess that was when they released that on TS classic.

34. phillipa#1949

Yes INDEED Train Simulator is worse than this with terrible lag & a poor frame rate it looks more like a slide show missing lays through out DTG only published that though it was Developed by Just train s

I got WCML on train simulator freeze & crashes in total take about 4hrs to play i hope & pray it never makes it into Train sim world.
    Ever played there other IP fishing pro simulator thats bugged to the hills but DTG have got a severe problem on there hands with this after the first Fiasco back in August & only a week after launch do you reckon they port the TS version of the game which is causing it to crash? they are well known for there cheap copy past approach

35. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

I noticed that I had walked 52 miles.

• Like Like x 1
  36. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Nope. Train Sim classic is DTG’s. Just trains j
    TS classic is made by DTG. Just Trains just make DLC for it.

37. richardwwoodward

richardwwoodward Active Member

Yes, just got to Fast Lane myself and experienced the exact same issue. The time the scenario starts is 18:52 or something, but the expected arrival time at East Croydon is 10:41. The list of steps doesn't make sense either. This scenario is completely FUBAR'd

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  38. phillipa#1949

Either way TS is far worse than TSW2 the only way you can play TS lag free is with a 32gb Ram Gaming pc with a 4k MONITOR & that cost quite a bit of Money even then there is no guarantee i would hate to think what the console reproduction of TS would look like on the next gen consoles

39. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

I had the same happen last night (11/13) on my PS4 Pro, which I assume is post-update? It even says "Apply Power..", which makes it look as though it was mistakenly left in from a tutorial service or something. This is extremely frustrating when you don't follow message boards for bug reports and end up wasting half an hour trying to complete a scenario that can't be completed.

40. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As this has turned into a discussion rather than a place to report bugs (there is, as mentioned by myself and Sam, a place for that), I’ll add that after I’ve done 25 or so services on the route, I’ve found numerous scenery errors that show that the route is actually unfinished. I’m just wondering how much time will be spent finishing the scenery now that the route has been released. There would be no point reporting all the places where buildings follow the curves of the terrain rather than being levelled or where there are no textures on roads etc. as there are so many it would become the job of a paid tester or beta tester, which I am not.

I think it does need finishing though because it is now the flagship route for TSW. It looks like a lot of work though and that’s on top of other bugs which are probably more important because they affect the operation of the route and its stability. I’ve not been jotting down what service I’m about to drive just in case I get a crash, so can only report them if I remember what service I started when it does crash, but I might start doing that to help. I’ve had three crashes so far on PS5, the latest when I had rainy weather but I couldn’t remember the service number or even what time of day it was, and it was after the update. That’s 3 crashes out of 28 starts. I haven’t done any scenarios yet or touched journey mode so haven’t seen what state they are in to comment.

41. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

I have explored all stations on foot and many of them have issues with invisible walls in places they shouldn’t be, like in the middle of underpasses and overpasses. In effect you’ll often have to cross the tracks to reach the opposing platform. Then good luck not getting hit by one of the 1200 services.

42. EsherDemo

EsherDemo New Member

A floating "platform 4" sign, just to the left of p4 on Selhurst inbound London
    PS5

43. derailed#9363

derailed#9363 Member

I’ve experienced two crash issues with my PS4
    On foot at Brighton station with the fog weather on at 9:30 &16:30 it will crash one minute after one minute in to the game

44. phillipa#1949

West Cornwall is being released on Thursday but After BML Can we trust it ?.

After playing for hours Yesterday it seems the Brighton bug has Affected other routes GWR & Cathcart seem to be bugged any of you had a flickering white light whilst playing with a irritating beeping sound ? on the PS5 version

• Like Like x 2
  45. phillipa#1949

Warning to all of you who are considering buying West Cornwall after watching the preview stream yesterday afternoon Rivet Games admitted that there are some patch notes missing they also could not guarantee a fix by Launch so this could also be Bugged No HST layer either in West Cornwall just the 150/2 & the Br Class 35/7

• Like Like x 1
  46. phillipa#1949

Hi Again does anyone know the time of there Q & A stream Tuesday night in UST when the will be answering our Questions over the BML shambles

47. phillipa#1949

I would like to know why the file size of BML is down as 11.80gb on the PSN but installs at 6.13GB Does this mean that over 5.77GB is missing? JD was challenged over this in the West Cornwall stream JD was a little bit Sheepish in Answering it

48. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

Iv had to stop playing BML. As twice now I've done almost a whole route and right at the end it crashes. Literally an hour wasted. If you cant guarantee you will complete the route then it's a game breaker and unplayable, end of. I'm on PS5. I hope this is a priority. Its the best route in game but unplayable. It just sucks right now.

• Like Like x 1
  49. superkillieboy

superkillieboy Member

Game keeps crashing, AWS not sounding and aspects not as they should be when approaching diverging routes.

50. turbostar#4215

turbostar#4215 Active Member

Sounds on the 377 are utterly appalling, audio is tinny and canned from closing doors to sounding the horn its just very weak. At this juncture I would consider reusing audio from previous DLC. Anyone else think this is a step back from the East Coastway 377?