Train Sim World 2: Post-rush Hour Q&a

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG Natster, Oct 15, 2021.

1. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

At this current point it seems the releases of dlc is faster than the releases of the fixes for said dlc, there's already a huge list of issues stacked for old and new routes. Is this viable on the long term?

• Like Like x 5
  2. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Going forward.

What have you learnt from releasing 3 routes with different scopes within a short time frame ?.

Will we see change going forward because so far a dlc releases and it's not in a good state. Will you dedicate more time to make sure projects going forward are what you expect to see from a completed add-on.

3. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

1. Will character dioramas and the rush hour passenger quantities ever be added to London Commuter?
    2. Are you confident the PS4 to PS5 save game transfer currently on the roadmap is achievable?
    3. Is it realistic to assume the London Commuter layers for last-gen will never be added?
    4. Are you confident of being able to get trophies back on playstation in the future?

• Like Like x 2
  4. deanmacgregor

deanmacgregor Active Member

Why have extra features that take up memory like layers been incorporated before tackling the overriding memory problem of trees and other scenery items only fully loading when the player can see them/popping in and why have we had a sky fresh out of a sega megadrive game for so long.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

It looks like the Skyhook DLC DB BR 187 has a lot of bugs. I refer to my post under Technical Reports, which contains the issues about AFB, LZB, PZB and some other struggles that many people report. What will happen to this DLC?

6. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

With all rush hour routes released, what are some things DTG plan to focus on next with their upcoming routes? Tilting trains? More improvements to weather? Even more improvements to rush hour passengers? What are some areas you guys want to see get improved or added to give the game more immersion?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Will the remaining ATC/ACSES issues be fixed on Boston?

• Like Like x 3
  8. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Missing BML and HMA-layers for PS4=>solutions:

- alternative smaller timetable on PS4?

or

- memory optimization?

DB BR 187:

In all scenarios the yards of SKA are filled with freight cars, but at timetable mode they are empty.
    => solution:

Could Adam's preserved crew add that like they did it with the WSR timetable with the Rush Hour Update?

• Like Like x 1
  9. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Northaamerica Safety systems:

Will we get them in all northamerican locos, that have them in real?

10. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Q1 - For the issues reported on PS5 with maximum DLC size and trophy limits, why were these not discovered earlier when the Sony software update was in Beta for several months? This was available before the PS5 version of TSW2 was even publicly released
    Q2 - Do the above mean that the current PS5 version will be dropped for a redesigned version?
    Q3 - Trophies are a core part of the game for many (I can't see myself buying further DLC without them). How confident are you that there is a solution and will they be retrofitted to West Cornwall etc if the situation is resolved?

• Like Like x 3
  11. ILied

ILied Active Member

From what I’ve heard from DTG, they were aware of the limitation, what took everybody by surprise was Sony suddenly switching it on.

12. ILied

ILied Active Member

Are Adam’s team able to retrofit layers from the newer routes to older routes where applicable? For example on HRR there are paths for ICE trains and with HMA we get the DB BR 406 which operates the services (although I’m aware it has its own issues) and on SKA getting the 423 from HMA as it runs on the route in real life.

• Like Like x 1
  13. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

My question is- along with everyone else I guess-

Is- Are you happy that we have literally no idea if we are going to reach the station without it crashing on us? Or if we pause and save game and then go again that the signals will be screwed?

I loved the enthusiasm for this series of games, but have they done more damage than good?

D

• Like Like x 1
  14. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

Whats going on with scenario planner 2.0 it seems like it's not moving on the road map

15. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

Are you happy with the balance between the work required to add new features to and keep older routes free of bugs introduced with core upgrades vs the benefits of the variety gained from being able to use then in layers for new routes?

Given that that the work required will only increase as more DLC is released, is the positive community feedback relating to the layering / substitutions on NDR and BML enough to make it worthwhile maintaining this model or is it likely some DLC (especially the preserved collecrion) will be dropped in future?

Does the additional revenue from users buying older routes for layering / substitution they may not have purchased otherwise offset the cost of maillntaining older routes enough for it to worthwhile?

16. cmadonna1998

cmadonna1998 Active Member

I thought of another question. I understand if this one takes the back burner in light of the recent quality control issues that people are (rightly) looking for answers on.

