London To Brighton Dlc Bug-list

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Oct 18, 2021.

1. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

So far of me playing this DLC, I’ve encountered a few bugs which I think should be squished out. I shall list below the bugs I’ve experienced so far. I have not included timetable bugs as there is a separate thread for that.

List of bugs:

- Several sounds on both the 377 and 387 bugging out. Sounds will either cut out, fail to reactivate or simply just not sound at all. Some examples include the AWS warning, as well as the HVAC cutting out and not reactivating until several minutes later. The AWS will sometimes not sound at all.

- Adding to the above, I find the 377 has a noticeably worse/poorer sound setup, with the sound issues occurring more frequently with it.

- Bad looping of sounds on the Electrostar. I’ve noticed that things like the horn, as well and running sounds and wind sounds will loop pretty badly. There’s a noticeable ‘blip’ with these sounds.

- Some speed limits not appearing beforehand. Passing through East Croydon, there is no advanced warning of a reduction in speed limit. Forcing me to overspeed and brake heavily.

- Tunnels lacking baked lighting/darkness. Going through tunnels, the cab of the train will not darken sufficiently. There is also the bug of the tunnel itself ‘popping in’ to view as you travel through it. I assume this has something to do with rendering distance.

- Some noticeable FPS drops around East Croydon, Clapham Junction and Three Bridges depot. I realise this one is dependant on specs, however I’m sure something can be done to better optimise these areas.

Any other bugs you have experienced with this route, please post below.

• Like Like x 16
  2. s0ggyflannel69

s0ggyflannel69 Member

i’ve noticed (on xbox atleast) the horn cuts out as soon as you stop pressing it resulting in a unrealistic sounding horn which can ruin videos and is just generally unpleasant to hear

• Like Like x 3
  3. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

In addition:

- The Up Slow line approaching Purley the sign says 80 instead of 60. (The HUD says 60 which is correct)

- The Down slow line crossover Croydon South is 20, but the HUD says 50 until you're actually ON the crossover

- The tunnel have some holes, especially where the fancy portal (Clayton) joins onto the main tunnel spline.

- The TPWS stop grid relating to RG11 (Reigate plat 2 towards Redhill) is 20yds after the signal: So if RG11 is yellow you get a brake demand because the grid is looking at the next red signal

- The 12 car stop markers at Gatwick are too short leading to 12 car AI (GX) hanging off the rear of the platform by half a car length fouling the adjacent line slightly.

- Various places; Reigate Branch and Quarry line has no lineside fencing. (This is law in the UK)

- Old bug where you leave a train, switch to foot mode and take over another train at a terminus. You get a message asking if you want to leave the old train. Sometimes upon departure time that old train never moves. This causes carnage at Victoria as the next train booked to that platform blocks everything inbound at Battersea Pier.

- You fall through the platform at Wandsworth Common Down Slow platform London End

- PIS at Wivelsfield, the platform info on platform 1 shows info for platform 2 and vice-versa

- UE crash on most GX London - Brighton workings either when you open the doors at Hassocks or Brighton

- On train PIS says "..calling at xx and xx" when approaching the last stop, where xx is the same station name.

- Station CIS sometimes glitches and leaves off the time. Seems usually to occur on trains which have split or joined somewhere

- My old bugbear: the route needs signaling approach control

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 16
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Oldcustard

Oldcustard Member

There are quite a few locations where passengers exit the train and only stand on the platform immediately next to the door. Also, there are few services I've noticed that appear to have misplaced unload all instructions (such as all passengers disembarking at Gatwick for southbound Southern services) and likewise, some passengers staying on board at terminus stations. I note this is timetable related though.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comprehensive list. I have a couple of things to add:
    Scenery: On the Up Fast line, not sure where exactly but I believe outside South Croydon, there is a huge tree branch in the middle of the track that slaps you in the face. I believe on the Down Quarry line there is a similar instance, not as badly, but still a tree too close to the track.
    At the end of platform 12 towards the station building, the weather is not correctly deactivated inside the building, it is foggy in the arrival hall when it is raining outside.
    Signs: On the Up Slow at mile 13,4 is a wrong speed sign (should be 60, says 80). On the Down Slow at mile 4.9 is also a speed limit of 60 but the speed sign says something different.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

An annoying thing I noticed, prob not a bug but I suspect an unwanted occurrence, is all the passengers disembarking at Gatwick. Therefore running empty or massively reduced loads between Gatwick-Brighton or Gatwick to Victoria.

