State Of The Game Stream (fao Sam)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Oct 15, 2021.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Sam

Just an open question if I may. With Tuesdays stream is this effectively a briefing followed by roadmap or are there particular topics you have in mind you're welcoming questions on? Apologies if I've missed a post about this elsewhere (Pc discussion is the rock I tend to hide under.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

A "State of the Game" Stream concerns me as usually this sort of thing only happens when the game is broken, and despite the naysayers I dont think the game is broken at all. Maybe the limitation on PS with regards to trophys and DLC limits is game breaking but on PC at least theres definately been improvement with the last update with regards to stability and freezes.

Just hope this stream isnt bad news

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

As above, I don’t think the game is broken. But the Rush Hour Routes, particularly London Commuter, certainly have big issues. It crashes a lot on PS5, less so on PC, but still more than it should.

Add to that the ongoing PlayStation Issues and Xbox Sound problem. I think it’s right that they give an update on the current strategy for fixes as it seems to me quite a big task.

I don’t think it’s anything to worry about. I’m guessing this is something driven by Sam as he feels we ought to know.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I expect they will be going through the bigger problems people are experiencing - from memory the big ones seem to be
    • Playstation
      • Unable to have all DLC Playstation 5
      • No profile transfer from PS4 to PS5
    • UE Crash all platforms
    • Xbox
      • Poor Textures (although this might have been in Tuesdays update?)
      • Sounds
    • Time table issues
      • Boston - the day dies if you run it long enough going from service to service
      • Dresden - runs ok but its just not busy and there are some weird things
      • Brighton - missing people, missing dioramas, strange time table glitches
    I think I saw some people say their DLC vanish too but its not common and might just be the PS5 problem in the wrong part of the forum.

Paul

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Indeed. We are quite blissfully ignorant in PC land. The consoles have had it pretty rough since August.

Cheers

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

There is definately a quality difference between the PC and console versions (one look over the console sections make that pretty obvious).

I think this state of game Q&A will be largely devoted to the console issues and not owning a console myself I do not see any reason to tune in. I'm sure if there is anything PC specific it will get posted here anyway

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. chieflongshin

Agreed. Pc this is running really nice for me
    With my only issues being the occasional stuttering.

From what you read here the old consoles are a bag of nails and I think they have to keep the new tech players engaged and have been trying to resuscitate the gen 8 for too long, noble but unlikely sustainable.
    Incidentally I turned on my one x for its 6 monthly revival and tried ts2020 and comparatively to pc its crazy. I've no idea how that'd run a time table.

Let's be honest when was the last time you saw a PS4 or Xbox stream (gen8). I accept the player base may be a good chunk but at some
    Point you need to stop trying to bring it along as much.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

I have no issues running on PC, BML runs as smooth as anything, same with the Dresden route, don't really know about the American one as I don't really play that one but I see no reason why it shouldn't run ok.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Only really major item for me is the save game failing to restore properly. Matt acknowledged in another thread this needs significant tech/dev time to crack. That and I would like to see a proper user timetable/activity editor. Individual route and rolling stock warts I can take or leave, either take the counsel of others or play for 1hr 59 mins and refund if dissatisfied.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Only issue I have on PC with BML and Dresden is the stuttering, now if it was just visual it wouldn't bother me but what does my head in is the fact that it now cuts the sound out and it's really bloody annoying, especially travelling at high speed because the sound cuts out every 30 seconds or so, it doesn't tend to cut out in cab as bad though. The only time I had this issue before the update was the Class 395 on SEHS, hence I couldn't do passenger mode in that unless I had sound down and music on in background.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

We may dedicate almost a minute to the roadmap on the stream, but the roadmap article will be up as usual. This is to give Matt the opportunity to talk about where the game is right now and where it's heading given some of the problems that have arisen lately.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 7
  12. rober

rober Member

• Like Like x 2
  13. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I think it'll be more like the end of year Q&A they did last year, rather than the first half hour of the Epic preview stream, or the roadmap stream after the Hamburg release.

14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Do you not read all the forum to get interesting posts by the full range of the player base? I find the divide fascinating. I read all sections and there is sometimes a stark difference in the attitudes and outlook in the three sections but it isn’t universal. For bugs and issues the differences are obvious and for PC only things like Raildriver and mods there isn’t much need for me to know about them as a console player but for general posts about the game and trains I visit all three platform specific forums and there is both the different outlooks and a broader range of interesting topics to read.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I limit most of my activities to the PC subforum as that has been the de facto "General Discussion" area ever since the bespoke subforum was purged. Occasionally I will pop in to the PlayStation or Xbox subforums to see how things are going but I do not spend much time there, usually only if I see an interesting thread title. I suspect it is the same for most PC users: since the general discussions come to our subforum, there is not much reason to wander out. I have at least heard of the issues that consoles users are experiencing, but even then there are some that surprise me (like the DB BR 101 crashing DRA). However, I will say that I have been following the PS5 DLC/trophy limit saga for a bit of drama.

I agree! There are sometimes interesting topics in the PlayStation subforum that I will follow but for the most part I do not participate.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  16. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I read all the sub forums because many people like myself post in console sections even though they may be PC users and vice versa. It all depends on the subject matter. Plus the moderators post everywhere.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

I guess we all got our issues on every platform hehe I'm on Xbox series s and we got our share as mentioned above, textures, sound and out of memory crashes in Dresden and Brighton.
    Have a great day y'all

18. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

• For the future:
    • I hope the 187 issue can be adressed: Is DTG going to make sure that in future, a DLC with such an awfully bad quality is not going to be published, before some major issues (like broken Safety systems and - forgive me to mention it again - wrong sounds) are fixed?
    • Will we see more 3rd party developers in future? Is there anything explicitly to tell about that?
    • How is steam coming along? Will there be an article soon? Has DTG managed to build a good technical basis to develop steam or is the underlaying system in Simugraph still in development? Have some major issues with steam surfaced which makes the development even more intensive or is steam still within the internal development timeframe?
    • Are there any plans to get even more in contact with the community to help the development? For example by asking for (selfmade) pictures or sound recordings? Or by a public beta or something?
      • For the past/present:
    • Has the preserved crew changed the way of working through the DLCs? And will DTG fix anything which is published by 3rd party (looking at you, Skyhook) or will this be in the responsibility of the 3rd party?
    • Has anything siginificantly changed since Matt has more executive power?

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. chieflongshin

Some really good questions In there matinakbary and many I echo. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Can DTG give us an update on what they are doing to address the crashes to desktop that many PC using have been experiencing since the unreal upgrade.

Can they give the PC users some assurance that this issue is being looked into with the same urgency as the console problems.

• Like Like x 1
  21. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

How well is the Ram optimisation getting on?
    As routes get more detailed and complicated (layers, passenger numbers etc.) how difficult is it becoming to keep the older consoles viable?

Just thought, any chance of you developing an older range of passengers for older routes.
    Coats hats and caps with less vibrant colours.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021