Automated Announcments For London Underground Trains

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by djgaming#7176, Oct 17, 2021.

1. djgaming#7176

djgaming#7176 Active Member

Hey everyone it would be great if we could have automated announcments on the london underground trains as I watched a video on youtube and it would make train sim world 2 absolutely fantastic on the London Underground plus I have seen PC modding do this so I think this would make things even cooler if there was on train announcments.

• Like Like x 3
  2. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

One big Problem ist the license

• Like Like x 1
  3. djgaming#7176

I do believe that Dovetail already have the licencing for the London Underground other wise the London Underground may not have been possible in Train Sim World 2

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

License is the big issue for that. If DTG has the license and by the way it's done by Emma Clarke which she must go to KentDTG studios. The German routes use Ingo Ruff something that the community would have wanted on RRO S8 Main Spessart Bahn Hamburg-Lübeck Riesa-Dresden Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen RE9

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

This licensing thing gets repeated every time this suggestion is made, and I've never seen a satisfactory answer (so apologies if one was made) to the point of how DTG are able to get licensing for everything on the tube bar announcements, and then what's changed at TfL that Aerosoft could get the rights a decade ago but DTG can't get them now?

Edit - and to refer to the above post, genuine technical question of whether the announcements have to be re-recorded or do they exist in file form that TfL could provide?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  6. djgaming#7176

Hopefully TFL Could provide some for the game.

7. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

It depends who has the rights to the audio - it might be the system provider rather than the TOC.

In any case it's a fairly minor thing compared with other things on DTGs plate. It's something they want to do, but there are higher priority things for them to do.

• Like Like x 1
  8. djgaming#7176

I agree with you there although a minor feature would not take long to do and it could be braught in a minor update later on.

9. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

How do you mean? As far as I know the entire Underground network is fully owned by LUL, which in turn is fully owned by TfL. I very much doubt that TfL have entered a contract making them pay royalties on station announcements.

• Like Like x 1
  10. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Depends - they might have bought in PIS system and the announcements are done by the PIS people (or by Voice Actors contracted by them) while TfL might own the hardware they only licence the software (as is common) - this is certainly the case on the mainline where the auto announcer voice changed when the PIS system was changed

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Well licencing is an issue but not impossible so this is feasible if they get or have the licencing