Brand New Passenger System?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ian1991, Oct 15, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. Just bigger numbers with same bugs.

35 vote(s)
    57.4%
  1. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, after playing the rush hour routes and looking back at other DLC, forgive me if I am wrong but wasnt rush hour sold with 'brand new passenger system'.?

Im almost certain it was said that passengers have had a complete overhaul with the look, movements, numbers and how they spawn etc but to me it just looks like theyve upped the number and added some clothes?

They still pile on a platform when you pull in but then stand there and do nothing.
    They still do not get on a train thats sat with its doors open for half hour at a major hub.
    And they still spawn out of thin air?

Am I missing something here or is this just pure genius advertisement again from DTG?

2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The RH passenger update did NOT affect passenger AI or movement animations. What it has done is increase the density, add more clothing varieties (and made them season-appropriate), and add little stationary tableaux of rail workers etc in various spots. They have also added passengers sitting on benches.

But to have them behave like something other than extras from The Walking Dead, we'll have to wait.

3. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

All routes recieved slightly updated AI (basically means they don't walk single file any more) and new animations (passengers now walk up/down steps properly, even if the animation is slightly janky IMO, rather than glide up/down them). The RH routes received increased numbers (bar Brighton atm), and new clothes. Sometimes newly spawned passengers will board a train already in the station, but often they won't and it's rather strange.
    So they've had something of an overhaul but it's not like they completely scrapped the old system and built a new, better, one from scratch.
    This has been a thing for a long time - I don't understand why this is still news to anyone.

4. Teflon490

Teflon490 Active Member

To me it seems it got worse overall - numbers have risen up, yes, but never before have I seen passengers disembark from the train and start piling up, doing nothing, blockin doors for others. After about ten seconds or so they start disappearing, one by one.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I really do wish they get the unload at terminus/final stop sorted. I'm still seeing passengers in sidings and not getting off at final station stops.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

What has been certainly done is upping the number and diversity of looks/cloths, and it is really nice and appreciated.
    But I wouldn't consider the system to be completely overhauled. On the new routes, there are so many stations where passengers leaving the train are just stuck in place, not moving toward an exit of the platform. On BML, there are crowds of passenger going down the platforms of the fast line, where no services stop, they shouldn't be there. In addition, people are literally walking on the edge of the platform, that is not a nice sight when going through a station at 90mph. On other stations, there are a couple of people when you arrive, but after 30s suddenly crowds of people are entering the platform. When that happens on BML with a train every 5 minutes, sure, but on Dresden for example with a train every hour that feels so weird, the crowds would be already ON the platform when the train arrives. That needs some serious tweaking, at the moment it is maybe 50:50 at best between pre-populated and spawning when you arrive, but it should be 98:2 or something (i.e. of the passengers joining the train, at least 98% of them should be at the platform when you arrive, and maybe one or two come up or down the stairs, but not as it is currently).
    I hope some more work and love to detail will be invested into this, because the updated looks are nice, but it needs much more work to be considered remotely realistic and a complete overhaul.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Which route? Not all routes have it.

8. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I left half a train full at lovers walk depot that forgot to get off at Gatwick. They’re still there most likely

9. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Is it just me that I don't care at all about passengers and even before were fine?

10. Oldcustard

Oldcustard Member

It can be a real immersion killer

• Like Like x 1
  11. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Not sure about this. I still see plenty of people wearing skimpy clothes in wintry and fall weather. We should be seeing a lot of parkas up around Boston.
    The only thing I'm really seeing is the increase in numbers. And not yet on BML.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  12. blazingsoup

blazingsoup Member

For me, the issue is that Riesa-Dresden has had my passengers all disappear. Platforms are all empty, and no one walks into or off the train, even though there are passengers that sit on the train...it’s stupid immersion breaking for a DLC that’s supposed to give you a feel for being at busy stations.