Others have mentioned other bugs in the route such as speed limits being in the incorrect place and sound issues.

7. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

Hardly a game breaker, but I found this 'acrobat' busking at Gatwick rather amusing! TSW2_Quentin_1634423792_00 - Copy.png

8. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

As Bescot said - route needs signalling approach control (release from red). But this is a general issue with UK routes.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cramnor

At Purley, the roof is clipping into the train
    20211018195536_1.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  10. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

-Missing AWS magnet for signal VC 572

-Various missing stopping markers. (Making accurate stopping difficult. ALL stations have stopping markers for at least 3-12 carriage trains.)

-Balcome platform 2 extends beyond the tunnel and slightly out of the tunnel. (It is too short)

-Haywards heath platform ends slope in real life, they are flat ended in TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  11. For the amount of work DTG has put in these are mild bugs which could be easily missed.
    Didn't even know you could use DX12 for this.
    I give DTG 97/100 for Rush Hour. Brilliant. They have lifted their game!!!
    Now for a Japanese Tokyo frequent stopping route!!

12. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

I think going up the up fast line near Purley there’s a tree hanging over the track

on the pis at some stations for a service that goes to Littlehampton and ore is don’t display the train is splitting at Hayward’s heath and says Littlehampton and ore at preston Park pis and Hayward’s Heath pis at the very end of the station list even after splitting

Also at easy Croydon there is a text on the floor poking up on the fast line platform

13. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

-when open the Windows, the sound of the horn has lack of "reverb"
    -AWS sound problem that everyone is saying also.

14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Redhill has some platform signs the wrong way round with Platform 1 and 2 showing as 2 and 1 respectively.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

At Thornton Heath on the down slow, the signal at the end of the platform is behind a wall.
    Mike.

16. londonmidland

Thanks for all the responses guys.

This is in the latest roadmap, so I assume there’s some quite substantial fixes in the works?

F37043CE-F8E7-4FFC-92A6-378D50F44DF4.png

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

I also noticed at Preston part on both platforms you can’t use the underpass as there’s a invisible barrier so I’m forced to cross the tracks to platforms vise verser

18. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Missing 45mph speed limit sign on the fast line out of Victoria, the reverse side as the 40mph speed limit. Also noted a 80mph which should be a 60mph but cant for the life of me remember exactly where but it was south of Clapham junction on the slow line.

Will echo the missing advance warnings of speed restrictions littered across the route, north bound is worst than south bound.

19. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

That would be a very painful noise!

20. Cramnor

Maybe especially in the current situation it wouldn't be too bad though to get some really fresh air :D

• Like Like x 1
  21. Jasonic

Jasonic Member

377/387’s it seems that only one shoe is detecting the conductor rail as even with a 12car you loose the line light at a gap.

If you open the doors via the release button they should not open(just unlock) unless where passengers are getting in and out, the all button would open all doors, after around 20sec of no activity near a door they should close automatically(but not lock).

I worked a service from Vic to Epsom Downs, at Selhurst where you can only take it to I continued on foot but the train did not continue at departure time, it just sat there. The CIS at Selhurst plat 1 showed the 2nd train as the 1st one just 1 min later.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Imagine ventilation.
    Laughs in 455/456

• Like Like x 1
  23. adventuresbytrainwales

adventuresbytrainwales New Member

Missing Footbridge at Haywards Heath (Also the buildings look strange compared to real-life) Believe it's also missing the rear exit too with gateline
    Wivelsfield uses the wrong fence, it has concrete backing in real life (As it was in Train Simulator)
    Burgess Hill seems to be off with the buildings (missing the wall)
    Preston Park looks very off
    Brighton Platform 1 and 2 looks strange and out of proportion
    Windmill Bridge Jn has too many trees compared to real life

24. dubsox

dubsox Member

I don't know if it's a bug, but the flange sounds from the 377 seem to be missing, despite them being there on East Coastway. Also, some scenery just north of Preston Parks looks unfinished, with semi-vertical buildings etc.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

The save game feature is a guaranteed red light zone, and I’m not talking about Amsterdam. Load up a saved game on London-Brighton and you’ll find a bunch of trains in front of you standing at red signals for no apparent reason. This could be related of course to TSW’s generally unreliable save game feature which has never worked properly, and will only hold one save slot.