I wish to know how seriously suggestions on this forum are taken. Is the suggestion board frequently looked over by DTG? Are viable routes taken as serious suggestions? What routes and/or features have come out of the suggestion board, if any? I am sorry if this has been discussed before but I am relatively new to the forums. Basically, I want to know if reasonable ideas are examined for validity and seriously considered, or if DTG will do the routes they want and the suggestion forum is to keep us placated, letting us get our suggestions out but never really keeping an eye on them.

17. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

Along with ALL the issues mentioned above - DTG Live issues with Mastery are still ongoing on PS5 is there an update on this? It very rarely ever gets mentioned but is still a big issue of the simulator/game that doesn't work. Who at DTG live do we have to liase report these issues too?

18. merseyemu

merseyemu Member

Dovetail have answered this in other streams, there is no limit on Xbox I don’t know why you need them to confirm it again when they already have in multiple streams

19. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

Is the new UI and especially the performance of the menu being reviewed, due to its increased lagginess, I can count how long it takes to acknowledge that I've pressed "return to menu" after finishing a service. Same slow performance applies to navigating most of the menu.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

This one‘s specifically for Matt:
    What is the role of Adam‘s team now officially? The preservation crew was introduced to fix outstanding issues on older routes, but after Matt took over as executive producer, Adam mentioned now being focused on implementing new features. Can we now no longer expect bug fixes for preserved routes?

21. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

When will the fans of my PS4 Pro stop sounding like a jet plane that is about to depart when being only in the menu and the game being.idle?

22. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Thanks for taking my question but a simple one, and in my opinion basic.

Xbox series s user gen9

Will the memory be optimised across the board for consoles, specificaly for the 2 rush hour routes that are so prone to out of memory crashing making it unplayable?

And are you aware that the series s has a lower memory RAM than the ps5 and series x but you are treating it as just next gen? I'm worried in the future more out of memory issues for the series s. Can you ensure series s viability working state for BML and Brd routes?

Cheers.

23. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Is there a priority when it comes to bug fixing? For example the talent 2 on rapid transit has its pzb stuck on mode u for quite some time now which gameplay wise is a big issue, why does it take so long to fix things that affect gameplay?
    Other examples are, lzb not working properly on all locos, speedometer not working on f40, 182 not releasing doors when driven by ai,safety systems acting up on bpe, saving game messing up services/scenarios,...

Other games push out "hotfixes" regularly like for example assetto corsa competizione which is also an unreal engine based game across multiple platforms, what does tsw stop from hotfixes?

• Like Like x 1
  24. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

DTG Protagonist
    I watch streams on my iPad. Presumably, tonight face cams will be on the majority of the time. Would it be possible to put the face cam screens on the right hand side of the display. When watching on iPad, the YouTube chat runs down the left hand side and obscures the face cams if they’re positioned on that side of the display. Not a huge issue granted, but hopefully something you’ll consider :)

25. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Take it out of fullscreen and the chat is in a separate panel. Much more enjoyable and not so much of a problem in a chat only stream like this where you don’t need the screen full.

• Like Like x 2
  26. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Another question from me is what Trains will be included on the latest German route?

many thanks

27. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

143 and 612

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

DTG Protagonist Guys, I kindly ask you to activate the automatic subtitles on YT in today's broadcast so I can follow it, because I don't understand English and having the subtitles helps me a lot!!!

• Like Like x 1
  29. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  30. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

Can we hope for working GPR brake mode selectors being a standard in locomotives and cars in future releases (if they have them irl, obviously)?
    Can we hope for (especially freight) locomotives and cars released earlier being retrofitted with working GPR brake mode selectors eventually?

• Like Like x 1
  31. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Can someone point me in the direction of where I can access the live stream please. First timer

32. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  33. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

34. Bertil Persson

DB BR 187? Bug fixes? AFB and full throttle on first notch?

35. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot to DTG Protagonist and TrainSim-Matt for doing this stream today, asking the questions Sam is asking and for Matt to answer these things life, it was insightful and is really appreciated! I am looking forward to see these things come to fruition in the future.

36. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Is there any provision for translation of the game into Portuguese?

37. Bertil Persson

Are Skyhook aware of the AFB/throttle problem on the 187?