London Commuter - Update Forecast?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tcmikaelsouza, Oct 11, 2021.

1. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I am glad things are bing worked on. London Commuter will take a while before I will play it as it is still laggy on PS4 Pro. I can finally return back to the HRR route and start playing with the BR 101 that all that matters for me. My problems are fixed (for a few hours). I'll be back tomorrow to complain about the other routes :D

• Like Like x 2
  2. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

The last time it has crashed on me where it goes onto the blue screen was on the day of release when doing a scenario but I have been doing timetabled mode since I know it works.

3. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

According to the update history, and the patch report, there were four updates, however none of them fixed the main problems in BML, Internal sound of locomotives, and red lights caused by stuck AI trains. I would like to know from DTG if there is any status of these most glaring fixes, and how complex these fixes are to implement?

• Like Like x 1
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

It’s mitigated some of the performance and stability issues, which to me are the most glaring.

The sound and dispatcher aren’t really a problem when the game crashes before you can get to those issues.

They are important issues, yes, but saying that the patch hasn’t addressed the most ‘glaring’ problems would be incorrect.

5. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey - as I think I mentioned earlier in the thread, the changes we were able to get in for this week were relatively minor - quick wins to memory usage we could get tested in a short space of time. The larger, more impactful changes will likely require more information, investigation, and testing, so I can't give a timeframe on them, except to say that the team are working on them.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  6. tcmikaelsouza

Hi DTG JD , thanks so much for the feedback. I assumed that soon these more salient issues were easy to resolve, like the sound of the cabin, but apparently they are not. We remain waiting, confident in your work, whatever you need from me, count on me.

7. tcmikaelsouza

Hi, sorry CK95 , it's that for me, particularly, the most glaring (urgent) problems of BML are the AI trains causing red lights in sequence and the sound of the cabin internally, the paleative solution for me to enjoy the route a little better is to put the Inner camera at the front of the cabin so I can hear better. Then at my lunch break the impacts of these new updates.

• Like Like x 1
  8. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

Not defending them at all, but do you remember last time they pushed back a release 2 days and there was uproar from the community?

No? I thought not.
    But many posts on the forum were abusive, rude and some were even mildly threatening.
    Somebody even suggested turning up at DTG hq as a group.

DTG are danmed if they do and damned if they don't.

It's not on to release a "broken" route, however surely even you can see how many player say it is fine for them, whisky others can't even finish a single trip?
    Now imagine how that can slip through the QA net, ranging from fine to unplayable?

The issue is how big the game has become, meaning how many platforms and the different combinations of hardware.
    Even the different combinations of DLC that somebody owns might cause a particular release to act differently for example.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I can confirm that the 101 is present and seems to be behaving correctly on PS5. Just driven it from Köln to Dresden with no issues.

And I was very pleased to have picked up two trophies during the journey!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. morph147

morph147 Active Member

I think this right here is one of the reasons I do support the idea of them exploring all of the game being downloaded onto the system instead of piece meal. If all of it is downloaded, then the different combination of dlc no longer is a factor. The one down side to this is hard drive space and will something else break because of it.

11. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

I can feel a much smoother performance from the recent update but London Victoria station hasn’t appeared to be fixed as it is still quite laggy but it is not as bad when this route was first released. Would that fall under a minor or major update? Has this issue been addressed with DTG, if so, when do you think this will get fixed?

12. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi
    Even with the patch today i cant play BML because when i start a scenario my ps5 freeze and i have to force shutdown my ps5.

• Like Like x 1
  13. evolutionsound246

evolutionsound246 New Member

Wishful thinking, still experiencing stuck A.I trains in journey mode

14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Boston should be done before that. Of the three, Boston most requires fixing, because the safety systems are completely bolloxed and the route is effectively undrivable with them on.

• Like Like x 1
  15. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

…..and the speed gauges have disappeared…. And readville still has timetable and spawning issues…. And the loop gives you emergency braking constantly…. And….and….and…. Etc

• Like Like x 6
  16. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Agree , I did correct myself somewhere on here . There are so many problems that I lose track

• Like Like x 2
  17. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Still no response to my simple question, by anyone from DTG. The silence is deafening and speaks volumes about DTG and their customer care. It’s a week today since this mess was released, surely by now someone senior from Dovetail should have came on here to make an honest statement about what happened, what they will do about it, and how they’ll ensure it will not happen again. Along with an apology.

Instead they choose to ignore my straightforward question….

• Like Like x 1
  18. tcmikaelsouza

DTG JD ,Good morning, I know you answered many questions here in this forum, but you have an answer to our friend's question here, do you have an idea of what happened to have so many complications in Rush Hour, and more specifically in LBN?

19. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

It would do absolutely no good at all. You've heard it before and frankly, you wouldn't believe it. We'd have a queue of people eagerly posting about how much they didn't believe it. We've acknowledged the problems the game has repeatedly, and in every case that's all we can do until such a time as fixes are made. And they will be made.

Between Nat and JD, every concern raised has been responded to even though the "we hear you and this feedback has been passed on" responses are met with increasing amounts of derision - as well they might. Until there's some tangible improvements, such as yesterday's update, words carry increasingly less value. The only thing that matters right now is that we fix the problems, and that's something that will take weeks to accomplish, if not longer.

We're not happy with the current state of the game, particularly on console but positive-sounding statements won't do you any favours as a player. Fixes will.

We're replacing the roadmap stream next Tuesday with a Q&A about where the game is, and where it's going. That's an ideal venue to ask these kinds of questions.

• Like Like x 15
    • Helpful Helpful x 6
  20. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Thanks Sam.

21. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Thanks Sam . I’m sure we all eagerly await next Tuesday .

22. tcmikaelsouza

DTG Protagonist Thanks for your feedback, I recognize that there were visible errors in Rush Hour lines, however it would be hypocritical of me not to recognize the enormous effort and dedication you have had to make these lines with quality and correct the flaws quickly, and getting the feedback of the community. A friend of mine bought a newly released bus simulator, and he told me about the various bugs it has, and no sign of the developer of this game about the fix and everything. DTG is the first I see that has this entire gaming ecosystem, from forum for player interaction, troubleshooting center, periodic game fixes, so congratulations on everything DTG, and we're eagerly awaiting corrections.

23. morph147

morph147 Active Member

THIS!!!!!!!!!

This is the biggest thing that I been wanting to see for the past 2-3 weeks since Dresden came out. Just a pause and lets figure out what is going on. Words actually do matter even though actions do speak louder it just states that you care. Especially when you hit pause and just talk to the community so we can understand where you are at and what is going on. It may take time but at least give us something that is beyond hey lets release 15 new dlc in the next two months and add to the pile of mess.

• Like Like x 3
  24. ukpetey

Thanks for the reply, but you are incorrect. Of course I’ll believe it. I’m not looking for a roadmap of fixes, or an estimate of how long it will take. I asked a straightforward question: Why would DTG release a route with so many major issues? Surely with even the most basic of testing these would have been flagged, I’m flabbergasted that the route can have passed through QA and green lit for release in its current state, especially given that you have stated that the fix “will take weeks to accomplish, if not longer”

You say that you’re not happy with the current state of the game. Nobody is. So why release it in such an appalling state? I’m not looking for “positive-sounding statements” - just an honest answer - how did this get published when it’s broken? I don’t participate in roadmap streams, so I’m asking the question here, in your forum. Is this not an ideal venue to ask my question?

• Like Like x 5
  25. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

I would like to ask you a Question Assuming you can fix the PS4 /5 crashing problem on BML Because the patch that was released yesterday failed to deal with the issue as a short term fix while DTG worked on the long term solution to the problem what will DTG do to prevent something like this happening again.

I mean this is the second Major incident with in 2 months & as Oscar Wilde would have said once is carelessness 2 is Stupidity 3 is deliberate. It would appear DTG like releasing Sub Standard games & DLC as if its normal practice

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  26. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

I acknowledge your question but don't have an answer for you. We'll get into it in the stream next week.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Fixes takes weeks to accomplish if not longer?

If you know the state of the route have this kind of problems why releasing it and not delayed to another date with fixes already applied? is this way you keep players happy?
    Routes have problems principally Rush Hour routes and in ps5 the dlc problems, your priority is to fix these but no, you are more worried in releasing more locos and routes.than to fix this issues and is this way you want to keep your players playing this? I even cant play BML because when i start a scenario my ps5 crash a few seconds later. Then in some routes there are things in the rails, like flowers and rocks.
    Cane creek have 1 rock on the rail.
    WSR have one station with plants on the rails like no train pass there in years. just to mention basic stuf easy to fix and still there these days.

I just dont know why sony doesnt take this game out of the store because of this, they took out cyberpunk 2077 because of framerate issues and this game are worse than that.

I like the game but in this state , if the devs doesnt know how to fix why they dont be honest with all of us? why dont ask for help to another dev? like bluepoint games, sure 1 will help and this kind of problems will go away.

28. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

Every single service I've tried, both inside and outside journey mode have took more than one attempt to complete due to the game crashing.

It's so frustrating to get over half way just to have to restart... If only the save function worked.... Without causing red lights everywhere.

29. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

May i ask you a Question & hopeful you will answer it this time have you Established the root cause of the BML Crash yet if so would you like to share it with us ?

30. ukpetey

Thank you for your reply and acknowledging my question. I look forward to the answer. Please note as previously advised, I would appreciate the answer here as I don’t participate in streams

31. tcmikaelsouza

friend, if you have enough time, it's good to watch, at least the part in which he will address the topic, you are privileged because he speaks in your native language, I depend on them to post the stream, and watch it with translated subtitles, as I only speak Portuguese.

32. ukpetey

I understand your point and thank you for your advice. However I don’t have the time or interest to watch the streams, so I will look forward to my question being answered here

• Like Like x 1
  33. tcmikaelsouza

Good morning Friends, 11 days have passed since the release of London Commuter, and we still have serious problems with it, not to mention that even after the series of updates made in Dresden, it is still, in my humble opinion, the most problematic line in terms of gameplay, crashes, blocked AI trains and the like. I hope that tomorrow we will have more conclusive answers about where we are with these fixes and that there will be some fix this week, in view of the release of a new line that usually has an update that makes it compatible with the game.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

Iv had to stop playing it. As twice now iv done almost a whole route and right at the end it crashes. Literally an hour wasted. If you cant guarantee you will complete the route then it's a game breaker and unplayable, end of. I'm on PS5. I hope this is a priority. Its the best route in game but unplayable. It just sucks right now.

• Like Like x 1
  35. tcmikaelsouza

I agree with you, in genre, number and degree, because no wonder it was the last line of Rush Hour, it would be the most complex and complete, the crown jewel of TW2, but unfortunately even loving this line I'm sad not to be able to play , I made some streams on MKS Broadcast on Twitch, I can only play with the external camera, the internal camera has practically no audio, I showed the crashes, errors and failures, let's wait for the adjustments, as they are really necessary.

36. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

This is getting ridiculous now, just tried 2 scenarios -
    Slow Way Home - crashed twice
    Quarry Line Quandary - crashed before the scenario even started.

• Like Like x 1