• Like Like x 1
  26. londonmidland

rabid This is indeed linked to the core game, and isn’t route specific. It’s been broken from day one as far as I’m aware.

27. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

Additionally, I have just noticed an incorrect junction indicator on T74 (East Croydon area). Should have a number 1 for going across to the fast line at Selhurst rather than the number 4 junction indicator for continuing on the Slow line.

-Burgess Hill platforms are too short. Particularly platform 1. They both extend to the tunnel, and should fit 12 coach trains on both comfortably.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  28. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

There was a timetable service run that i did in a snowy weather for the gatwick express, where i was not able to complete the service because of a red light. i waited for 10 minutes and still being hold by a red signal.

You can see what this picture
    534b6151-a448-43a6-a183-08e71b64db9c.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  29. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Another Time table service have bug which is going into London Victoria Platform- 1M23. Stop by a red light going into london victoria. Stuck at distance 1.4 miles to London Victoria, which i am definitely going to be late. AI Train in the front probably not moving.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  30. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

This is a very small issue but once you notice it, you can’t un-see it. The ‘Heath’ in Hayward’s Heath isn’t capitalised in game when it is meant to be as per real life.

• Like Like x 2
  31. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Vic platforms 18 & 19 have signals protecting the crossover before the platform end starter signals, in the game these show green when the starter is red. You can't have a green signal leading to a red.

You cannot see the starter signal on pl 18 usually, so this is a SPAD risk.

Ts2prototype Screenshot 2021.10.27 - 14.31.25.52.png

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Agree with the points about the cab being far too bright in tunnels and at night. Needs to be much darker it's like the light is on

33. Nei4024

Nei4024 Active Member

Hi,

First of all, I don't know if this has been said or not.
    Yesterday I did a GX service from London Victoria to Brighton, and select a light rain weather.
    As expected, there were no wet platforms, or so I thought until I got to Brighton station, so, why is only the wet platform system enabled in this station?
    I don't know if this is a bug or is the beginning of work on a future patch or something like that, but it's funny that it's only at Brighton station (or so I think, I didn't see any more wet platforms along my route ).
    What is your opinion??

I've posted it on BML's final comment thread as well, but I think this is the right one.

Greetings.

34. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

This is nothing to do with the tunnels, and everything to do with the 377 - the cab is being lit up by the passenger lights (you'll notice the cab darkens in the 387). I've also noticed some gaps in one of the tunnels - will try and get a screenshot.

What I've seen:
    Croydon Platform 1 is very close to the train

Track fails to render at Clapham P14
    TSW2_Cameron_1633815537_00.png

35. Chris Stapleton

Chris Stapleton New Member

Every time I load from a saved game I get stuck at a red light at random locations (PC)

36. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Save game is pretty much broken, some routes hold up more than others but not BML with the vast number of trains and complex signalling. Fairly evident by now that DTG don’t know how or can’t be bothered to allocate staff resources to fix it. For any run on BML, best to try and plan to do in one hit.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

In the end of year stream, Nat pointedly asked Matt about the broken save feature and he as much as replied that they didn't have an idea of what was causing this. He alluded to it being due to multiple problems and has no time line as to a fix.

• Like Like x 3
  38. londonmidland

1F01, despite it being a nice service to drive, it CANNOT be completed due to the dispatcher giving a green signal to an empty platform at London Victoria. A very long queue starts to form from London Victoria to Clapham Junction as a result...

upload_2022-1-19_17-48-38.png
    upload_2022-1-19_17-48-53.png

• Like Like x 2
  39. OldVern

I take it this is even without attempting to reload a save?

