Tsw2 Route Suggestion: Conwy Valley Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by oakleymoss#1362, Oct 17, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

I would love to have this route in the game as I believe the TSW2 needs a bit of a welsh twist so I suggest the Conwy Valley Line ( LLandudno - Blaenau Ffestiniog via Llandudno Junction).

"Although only a little over 27 miles (43 km) between Llandudno and Blaenau Ffestiniog, the journey takes over one hour, largely due to the sinuous and steeply graded nature of the route taken (particularly south of Betws-y-Coed). Most of the stations along the line are treated as request stops." - Wikipedia

[​IMG]

Rolling Stock
    • BR Class 150/2 (I know we already have this in Cornwall Local)
    [​IMG]

The line also serves the the odd steam railtour but as we don't yet have steam locomotives, the railtour service could be hauled by heritage diesels. As far as I know, due to the steep curves on the line between Betws-y-Coed and Bleanu Ffestiniog, such railtours are limited to just 6 coaches

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

YES PLEASE! The loveliest part of Britain, gradients and curves, and a Sprinter. What is not to like? The game truly won't be complete until it features Cymru, Lloegr a Llanrwst.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

At a pinch the Metcam could layer although for Heritage DMU's a 108 would be more appropriate.
    Could also be an opportunity to give us a 25 for the Trawsfynnedd flask trains and loads of scope to layer in Railtours, too. Class 40 anyone.

The only downside to the suggestion is that in normal use traffic is very sparse, it's essentially one train back and forth a few times a day.

• Like Like x 1
  4. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

Very true, but at the end of day I'm wouldn't mind because I would have lots of screenshot potential with the scenery and we already have a heritage line which would naturally have a around one train an hour at each station