What This Signal At Dresden Neusdadt ?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JBViper, Oct 16, 2021.

1. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

I have a question about this signal at the head of the platform 2 at Dresden Neusdadt, direction Dresden Hbf.
    I don't understand its usefulness. Once I pass it, it turns off. I had understood that this is to announce a next signal not visible, but is this correct?
    Thank for your reply.

[​IMG]

2. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

It's basically a small platform signal which can only display 'clear to depart' when lit. It's most useful in situations where you can't see the main signal from where you're standing at the platform so then you at least know it has some sort of green aspect, even if it's not clear which one exactly ;)

This signal here is an older one as well, newer versions show a green circle instead.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JBViper

I understand better how it works. Thank JonnE :)

4. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

Check out an overview of various German signals in English here. (The one you asked about is in the "illuminated stuff" section.)

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  5. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

basically tehre is no information at all for any of the siganl and signage in the game at all as they decided we do not need to know hwat any of the signage or any other kind of indicator are in the documentation, as there is no documentation avaialable at all for the game, with the exception of the one on how to get the game started

6. JBViper

I had an English PDF document, but incomplete for this signal.
    Thank for the link, here it's in my favorites ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

To add what was said before, technically this is a signal for the guard and not the driver, in situations where the guard cannot see the aspect of the main signal. This is needed so that the guard does not close the doors and gets the train ready when there is a red signal and the train wouldn't be allowed to move :)

• Like Like x 3
  8. JBViper

Thanks for the precision.
    I noticed that this signal was only present in 2 stations on Nahverkehr Dresden, so only for some trains such as Intercity for example.

9. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I recalling there being one at Radebeul Ost, which even the driver needs to use because you can't see the main signal towards Dresden (at least in TSW). But these days they would be typically at larger stations where you have IC and ICE services, yes, since most if not all regional services are readied for departure ("Abfertigung" in German) by the driver (the "guards" are merely performing customer support and ticket checks these days).

• Like Like x 1
  10. JBViper

Thank Cramnor for all its details :)