Clinchfield Railroad - Greenbriar Turn - Part 7 - Red Lights Both Ways

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by iamblugames, Jun 15, 2021.

1. iamblugames

iamblugames New Member

Not able to finish this service on Clinchfield Railroad "Greenbriar Turn - Part 7" After dropping the caboose on the main line, and then dropping a few more coal cars. I get a red light making not allowing me to continue to the next checkpoint. After asking for clear signal. Signaler tells me there is a train on that section of track. Theres another train +5 miles ahead and when it finally arrives about 20mins later. That train is also stopped a red light coming the other direction. SO neither of us can move.

Attached Files:

2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

These problems are somewhat frequent on CRR depending on your playstyle. The dispatcher is very limited in how it handles single line operations. The only way to avoid such a problem is to work quickly and efficiently. While it is tempting to stay in free roam after a service to chain-link them, it is safest to return to menu and start every service from there so that you being slower than the AI doesn‘t accumulate as much.

3. iamblugames

iamblugames New Member

Thanks good to know!.. But In my case ran just under line speed up until this point

4. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

It‘s usually the switching that gets you. The AI is insanely fast at switching since it brakes perfectly, doesn‘t have to wait for brakes to release properly (in my experience at least) and so on. Looks to me like you just had some unfortunate timing so that the other train was allowed to go when it shouldn‘t have been. Try running the service again and being a little quicker. That usually fixes any issues :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Just tried this one again and got the "Mexican standoff" noted above. The issue I see is the AI dispatcher, there is no AI switching involved here, only by the player train, the dispatcher does not stop the AI train at the end of the siding prior to this happening. Once you do the setout at Carney, the dispatcher will not allow you back onto the main so you can re couple to your caboose. I sat there for about 10 - 15 minutes watching the AI train crawl north on the map until it got to the red opposite my location. I ran as fast and worked as fast as I was able and still can't finish this one.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  6. huddo

huddo New Member

There isn't time for all that walking. After stopping at Caney, just press the 3 key twice and be instantly transported to the caboose, using mouse and arrow keys to move around, the caboose can be uncoupled. Then press 1 to return to the cab. Same thing when uncoupling the 12 wagons in the loop, if you're quick enough the signal will be yellow not red and you can go pick up the caboose. When reversing to collect the caboose, there's a red light, contact signalman who will grant permission. I saw this solution on a forum somewhere and it works for me :)

7. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Echo the above. I had a couple of locked scenarios and you have to spank the trains through the checkpoints (not speeding) and just don't be too leisurely.

the 8 camera is your friend for uncoupling and the map screen for switching points. You'll be fine then

8. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Huddo, I have done all that you suggested above. I always use the '3' cam to uncouple and the dispatcher tells me the block is occupied so wait for a green, which of course, never comes and I ran right at the speed limits. The easy fix here, which I put in my ticket to DTG, is park that caboose up on the McClure line so the main is not blocked for the train coming.