London Commuter Services Passing Redhill Non-stop

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by elaineedwards2013, Oct 18, 2021.

1. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

I have noticed that Redhill station has two centre run-through tracks, which are mostly used for non-stopping trains. This is not including Class 387 Gatwick Express services.

Does anyone know which Southern timetable services pass through Redhill station non-stop, using the centre run-through tracks? Any ideas please, just wondering?

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    Platform = Xbox One

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Most if not all GX 387 services I would expect.

3. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

I've not seen a GX pass through Redhill, I think they mostly all avoid it on the other line.

4. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

I haven't spent that much time at Redhill so I'm not sure.

5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Apologies. I was thinking of East Croydon for some mad reason.

6. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

During engineering works on the quarry line they’ll use the centre tracks to Gatwick.

7. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

The Seaford to ore southern service goes fast from East Croydon to Horley

8. Southern Driver

Southern Driver Active Member

There were a couple of GatEx services booked to use the Redhill Middle Tracks in the evening and at one point all day on Sundays just to retain the driver’s route knowledge.

9. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

I don't think anything goes via the Redhill line in terms of passenger services, that doesn't stop at Redhill. It would just use the quarry line. As quarry is the fast line, redhill is the slow lines.

It's mostly freight and ecs that go fast through redhill, and if the 313 timetabling is correct, you should expect to see the lovers walk to selhurst ECS workings to go via Redhill fast lines

10. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

I know there’s a service you can drive from London Victoria to Seaford and ore that stops at Clapham Junction, East Croydon, passes Redhill, stops at Horley, stops at Gatwick and then Hayward’s and Wivelsfield

11. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Unfortunately in the game, I don’t think it is possible to go through the “middle tracks.” Even if you go on scenario mode and make a service from East Croydon to Gatwick Airport non-stop through Redhill, it will still put you through a platform (platform 3, Down loop). Likewise, in the other direction, it will put you through platform 0. What’s extremely annoying though is that in the up direction (coming from Gatwick airport in direction to East Croydon), you’ll get all greens. I was expecting to stay on the “middle track” so was doing 75mph but as I as came onto the last signal into Redhill, it had “0” in the theatre box which is a 15mph crossover. In real life, it should check you down to a red.