London Brighton Timetable Feedback Request

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Matt, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Once again, I know this is for service issues but thought it would be useful for others and DTG to compare. I've just played the above service.

I'm also playing PC / Steam.

Weather was October and Custom weather (full cloued cover).

DLC installed are all layers for London Commuter (except WSR) have nearly all DLC (except most US releases, LIRR and Boston Sprinter are the ones I do have).

Just played the above service, no issues whatsoever, an almost perfect score (except for stopping slightly short at Purley).

PC Specs;
    i7 9700k 8 core
    RTX 2080 Super
    32GB Ram
    2TB HDD
    480 GB SSD
    TSW installed on my SSD. All settings on Ultra playing in 4K. DX12 enabled, no engine.ini changes or mods installed.

Just so people don't think I'm blindly defending DTG:

Here is proof of the completion of service.
    20211012232631_1.jpg

And completion of 10 other services without any issue, happy to provide to others and DTG for testing purposes, if others having issues with the same service.

20211012232611_1.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Platform: PC Steam
    Loco: 387/2
    Date: October-Default Settings
    Service/Time: 1M31 8:42
    Issue Occurred: Just outside of London Station
    Detail: Stopped at light outside of London when it turned yellow started to apply power started to move when it crashed to the desktop.
    DLC: All

3. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

I too have now completed journey mode without a single issue. Yes I have a bit of stutter around Victoria. with the exception of 4K and DX12 my settings are the same as yours. i'm playing with a 1070Ti
    I7 6700K
    GTX 1070Ti
    16GB Ram
    1TB HDD

4. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Apologies if this has already been mentioned. Silent AWS on the Northbound approach to Clapham Junction. Had it on a variety of services but got a screen of this one. Screenshot (842).png

5. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Platform: PlayStation 4
    Loco / Cab: Class 377
    Service Name / Time: Journey mode, Chapter 4 service 1A49 Brighton to London Victoria.

Red light just before Clapham Junction.

6. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

What I've noticed (on PS5) is that if I save the game at regular intervals the chance of a crash decreases. Also, when loading a service at Victoria, I've left it for a minute before doing anything (opening doors, changing to external view) so everything can load in.

DTG Natster sorry for the tag, are you able to explain more about the "variety of updates to optimise memory on London Commuter" on today's update? Will this prevent crashes highlighted on this thread?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

After today's patch, Wivelsfield PIS now does report from Wivelsfield but the platforms are the wrong way around with Littlehampton-bound trains being reported on the Victoria-bound platform and vice versa.

8. tcmikaelsouza

9. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

10. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

Platform Xbox Series S
    Loco 377 8 car
    Weather settings Default
    Date October
    Service name 06:14 Littlehampton to Victoria
    Issue occurs roughly when: approach to Victoria, between Clapham junction and Victoria
    Details of issue: Post patch dispatcher issue, which results in conflicts between Battersea Park and Victoria, leading to lengthy hold up, been at a standstill for 15 minutes. Only affecting Gatwick Express and fast services though, trains with stop at Battersea Park seems unaffected.
    No point calling dispatcher as there are 4 trains ahead of the current train
    DLC installed roughly half
    Link to video none

11. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

The signal on the Down Slow line at Thornton Heath is hidden behind a wall and cannot be seen by the driver.
    20211013161501_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

387, everything on default settings

upload_2021-10-13_17-43-41.png

Heading up to Selhurst the AWS has triggered with no audible warning slamming brakes on stopping me just other side of signal.

13. Veryfatbloke

Veryfatbloke Member

Platform: PC Steam
    Loco: 387/2
    Date: October-Default Settings
    Service/Time: 1D32
    Issue Occurred: Just outside of Victoria Station
    Detail: A train leaving Victoria meets one coming into Victoria, leading to a log jam of trains heading in. The player service is unaffected and can be completed successfully.
    DLC: All

20211013205722_1.jpg 20211013205843_1.jpg 20211013205921_1.jpg

14. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Been there done that lol :)

Hentis

15. antony.henley

Possible Work around

So this happened to me again after the update (and yes its annoying , but I managed to complete itin Journey mode. Whilst at a a red light just outside Brighton I saved the game. Obviously on that run the game crashed. I then reloaded the save game in and went on towards brighton opened the doors and finished the Journey with out crashing. If you are willing to try it let us know how you get on.

