What Do People Think About Dovetail Marketing Going Foward To Be All Season Pack, And Future Ideas

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix, Oct 17, 2021.

1. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

This rush hour season packs that the team has come out, really makes the game worth investing, and i think they should continue adding more wonderful season packs as an option going forward in the future, while still letting other people have the choice to purchase them separately. When they make these packs, they should do the same as the rush hour pack such as including the trainset and 3 routes.

I think they should start doing season pack going forward, but I mean really good best demanding route, such as New York pack which has the newest route for NJT, Metro-North, and Amtrak Acela, or even Path train, but you get the point. Basically more season pack.

Another idea that they should do is I think they should start doing season pack going forward, but i mean really good best demanding route, such as New York pack which have the newest route for NJT, Metro-North, and Amtrak Acela, or even Path train, but you get the point. Basically more season pack. They should also start doing some holiday mission, where people do certain amounts of in-game mission to get really cool item that is theme towards that specific holiday such as new thanksgiving decal, or backdrop while in-game, and when is Christmas, there will have Decal target toward Christmas, and maybe new overall lay, when you load up the train in the time table.

• Like Like x 2
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I agree up to a point but it needs greater diversity. For the UK not another third rail London route but something like the Cardiff Valleys. We have the 150 now, well sort of, so throw in a 142 and maybe the 37 hauled peaks to/from Rhymney.
    For the US definitely a NYC Subway route.
    Germany maybe Berlin or how about replicating the U Bahn route from TS. That was pretty good.

Edit:
    And an essential pre-requisite going forward is... fix the wretched save game and give us more than one save slot too so we can have runs on various routes to resume, not just the latest.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

They have already (unless things change) announced a future season pass, Spirit Of Steam. Whether it follows the format of Rush Hour (both before it was announced to be a season pass and afterwards) or if it goes down a different route, we do not know.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Another could be a bundle of the 2 new US routes.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I like the idea, actually. I was very skeptical with Rush Hour, but despite the wobbly roll-out and some platform-specific issues and remaining bugs, I think these routes are all among TSW's best and absolutely delivered on the "rush hour" concept, and hopefully the improvements introduced by the RH routes (increased AI traffic, amazing BML timetable, improved night-lighting from DRA, etc) can be implemented across the game where appropriate.

I actually am a little contrary in that i like the idea of expanding the route network around existing hubs like London because layering adds so much to the immersion IMO. E.g. I'd love to be able to link up ECW, GWE, BML, SEHS, and BKL (plus additional new routes- i'm from the US so my knowledge of what's appropriate to link BML and SEHS, for example, is limited) and be able to spend a whole day going from Brighton or Reading all the way over to the other side of the capital with a run to Faversham, and then maybe ride the tube back to my fictional home at the end. Even if it couldn't be 100% seamless, that kind of experience really sets TSW apart for me. Other hubs could be NYC, Rhine-Ruhr part of Germany (apologies for my geographic failings), maybe use TVL or Glasgow for a northern UK hub?

Probably all too pie-in-the-sky but still.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

That would nice if they can be released along side of each other.

7. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

To be succinct , you won’t get 3 from one country as it alienates too many players. If they do another itscommercial sense to use their three biggest player bases collectively

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Price wise yes.....but....routes always have teething issues i get that and nothings perfect, however to release a 'rush hour' route without the passengers is a joke really. What I dont like is just the dis-honesty. We started out with its just a tick-box. Then it was we didnt have time to do the tick box, and now we all know its because of performance issues.

Personally I would much rather DTG/matt just came out and said look weve gone all out, rediculous traffic and longer route etc so we wont have passengers for a while until we tweak here and there. Theres still this notion of giving with one hand and taking with the other when it comes to the advertisement and promotion of the game. Sell something big and cut it short, whilst i understand its a business to make money just be honest and it all makes sense.

This all dates back to the launch on consoles saying it wont hold back PC users or what we can achieve with the game. Yet here we are rush hour is all released yet PC players havnt got a full version of london commuter because itll blow up consoles frames rates.

So frustrating, just be open and honest with your customers, treat them well and theyll treat you back and have more patience I called it in the first preview stream when it was said it was a tickbox, so obvious its performance related issues that cant be helped because they went above and beyond to try make this amazing route.

The season ticket is a good idea BUT it promotes unfinished DLC and adds pressure to the devs and creates havock so stick to what works.

