Roadmap Update: Tharandter Rampe: Dresden - Chemnitz With Db Br 612 And Db Br 143

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cyrill.kroonstuiver, Oct 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

So, new addition to the Roadmap.
    Any thoughts on the matter? :)

I'm personally happy with the DB BR 612 as it will finally be the much asked for German DMU, but I have to ask, what's gonna be different about this DB BR 143?

I also find it notable that this route immediately went to production rather than planning, but that's probably because of DTG adding routes to the roadmap in a later stage of development now if I had to guess given what I've heard.

DB BR 612
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Not only a DMU, but a tilting train. Is this an experiment before building the ICE T and Acela Express?

• Like Like x 9
  3. cyrill.kroonstuiver

I have no idea honestly, but could be. Though I wouldn't get my hopes up for those just yet at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

Really excited for this route, finally a German DMU and it even has a special feature ;) It looks like this route will finally be something different than 160km/h German mainlines we have been getting lately. Maximum speed is 120 km/h on this route with many curves below that, like Ruhr-Sieg Nord for example. That being my favorite route in TSW I look forward to this one ;)

Seems like nothing new sadly, if I remember correctly they drive with low-door DoSto's on this route so don't expect entirely new coaches. Maybe the 1st/2nd class configurations are a little different, but I'm not an expert at that level :D

• Like Like x 3
  5. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

How many stations are on this route? And how much is s-bahn included? Does this route start at Dresden Hbf? If it does how far on the riesa Dresden mine does it run until it goes off?
    I have a lot of questions :D

6. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

It immediately turns left from Dresden Hauptbahnhof

• Like Like x 1
  7. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

It's part of this line I think: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dresden–Werdau_railway
    It's about 80-90km, depending on if they include the freight line. The section between Dresden Hbf and Freiberg is the Dresden S3 line.

Oh, and people wanting a route with high entry Dostos, or different gen Dostos are in for disappointment: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/16/Haltepunkt_Freital-Hainsberg_West.jpg Interesting PIS, looks like an old-school clackerboard type - somehow doubting that'll be included though

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  8. cyrill.kroonstuiver

Yeah, I'm disappointed about the guaranteed low entry Dosto too, but at least PLEASE, let this Dosto be at least different.
    Maybe an older incarnation of the Dosto like the 761 maybe?
    At least that would certainly feel different. Though these seem different and give us another Dosto cab.
    [​IMG]

Asking for an N-Wagen as another push-pull solution would probably be a bit much though, wouldn't it?
    And probably incorrect too I feel like.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Mateiule

Mateiule Active Member

So we'll be getting all of the S3 line. What I pray is that since we have the S1 in DRA and now we'll have the S3, that DTG finally relents and adds the S2 to the airport back.

10. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

The fact that the BR 612 is a tilting train is pretty cool I guess, though I personally don't really care for another modern german multiple unit. Would be much more interested in something more retro.

I like the look of that, I would love this one. Though I have my doubts they will make a new one.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Clumsy Pacer

Do older gen dostos run on this route?

12. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Tilting trains usually are allowed higher top speeds on normal tracks - does anybody know what 612s were allowed there? I would guess about 130-140, but confirmation is needed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. cyrill.kroonstuiver

Oh absolutely.
    I'm pretty happy with the DB 612, but pretty disappointed at yet another Dosto route, but if they use the 761 it'll actually feel like a new Dosto instead of simply one with a new layer of paint like the VVO version.
    If DTG makes the 761, I'll actually be looking forward to the Dosto :)

Though I will say that I'm still personally quite disappointed no new countries were announced this Roadmap, but that's another matter.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

It will likely be that last route for this year/the first for next year, they waited quite long now with adding it, so it goes directly to production - which, given the timeframe, makes sense :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Clumsy Pacer

Wikipedia says it's 120, or 160 with tilting.

• Like Like x 2
  16. 5cip

5cip Active Member

i cant wait for it :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

IIRC 612s ended service before VVO livery became a thing, so if they don't make the proper older Dostos, it's the classic red ones...
    So full beans for 612, nice.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah, it would be really nice to see something new. The last one was what, Arosa? Or the French TGV one? It's been a while, and both were rather questionable quality.