Regards

Hentis

16. antony.henley

Nope thats at Stewarts Lane. The one at the Thameslink depot has been removed (PS5) in the latest update. I suspect the one at Selhurst what the guy posted the picture of has also been removed.

Regards

Hentis

17. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Did you notice any improvement since the update Hentis?

18. acela2163

acela2163 Well-Known Member

20211013183247_1.jpg
    Signal Behind a wall at Thornton Heath
    20211013183250_1.jpg
    Broken PIS on platform 5 at South Croydon
    20211013183720_1.jpg

19. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Platform: PC (Steam)
    Loco: Class 66
    Service: 7V00 Aggregate (northbound)

The end of this service is another bloody SPAD trap: an on-or-over stop marker less than ten yards from a red signal. Seriously, those on-or-overs need to be taken away from the service designers' toolbox and never used again. All stop points should be the "within X yards" sort found at platform stops.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Platform: PS5
    Loco / Cab: Class 387
    Weather Settings: Preset
    Date : Preset
    Service Name / Time : 1W98 in journey mode
    Detail of Issue: Held at red light with services stopped ahead towards Brighton. On the map there's a service at Wivlesfield not moving even though it has a yellow light.
    How many other DLC do you have installed:
    GWE, SEHS, class 465, ECW, NTP, WSR

21. JayTG123

JayTG123 Active Member

Have the Rush Hour passengers not been turned on, despite the small update yesterday?

22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Platform: PS5 - all layers for the route active
    Loco / Cab: Class 377 - 4 cars
    Weather Settings: Default
    Date: Default (October)
    Service Name / Time: service 1R26 London Victoria to Reigate 11.37 - accessed from Timetable menu.
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service: 43 minutes in, at 12.22 game time and ongoing…

Issue: I am held at a red signal (RG 23) approaching the final stop at Reigate because a Class 166 (with AI driver) is occupying the platform (Platform 2) with the passenger doors open. The 166 never departs, and throughout the PIS on Reigate station shows my service as the first service in and on time. The signal for the 166 is a single yellow.

I have lots of DLC installed (up to the current PS5 limit).

23. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Platform: Steam
    Weather Settings: Default
    Date : October
    Service Name / Time : 1W30 Victoria to Brighton - Journey Mode

Just tried this journey mode service again after the update, same issue as before. Run the complete route but as soon as passengers touch the train interior at Brighton the game locks and dumps out with a UE error screen.

I don't have mods, have all UK DLC, Sand Patch and Koln

24. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Just replayed this journey and completed it. I think my regular saving of the game (which has helped combat crashes before) mucked up with the timetable somehow. There's no method to this madness

25. antony.henley

A bit. But still got a random crash when I started a couple if services.

Hentis

26. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

27. simon_fielding

simon_fielding Well-Known Member

Platform: Xbox One
    Loco / Cab: Class 377/4 SN - 12 Car
    Weather Settings: Light Clouds
    Date : January
    Service Name / Time : 1C25 Southampton Central & Bognor Regis - London Victoria at 11:23
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : Unknown
    Detail of Issue: I was driving out of Clapham Junction and when I was about 1.9 miles until London Victoria it crashed and went back to the Xbox Home Screen. I didn’t go on the external camera and I just stayed still in the cab (because this happens often).
    How many other DLC do you have installed: London Commuter, Cathcart Circle Line, LGV Méditerranée, Southeastern High Speed, Sand Patch Grade, Schnellfahstrecke Koln - Aachen, Bakerloo Line, East Coastway, Tees Valley Line, Northern Transpennine, West Somerset Railway, Great Western Express, Long Island Rail Road, Main Spessart Bahn, Diesel Legends, Class 33, Class 52, Class 31, Class 20, BR Heavy Freight and Class 465.

28. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Sometimes on a freight run such as in tvl I’ll be stopped at a signal for an oncoming train, but cannot proceed until I reach 1m from the signal. Please extend the distance allowance so that I can slow down and creep up realistically.