I mean kudos to DTG for the scope of the route (minus all the scenic niggles) but with hindsight the timetable was far too ambitious. They kept telling us the Bakerloo line had a 20 minute frequency due to the AI and signaller being unable to keep up, so nothing fundamentally changed in the core (AFAIK) prior to the release of BML.

So why not own up to the fact and pull (say) 20% of the train service out which might be enough to prevent these lock ups from occurring.

As it is, I don't even run BML anymore, just seems pointless if you can't complete a run (with or without saving) unless you do a very early morning or very late evening service.

• Like Like x 1
  40. londonmidland

Yes, that’s right. Was all going well until I reached Battersea Park and saw the queue of trains. Had a look at the map and saw the dispatcher give a green to an empty platform, as well as routing an AI service into an already occupied platform. That’s where the standoff occurred.

I’m pretty disappointed with the lack of fixes or attention DTG has given this route post release. There are some huge FPS drops in places; most noticeably in the Victoria, Clapham and East Croydon areas.

• Like Like x 3
  41. terry english

terry english Active Member

I don’t know if anyone has noticed this one. Apologies if someone has.
    Working an empty coaching stock class 166 from Old Oak Common to Paddington I’ve noticed an HST that seems to be stabled against a wall. It’s always there and must be standing on Old Oak Common sidings of some sort. Well there are passengers sat on it. I don’t know how long they’ve been waiting but they must be getting bored by now.;) Joking apart, passengers would not be allowed on any coaching stock that was going into any sort of TMD or stabling point. So perhaps Dovetail games can remedy this one, which shouldn’t be too hard.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  42. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Let's be honest, given DTG track record on releasing fixes for older/preserved routes what chance are we going to get with fixes for London and Brighton? I'll be amongst the first to acknowledge them fixing it but cannot see it happening for months.

• Like Like x 1
  43. londonmidland

It’s really annoying but unfortunately true with DTG. They showcase a route and then say it’ll be fixed post release but in reality that means waiting months upon end for it to be released. Sometimes the best part of a year.

Something needs to change. Sooner rather than later.

• Like Like x 3
  44. OldVern

As I’ve said before, “fire and forget”. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy TSW and really like the new German route, which so far touch wood hasn’t had any stand offs and even seems to work with the save function. But they are going to lose credibility at some point if they carry on churning out stuff which doesn’t work as it should, then failing to deliver the required fixes. It shouldn’t be up to the preservation crew either. Should be thrown back to the original personnel and told to sort it out.

• Like Like x 1
  45. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

londonmidland Yep this is what I experience as well, which is kinda annoying that you can't complete it. Also the setting for the scene such as driving at 5:00AM still look so dark, compare to in real life, its somewhat dark, but you can see the sun rising. The headlight is also a problem as well, i barely could see where i was going, or whats in front of me while driving the overnight service such as 4:00-6:00AM

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  46. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Another bug; the horn will lag and glitch out on service mode, thanks to all the trains

47. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

DTG will probably hold another meeting and talk about what should be done but in reality nothing will change. I totally agree something needs to happen now otherwise I can see DTG losing custom and when that happens it is near impossible to win them back. And given the size of the DTG playerbase I hope they take note.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  48. londonmidland

I know Matt is aware of the issues, and now that he is now in charge of more things, hopefully this will mean things will be done differently, which will lead to improvements with the way DLCs and updates are delivered.

• Like Like x 1
  49. OldVern

What we don't see of course are the true nature of the problems behind the scenes, including but not limited too:
    Is the code holding them back?
    Do the coders actually understand enough about the code to make things work?
    Do they understand how a signalled and traffic controlled railway network should work?
    Do they actually have the willingness to try and work or are memos being sent out from the chief, which are being ignored on the shop floor?

• Like Like x 1
  50. tinblue

tinblue Member

Why has the bright cab at night issue still not been addressed? This is ridiculous that I paid for this DLC and something as fundamental as an immersive experience driving at night has and continues to be overlooked.