PC Pzb Issues Re9 Aachen - Köln Schnellfahrstrecke Talent 2

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jeff.engle, Oct 15, 2021.

1. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

I ran the RE9 timetable routes 4 times and felt I was getting consistent PZB ack errors, so I recorded a full round trip and went back to review the issue areas. PZB and SIFA turned on. Now, I'm not a PZB expert, but not exactly a novice either - so I may be doing something wrong; but here's my findings:

First Trip - Aachen - Köln
    PZB Issues RE9 Siegen Hbf Light clouds weather
    11:18 BR422 Talent 2 DB PZB run with the Talent 2 (Novice PZB User) getting an emergency stop where I don't think there should be one: 2 Issues to review:

1) @ 20:58 2.6 km before Langerwehe Acknowledge with emergency stop
    2) @ 31:18 2.1 km before Düren Acknowledge with emergency stop

Trip back:
    RE9 Aachen RE9 Köln to Aachen Train Sim World 2 with Talent 2 PZB Issues

Using the Talent 2 in a run from Köln to Aachen capturing PZB issues. RE9 11:47 run Fewer problems with this run other than at 38:23 where PZB was acknowledged
    No issue @ 13:44 2.7 km before Horrem (Max Brakes Early)
    No Issue @ 37:46 2.6 km before Eschweiler (Max Brakes Early)

1) Issue @ 38:23 1.6 km before Eschweiler PZB Acknowledged going under speed but hot WT nich zeitgerecht betatigt! (Not activated in time!) I don't think so
    2) @ 55:07 1.8 km before Aachen - flashing green acknowledged but got emergency stop. Again nich zeitgerecht betatigt but it was acknowledged!

If I'm in error, let me know. There are other "my bad" moments but these seem to be route issues if I'm not mistaken.

Update 10/16/2021

Run 3 with 766.2 DBpbzfa and same route - tested MAX braking as soon as I saw the signal - good run other than a few "my bad" moments from me. Did not post video

Run 4 766.2 DBpbzfa and same route but trying different brake settings as soon as I saw the signal:

This is a run with Max Brakes for an RE1 run and successfully made it through each PZB check for speed reduction using an 6 vs 8 brake setting. This run is an experiment to see what brake settings are successful. Earlier runs with Talent 2 indicated that Brakes at 6 were not high enough to escape a PZB emergency stop.

Schnellfahrstrecke Köln RE 1 Hamm [West] 10:51 to
    766.2 DBpbzfa DBpbzfa
    Weather: Light Rain moderate wind

Using DTG Matt's suggestion of learning PZB using 'self talk' verbally telling myself what my next action is based on the signals/signs coming up. Braking as soon as I see the blinking green for speed reduction:

@ 21:14 Coming in to Langerwehe Brake at 6 - emergency stop
    @ 31:39 Coming in to Düren using Brake at 7 - successful PZB
    @ 43:10 Coming in to Horrem using Brake at 7 - successful PZB @ 100/kmh
    @ 52:43 Coming in to Cologn Ehrenfeld Brake at 7 PZB emergency stop with nich zeitgerecht betatigt! (Not activated in time!) (Ack'ed within 3 seconds but still got emergency stop) Good run other than the last emergency stop which I think is in error. Because of the rain I was a little slow in identifying the stop ahead;

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Try holding PZB Acknowledge in for a second instead of pressing it quickly (should hear a beep). I don't think it is always recognising it from the times you got stopped. The 1000Hz should show on the HUD immediately once acknowledged.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  3. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

Thanks L89 I would think this might be true, however if you check the screen there is a PZB Acknowledge on the screen in each of the emergency stops.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  4. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

The yellow "WT nicht zeitgerecht betätigt" does not mean that you have acknowledged, you have pressed the button too late,
    too short or not at all. This can also happen if you acknowledge too early before the magnets have met.

If you have acknowledged correctly, the yellow bar shows "V-Überwachung xx km/h".
    Pass the signal to make sure that the magnets have met and then acknowledge by holding the button a little longer until a beep sounds and "V-Überwachung xx km/h" appears . You now have 23 seconds to decelerate to this speed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

Thanks sequencer2k16 . So the “PZB Acknowledged “ notification is worthless? That in itself seems like a bug. I was clearly past the signal when acknowledging and already decelerating quite rapidly. I’ll test once I am back at the PC.

6. rober

rober Member

Yes, notification in screen is wrong. You have to hear an acknowledged sound (or word) in response to your action.
    If you are doing it with a keyboard or button basically: if the acknowledge button, alerter, etc is a button you just have to press your key, if is a lever you probably have to maintain the key pressed until you hear the sound.

7. sequencer2k16

The notification only tells you that you have pressed the button, but it does not tell you whether the loco has registered it correctly.
    Just pay less attention to it and more to the instruments of the loco, this will drastically reduce your "Zwangsbremsungen". ;)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

Ok, sequencer2k16, successful run with the long press of PZB ACK, however I don’t see any PZB Acknowledgement in the cab, only on the screen.

After having problems using PZB in Schnellfahrstreke Köln I got some help on the forum suggesting that I hold the PZB key until I see an acknowledgement in the cab. I still don't see the acknowledgement on the Talent 2 BR422 cab (vs. on the screen) but holding the PZB (PG DN key on the PC) seems to have good results - check out this run where I also use DTG Matt's verbal talking self through PZB for training.

PZB acknowledgement that did not show up in the Talent 2 cab:
    PZB ack @ 13:48 Don't see anything in the cab indicating I did a PZB ACK
    PZB ack @ 31:52 again don't see anything in the cab indicating I did a PZB ACK
    PZB ack @ 38:03 ditto above - no in-cab indication of ack
    PZB ack @ 50:25 ditto above
    etc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sequencer2k16

If you have successfully acknowledged, PZB is indicated by the yellow 1000Hz as well as by "V-monitoring xx km/h" and in addition,
    the blue 85 starts to flash. PZB was successfully achknowleged and you are now in PZB monitoring.

With "PZB Acknowledge" on the right side of your screen TSW only gives you feedback that you have pressed a button,
    this message does not tell you if the button was pressed correctly or too short. Same for all the other buttons, it is only a feedback that something was pressed and TSW has recognized this button and confirms it to you. These notifications can also be turned off in the options.

Your mistake was that you did not press the PZB button long enough and did not wait for the beep of the loco.
    The beep, the blue flashing 85, the yellow 1000Hz and "V-monitoring xx km/h" are the actual acknowledgement.
    Instead, you relied on the notification at the right side of the screen. ;)

By the way, your german pronunciation is very good.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021