• Like Like x 1
  29. tcmikaelsouza

PS4
    Journey Mode
    Another red light situation caused by a cascade effect, in this service, due to my carelessness, I went through a red light, restarted from a saved game, and on the way I found a red light caused by the train on the side, which in turn was also stuck in another red light, here the transmission that shows what happened, emphasize the final ten minutes for analysis

https://www.twitch.tv/mksbroadcast/v/1177268839?sr=a&t=2s

30. solicitr

The bollixed save system is almost guaranteed to tie the dispatcher into a knot. That problem goes far beyond route timetable design.

• Like Like x 2
  31. cunnah#2838

cunnah#2838 New Member

AWS sound issues not just confined to Victoria. I can do a run from Victoria to Brighton and get half a dozen aws yellows but no sound but not always same places.

32. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Loco / Cab: 387 12 Car
    Weather Settings: [Default]
    Service Name / Time : 1M35 - Brighton to Victoria
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : 57 Mins right at the end
    Detail of Issue: Unreal Engine Crash as soon as I hit open doors at Victoria. I had previously played a London to Brighton and Brighton to London successfully.
    How many other DLC do you have installed: All except Cane Creak, DB 187, 1938 Stock
    Additional Info: Using Raildriver.

EDIT : Tried exactly the same service on PS5. Crashed in exactly the same place as soon as the doors opened and threw me out of the game. However this time, I had saved just outside Victoria before the crash. Reloading, I stopped short of the stop marker instead of on it. The run finished successfully and showed up as complete in the Timetable.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  33. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Your advice on saving the game regularly was a big help, I've not used the save function in ages as it never worked properly after the replay on other routes, but on this route it works for me. Last night I was on a Brighton to Victoria service and I got an out of memory issue after more than an hour of driving between Clapham Junction and Battersea - after regularly saving I managed to complete. After a week since launch, it's the first time I have managed to drive the full route in one go.

• Like Like x 1
  34. solicitr

I'm not sure if it's actually the act of saving that helps, or simply going to the pause screen now and then. It may be that some crashes are caused by the game not being able to unload used tiles and assets out of RAM fast enough (it does this on idle, and there's precious little of this in the RH routes), and pausing gives it a chance to catch up.

35. cunnah#2838

cunnah#2838 New Member

Doing journey mode 1M03 approx 21 miles from Victoria keep getting signal failure train derailed even though signal is green and not going over points. Have tried numerous times but same result.

36. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

Platform Xbox Series S
    Loco 377, 4 car
    Weather settings Default
    Date October
    Service name 06:29 Reigate to London Victoria
    Issue occurred roughly when Between Battersea Park and the bridge over the Thames
    Detail of crash out of memory error with only one train visible, Gatwick Express approaching the affected train
    DLC installed see previous posts

37. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Weather Settings: Default Journey Mode
    Date : Default Journey mode (chapter 6)
    Service Name / Time : 1H92 LV to Eastbourne - Crashed to Desktop within a minute of starting whilst loading passengers at Victoria. This happened twice in a row. On third attempt (doing nothing different) it worked fine. I am beginning to think there is something wrong with new passengers that is causing these random new crashes if a particular set of circumstances occur.
    DLC - ALL

On third attempt windscreen wiper stopped working whilst approaching Gatwick and would not respond to either key presses or cab switch

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  38. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Well, I thought I'd spend a nice, stress-free afternoon on London Commuter - that didn't work out too well in the end frustratingly. :mad: After four times of being unable to complete a service I gave up and switched off. This game is really testing my patience now, all I want is a workable game - that's not too hard to ask is it?! :|

