Class 483 Unuseable

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by VolvoB10M, Oct 16, 2021.

1. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

I just bought the latest version of the 483/Standard Stock but after first trying to use it the brakes will often randomly not work and causing SPADs and if I do manage to make it past Queens Park it just randomly derails. How am I supposed to use this? I also bought the 187 which is unusable because of the PZB going off at clear signals and there is still no way to get procedure & have the brakes released from the ROC.

2. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

If you are referring the 1938 stock, I bought it as well. It is working fine. Are you running the game with a DX12 flag or something?

• Like Like x 1
  3. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

I don't think I have DX12. I installed a backdated version of DX but it removed newer ones do I had to reobtain them, I could only get up to 11.

4. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

I also didn't seem to have a problem with the brakes in the 1938 stock. Silly question, but are you using the correct ones? The braking system is a little different to what we have on the 1972 stock. As for the derailment, that's also something I didn't experience. Are you sticking to the track limits?

5. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

There is only one sensibly useable brake handle on the 1938 stock, I wouldn't use the parking brake as a service brake so I am a bit confused as to what you mean by the correct brake. The brake as I find, is pretty much the same as the AP 205 pack in TS Classic with the EP first (which sometimes does not apply) then the train pipe which is fail safe that I end up having to use sometimes on the Standard stock.

The derailment occurred on the open section doing about 40 on a straight 45 section (down direction away from Queens Park).

I often find it hard to keep to time on the 1972 units, usually completing the route with 6 - 10 minutes despite driving as close to the speed limits as possible. Why don't TFL have any pathing allowances? I know there are people who don't mind holding up train services by standing in the doorways while the rest of their group catches up as I have witnessed this myself on other railway networks, and I would guess these kind of people probably appear on the Bakerloo line too.

6. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

How do I check if DX12 is on flag? I searched but everything requires coding by means of enacting a command line. I don't think I have DX12 installed but how do I check in case it was reinstalled during a Windows update?

7. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

In the launch settings for the game (go to Properties for the game in Steam), you'd add something like '-DX12' to force the game to start in DirectX 12.

8. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I have my problems with the sound, but all the functionality of the 483 and the 38stock is working well. Except the Uncouple Button, but i guess im doing something worng here.

To the Brakes:

The 38 Stock has the Positions EPmin to EPmax, and due possibility of fail, there is a second system integrated, called westinghouse. 2 notches after EPmax the Westinghouse is charging and you can see brakepressure on the bogie going up. With the "Westinghouse Hold" position 1 notch after EPmax, the system keeps the amount of pressure, this way you can regulate brakeforce.
    After the WestingHouse Charging Position there is the Emergency brakes, which releases the air in the trainpipe in a short amount of time to get full brakes.

By the Way the same system is in the 72 stock. There is a documentary about moorgate, there was mentioned that they had specific points to test the westinghouse brakes during daily service, it was even quite common to make brake tests.

9. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

I have the startup file remaining as whatever it is by default. I can't code so I can't change it. Would this mean DX12 is on?

It felt like there is a notch on the 38 stock. I have been using it the same way as the AP 205 and 411 where I keep it within the EP brake since it always worked on those unless switched off in the local MCB cabinet. With the 1938 stock I have found it will sometimes do nothing at all in EP max so I need to put it in emergency as there is no time to use the train pipe (red pipe) brakes.

10. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

DX12 is off by default, your PC is (almost certainly) capable of running it, but the game won't use it unless you set it as a startup option (-DX12) using the 'properties' for TSW2 on the Steam 'Library' page. If you haven't done that, you're running with DX11.