Would really love to see something out of "The Big Three"... *cough cough* Japan *cough cough*

But back to Germany, even if it's german trains, at least give us some older german trains. All these routes with the same red multiple units, the same looking TRAXX/Eurosprinter locomotives and the same ICE3s are getting pretty repetitive. At least some older german rolling stock in terms of EMUs, or maybe an ICE 1 or ICE 2?

• Like Like x 5
  19. Cramnor

I hope for Dresden we get all the services from Dresden-Riesa as AI so the station is not completely empty like Hamburg for example.

• Like Like x 10
  20. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I hope so.

21. cyrill.kroonstuiver

Yeah, so far in terms of foreign (non US/DE/UK) routes we have;
    -Canada: CN Oakville Subdivision (2020)
    -France: LGV Méditerranée (2020)
    -Switserland: Arosalinie (2021)
    And in my honest opinion Canada barely counts as foreign as it's far too similar to the US.
    If I recall correctly I believe DTG tried to sell Scotland as foreign a bit too, but I'm really not buying that as it's still UK, similar to how I wouldn't count Wales as a new country but instead as UK release. (though a Welsh UK release would be great :D )

My preference are Japan and the Netherlands, and in a poll on the suggestions forum on this those are both the highest scoring ones too, so I'm hoping for both. But yeah, at least Japan, given its popularity should be included.
    I know it's difficult and Matt has made comments about it, but sooner or later it's gonna have to happen anyway, and I prefer sooner. :)

But as passionate as I am on the subject of including new countries and however much I'd like to continue on it even if just to air some frustration on it, I'd suggest we continue that conversation on a more appropriate thread for it like this one :)

22. Clumsy Pacer

I don't think they did. It was more people in the community wanting the flag to be the Scottish Saltire.

23. cyrill.kroonstuiver

Ah, maybe you're right, I don't remember that well :)
    May also be that I remember it that way because I remember people calling it a new country in topics regarding those, similar to how now in topics regarding what new countries people wanna see you see some people gunning for a Welsh route, which I'm all for, but as I mentioned, wouldn't count as foreign as it's still UK. :)

24. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

25. Clumsy Pacer

26. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It looks interesting enough but (former) East Germany again?

And I agree with comments about the era. We have a couple of UK routes set in the classic period so why not a 80's/90's incarnation with older locos and Silverfish stock, BR628 DMU's and maybe some UIC BM232/AM232 type stock, or the DR equivalent.

• Like Like x 4
  27. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

It’s definitely interesting to have two German routes in a row that go to Dresden. At least that means that layers will mostly come from only one route. Perhaps it gives DTG even more of a reason to think of route merging.

• Like Like x 3
  28. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

So since we will get the Br612 with this add on, that means the route must have been set before 2013, e.g. in 2012, because in 2013 the line to (I think) Hof was electrified. After that, only Br143 were used on every train running on this route.
    At this time, the Dostos used there were the DR-ones (a bit boxier and with two different kinds of control cabs).
    I would actually love to see these ones, they would match up perfectly with the newer ones, and could substitute to all the other routes :D
    And apart from that, these would be the correct ones

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Nice, something interesting at last!
    I hope one day it'll merge with DRA. Looking forward to the DMU :)

30. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I personally think if they don’t it’s like holding two furry balls in your hand and dropping both.

• Like Like x 2
  31. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

How many stations does this new route have in total?

32. Cramnor

It comes with 20 stations and is shortly beneath 80km long :)

• Like Like x 2
  33. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

I actually kinda like this one!! The BR612 is an awesome DMU! And the route looks pretty promising.

• Like Like x 1
  34. joerg.lange

joerg.lange Well-Known Member

YESSSSS... finally... my "home route"... Finally I can drive alongside my house. I've been waiting for this for ages... never thought it would happen. :love::love::love::love::love:

• Like Like x 10
  35. cyrill.kroonstuiver

I envy you my friend :(
    Though for me I doubt it'll ever happen as I live in a country content creators are seemingly unwilling to represent in the first place despite its demand.