Platform: XB1
    Loco / Cab: 4-car 377
    Weather Settings: Light Cloud, bit of wind
    Service Name / Time : 1R40/1507 and 1R48/1707 - Both Victoria-Reigate
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : Less than five minutes for both.
    Detail of Issue: Both services suffered multiple crashes all exactly at the same point, on the curve after passing Batersea and roughly 1.0-1.2 miles from Clapham Junction. I tried 1R40 twice in a row and the same happened, only had the patience for it to crash once at the same point on 1R48. As others have said, I've been saving the game frequently, so if any game crashes occur I can reload the game - this didn't work out too well either. On 1R40, twice I reloaded a save game and, while it did not crash, I got as far as Selhurst before loads of reds were holding all the trains around here and the East Croydon area - not sure if this was a result of reloading a saved game or whether this would have happened anyway regardless of my earlier game crash. I'v yet to complete a Victoria-Reigate service since London Commuter launched as there always seems to be problems with it.
    How many other DLC do you have installed: I had roughly 28 DLC installed, but after some lag and stutter after London Commuter launched, I uninstalled everything - since then I have reinstalled Great Western, Isle of Wight and East Coastway, plus Koln, Sandpatch and Bakerloo.

Well, after all the problems with the Reigate services, I thought I'd try a Victoria-Southampton Central and Bognor Regis service, quite frankly I gave up with TSW 2 today after this didn't work either. :(

Platform: XB1
    Loco / Cab: 8-car 377
    Weather Settings: Light Rain, mostly cloud (but not completely)
    Service Name / Time : 1J50/1734 - Victoria-Southampton Central and Bognor Regis
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : Les than five minutes after starting.
    Detail of Issue: This time, rather than the game crashing and exiting (see above) I had an out of memory error - no surprise this was exactly the same place as the Reigate service issue, roughly 1.2-1.0 miles from Clapham Junction on the curve down from Battersea.
    How many other DLC do you have installed: See above.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  39. trixsterdo#1074

trixsterdo#1074 New Member

Hi Matt. Issue with game crashing at Brighton station
    Loco / Cab: 387/2
    Weather Settings: [Default]
    Date : 14 Jul 2019
    Service Name / Time : 1W30 London Victoria to Brighton
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : At destination (Brighton station)
    Detail of Issue: When opening doors, Unreal Engine Crash message and game closes. Crash Log attached
    How many other DLC do you have installed: 19
    Link to a video: [Super helpful if you have it, dont worry if not]

Attached Files:

40. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Regarding the tip of saving regular on the PS 5 earlier. This actually does kind of work it I still got the crash but the save game did let it finish. 387 Service 1M35 - Brighton to Victoria crashes for me every time (on PS5 and PC) as soon as I open the doors at Victoria. So I did some trial runs on the PS5 to see if there was a way to complete the run.

Run 1 - No Saves, No Pause Screen - Crashed
    Run 2 - Pause every 5 minutes for 2 minutes - Crashed
    Run 3 - Save just before Gatwick and Save again just on the run in to Victoria - Game still crashed but reloading it then finished.

That's 3 hours of my life I won't get back but at least I got a gold medal and never have to do it again! (I was doing other things while driving the train so not a complete waste of time) It was a good route learning experience.

Maybe I'll try the same on PC and see if it works on that as well.

41. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

-------------------
    Loco / Cab: Class 166 GWR
    Weather Settings: [Default] - Light Cloudy
    Date May
    Service Name / Time : 5V01
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : [mins, if known] Start
    Detail of Issue: The Train derails the Ground signal gives a Clear Aspect but one of the Junctions is against the the train.
    How many other DLC do you have installed: All UK DLC and Season Pass Routes
    Link to a video: [Super helpful if you have it, dont worry if not]
    --------------------

42. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

Service 1F96: Missing Gatwick Airport stop booked platform 7 Arrive 18:18:30 Depart 18:20:00

Service 1D00/5D00 - Should cross to the slow line at the start (Battersea Pier Junction) then run slow all the way to Gatwick (Via East Croydon plat 5 and South Croydon plat 4. Rather than fast to Gatwick which makes me arrive 15 minutes early.

Service 1U05 - Runs fast Gatwick to Earlswood then down the Redhill lines and back to the fast line at Stoats Nest Junction to Victoria.

Service 1W14 - Should stop Gatwick Airport platform 7 rather than 5. (Not a major issue).

Service 1M97 - This train calls additionally at Haywards Heath platform 3 arrives 08:09:30 departs 08:11:00. It then arrives at Gatwick Airport platform 4 at 08:23:00 and departs 08:28:30. The path is correct for this service.

