Question For The Road Map

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dave Mel, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

so why isnt the shard in BML as it is right next to Clapham junction station and why issn the london eye in the game as well as the trains cross over the River Thames.

2. johnathan015

johnathan015 Member

In answer to your question, the shard is not next to Clapham Junction, it’s next to London Bridge station which isn’t modelled on the route. The London eye is all the way down by the river Thames which is no where near London Victoria station so again won’t be modelled on the route :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

silly question that. being a northerner i got my routes mixed up. i journeyed from Brighton to Paddington on a Thameslink train.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

I remember seeing The Shard in the distance when I drove on the Gatwick Express in 2017. Disappointing DTG didn’t add it to BML like they did on SEHS. On LIRR you can even see Manhattan from the other side of the river, so draw distance limitations shouldn’t be an obstacle.

TSW is too hit and miss when it comes to route landmarks, and the Essen city centre on HRR is probably the worst example so far. In reality Essen Hbf is neighboured by a nice skyline, which sadly isn’t the case in this game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Victoria to the Shard is about three miles, so you'd only really see it from there if you literally flew upwards and had London laid out below you
    London Eye is closer at about a mile, but again you wouldn't see it due to curve of river and so on unless you flew straight up

6. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Sorry but that's impossible.

7. ARuscoe

I took it as they left Brighton on a TL. Doesn't mean they did the whole journey on it
    Either that or they're being ironic

8. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

You can't even get a train between the two, unless you get a GWR service from Redhill. But even then it would takes hours. It's a train to Farringdon then the tube for the most direct and easiest travel.

9. ARuscoe

Yes, I know...
    The point is they could have taken a Thameslink as a significant part of their journey from Brighton to Paddington rather than literally between the two.

10. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

You can also get there on the Circle Line if you change at Blackfriars.

• Helpful Helpful x 1