• Like Like x 3
  9. fre

fre Active Member

I completely agree about linking routes together, the ‘easiest’ of the ones you mention would be the Bakerloo line to GWE, where instead of the usual loading screen for exiting one route, and reloading another, the transition could be rather more seamless. For example, the player could step into a lift on the Bakerloo platforms, press Y to snap their position (as if they were ‘sitting down’ in that lift), and then a static screen of a lift (elevator) door could be shown, with the doors only opening once BKL has closed and GWE has loaded, depositing the player on the concourse at Paddington. Though I study computer science, I’ve little understanding of the intricacies of how TSW has been developed, but this solution would ‘link’ the two routes through the form of a special loading screen, rather than physically connecting two entirely different maps. Any other locations this could work?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

From a consumer point of view these season ticket packs offer great value for money (3 routes for a little over the price of 1) but I could not see DTG doing it too often as they are losing quite a lot of $ from their normal route prices

I can definately see this as something done annually though esp with Steam on tbe horizon

• Like Like x 1
  11. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

More rush hour routes yes, season pass NO.

Better a full price route with 1 entirely new loco and new wagons included.

Yes the 387 is new, but for 39euro season pass there is just not much left. Of course in dresden there a many layers with all the addons, but no new loco in the main route.

Again, devs need to get paid. Rush hour season ticket was really cheap for what we got from dtg.

As a customer i want realistic, accurate quaility routes. The same ill expect from the rollling stock. They can even make content more expensive if its necessary to keep up quality top notch.

But in my opinion this "season pass" bundle is taking the wrong direction.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Season pass as a one off is fine but not as a regular occurrence.
    Don’t want to be locked into buying a route that’s of little interest.
    That should work for Dtg as they would get full price for each route.

I like Dresden and Brighton, but don’t think I would have purchased Boston.
    I find I rarely play it.

What I want from the game is more variety in routes.

That means not another repetitive German or British route with identical vehicles.

I’d even buy another reworking of Arosa at full price if they would fix those appalling mountains.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I don't mind it, but as I'm only interested in UK routes I'm only ever going to buy one route out of three anyway. For me at least, it's no different to buying any other route.

I would definitely be interested in loco bundles though, even just adding new 2 or 3 new subclasses of existing trains for a route would be appreciated in my opinion.

14. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I totally agree had there not been a rush hour bundle I'd have likely picked up Dresden and possible Boston, but no way would I have purchased London Commuter as British EMU's are all very samey IMO

15. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Train Simulator has had country-specific bundles for years (perhaps as long as I've been playing it). They used to have different 'editions' of the game to buy which swapped some or all of the base routes with one from that specific country. I remember buying the game for a crush - she never liked me before you ask - and I got the UK edition of TS2016, which for the same price as the normal game came with Weardale and Teesdale, the Chatham Main Line and perhaps the Riviera Line in the Fifties. I should have kept it for myself. More recently however the country-specific versions have been more expensive than the base game, and includes an extra route from that country. I like this approach less, as it means those who, for example, are only interested in British trains will be given for German and American trains they don't really care about, whereas before they'd get a UK-only package for the same price as the regular game. I could see both approaches coming to TSW, but I'd prefer it if there was a The Sims-style 'build a bundle' feature where you could pick any 3 or 4 DLCs (depending on how generous DTG are feeling) to start with, and pay the normal price of £24.99. If I was using the feature and buying TSW2, I'd replace the Bakerloo Line and Sand Patch Grade for DLCs I like more.

16. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

To be fair, the TS' [Country] Edition bundles were just like the Collector's Edition is on TSW, just with a UK Spin - with already existing DLCs, but if DTG turned round and said "Right, we're going to release a season pass with (for example) Chatham Mainline, Liverpool - Manchester & Edinburgh - Glasgow", that would buy German, American and any other groups behind the UK, wouldn't it?

I mean, I'm all for a UK Season Pass :D, but I think there are a few questions that do have to be asked first before we and DTG were to dive head-first into one.

17. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I think the difference is player base size. Let’s be honest ten years vs three. You could Chuck a train out that looked like a budgie on three Malaysian routes and someone would buy it on ts where as tsw2 we’re not there yet.

I’m fairly confident after rush hour that to grow this games following DTG are trying to put their arms round as many as possible which is why we had the three most common countries in rush hour and tsw2 supporting gen 8 consoles

Commercially I don’t see them saying we’ve got three connected, layered uk, German or US routes as a country pack and we’re giving up on the Xbox and ps4 8th gen potatoes for a year or two yet.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  18. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

you know that you can purchase the route separately for the rush hour as well right? Its just for those who want to purchase all three routes fast and save money, like what they did for the rush hour

19. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Didn't they base this rush hour for the post of what is the high demand routes that us fan would like to see? I think they might continue doing this way, by looking at the next three high demand route that people want to see. :)

20. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Since passenger-only routes do not appeal to me, I haven't gotten involved with this Rush Hour packaging at all. That said, the idea of packaging two or more routes at a discounted price strikes me as sensible as long as each route is also available separately. As someone has noted, DTG might lose some money through the discount; on the other hand, the multi-route packages might well sell better than the individual routes, thus making up the difference.

On the other hand, what would really appeal to me would be more packs similar to the BR Heavy Freight DLC.

• Like Like x 1