MISSING 1TXX services - Three Bridges, Gatwick, Horley, (via Redhill), Purley, East Croydon, Clapham Junction (Slow), London Victoria. They are peak time divisions to the 1RXX services. Evening 1R44 to 1R54 have divisions that run to Gatwick as 1T44 to 1T54.

1T98 - 04:35 Victoria to Gatwick Airport - VIC (15)[d 04:35], CLJ (15)[a 04:41:30, d 04:42:30], SRS (1)[d 04:53:30], ECR (5)[a 04:56:30, d 04:57:30], PUR (4)[a 05:03], CDS [d 05:06:30], MHM [d 05:12], RDH (3)[a 05:15:30, d 05:17], HOR (2)[d 04:56:30], GTW (2)[a 04:58]

^This is an example of an interesting service that runs the slow line all the way to Gatwick, currently something that no other service does.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  43. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Weather Settings: [Default] - Light Cloudy
    Date October
    Service Name / Time : 2B25 Sutton to London Victoria 09:00am
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : [mins, if known] Start
    Detail of Issue: The Rear starts with the rear coupling door closed. As viewed from camera 2. Change to Camera 3 and the rear door is now open and locked. It cannot be closed.
    How many other DLC do you have installed: All UK DLC and Season Pass Routes
    Link to a video: [Super helpful if you have it, dont worry if not] 20211017115806_1.jpg

44. mmx95

mmx95 New Member

PC
    East Croydon - platform 1: wrong length of the gap between train x platform

Attached Files:

45. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Platform: Steam PC
    Weather Settings: Not related
    Date : Not related
    Service Name / Time : 5U21 Lowers Walk Depot to Brighton (Part 2)
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : towards the end of the service, just outside Brighton Station
    Detail of Issue: Train is stuck indefinitely at red signal roughly 500 yards outside Brighton Station
    How many other DLC do you have installed: Don't know exactly. A lot
    Link to a video: I don't have a video, but a picture I'm going to show below

[​IMG][/url]

As you can see there's another train in Brighton station in the same track I'm supposed to go, so I'm stuck

46. tcmikaelsouza

Good Morning Friends, in this video I can demonstrate a little of what seems to cause trains to lock up, causing congestion, it turns out that this train apparently shuts down, when I go to it, and turn on the master switch, and turn the reverser forward, the train apparently restarts and continues its journey, the video cut at the end as the game broke, watch and hope this is useful.

[edit by Protagonist - please do not tag members of staff]

https://www.twitch.tv/mksbroadcast/v/1179294194?sr=a&t=3214s

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2021
  47. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Platform: PS5
    Weather Settings: Preset
    Date : Preset
    Service Name / Time : Slow Way Home - journey mode
    Detail of Issue: Random crash whilst driving towards Wandsworth Common
    How many other DLC do you have installed:
    GWE, SEHS, class 465, ECW, NTP, WSR.

Just run this again with no issues

48. kiwiprofessor

kiwiprofessor New Member

Platform: Steam PC
    Loco / Cab: Class 387/2
    Weather Settings: Not related
    Date : Not related
    Service Name / Time : 1W30 8.41 Gatwick Express London Victoria to Brighton
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : right at end of the service stopped at Brighton Station when opening the doors
    Detail of Issue: Game crashed and went back to the journey launch screen without leaving a record of the trip
    How many other DLC do you have installed: 10

49. cunnah#2838

cunnah#2838 New Member

Platform ps5
    Weather default.
    Class 387
    Timetable 1m31
    Stuck at red 20 miles from Victoria. Arrival time come and gone. As I have had various red light issues and most have been fixed by going to the train ahead that is in the station opening and closing the doors it seems logical that the train stopped in the station does not have the unload/load passengers instruction therefore resulting in that train just sitting there and not able to move on.

50. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

Iv had to stop playing it. As twice now in 2 days iv done almost a whole route and right at the end it crashes. Literally an hour each time wasted. If you cant guarantee you will complete the route then it's a game breaker and unplayable, end of. I'm on PS5. I hope this is a priority. Its the best route in game but unplayable. It just sucks right now.

• Like Like x 1