• Like Like x 1
  36. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

If the tilting is included and Important dir the Timetable, I will Drive with a Error of GNT and without the Higher Speed ;)

37. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

In the Most cases 30% more Speed. At a Speed of 120kmh It would be 156kmh, so I think 160kmh

38. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Definetely hoping on DTG creating the route with era appropriate Dostos. My personal favourite Dosto cab car has always been the 3rd generation one (the 761 if I recall correctly).

[​IMG]

That one just looks neat to me, and I'd love to see it. I also think it would have some future layering oppertunities.
    The 612 does really interest my by the way, and I think it's a good choice from DTG to set a route a bit further in the past so they can include the BR 612.

• Like Like x 5
  39. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

All Aussies empathise with this.....the closest we get to represented routes here is Trainz, the less said about that the better

• Like Like x 3
  40. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I was watching outback truckers last night and they had the Australian mining trains. Not much to write home about on the scenery there but by Jesus do they pull a length of wagons from the mines

• Like Like x 1
  41. cyrill.kroonstuiver

Yeah, I feel you...
    For us the closest we get is hobby TS20xx mod makes that basically went "F it, I'll just do it myself than", but those routes are such a hassle to set up, require countless assets that have to be assembled individually, all made by mod-makers, and require assets from some routes and although the effort is great, they're still not up to par with official content.
    You'd think any studio would get the hint that there's a real market there after a community goes through such effort, as well as that even though they're such a hassle, so many people still go through the trouble to be able to have that content.

Anyway, good luck, and let's hope for us both DTG or another 3rd party studio sees the light and seizes the golden opportunity to represent us that's just laying there for the grabbing :)

Edit: P.S. in terms of Rolling Stock though, with ChrisTrains who is an unofficial but very competent creator, we do luck out though with a quality content creator who does make payware unofficial rolling stock from our country. :)
    All officially licensed too, which is why it's payware.
    But for some reason not actually affiliated with DTG.
    Boy do I wish to get him on board contracted by DTG as 2nd party content creator for a Dutch route... Fingers crossed :)

42. cyrill.kroonstuiver

Yeah, we should probably make this its own thread both of suggestion or here on PC discussion, but I REALLY hope this is the Dosto provided :D
    If this Dosto is provided along with the 761 I might actually genuinely be a little bit hyped about it :D
    And it's been a while since I've been hyped about a route/train after having grown tired of the endless slew of UK/DE/US.

43. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

It won't be long enough till we see a high-speed tilting train and amtrak Acela. :) Hopefully, there is more new features that they are going to added to make the game more realistic. Looking forward to the future :o:):D:cool:

44. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

This route Dresden Chemnitz (Karl Marx Stadt) DB BR612 is the base model for your Nuremberg Bayreuth Pegnitztal Bahn Suggestion. These use a VMS Middle Saxony Logo or VVO logo on the side for DB BR612. If DTG makes a 761 Dosto Cab car then it can layer to RSN towards Iserlohn. The best bet is adding in Main Spessart Bahn destinations of Frankfurt Am Main Hbf SKA to the 761 ft 95 panel.

• Like Like x 1
  45. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

A tilting train, I'm already thinking ahead to them maybe doing a UK route with tilting trains WCML with pendalino or a route with a super voyager or even an APT, but that's pure speculation on my part.

46. joerg.lange

joerg.lange Well-Known Member

The route could be really interesting. You have two big urban areas at each end with Dresden and Chemnitz. In between, there's a bit of a Clinchfield-Railroad-feel in the Tharandt area, but also wide, hilly Teletubby-like landscapes with bridges and villages. Actually, the feeling of real "travelling" between the two cities should come across really well.

About the BR612: I personally have strong memories of the train. Loud, cramped, uncomfortable and the tilting technology always made me sick to my stomach when I sat in the opposite direction of travel. I'm really looking forward to driving the beast.

--

By the way: I can really recommend this whole Dresden - Saxon Ore Mountains (Freiberg) area from a tourist point of view. Lots of tradition, old mining industry, culture. The area around Freiberg (in the middle of the route) marks the beginning of the so-called "Saxon Christmas Land". The foundation was silver mining, which goes back some 850 years there (the town of Freiberg is just as old). Some people may know the toys and collectibles like german smokers, nutcrackers or candle arches - all this has its origins in this region.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  47. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Even if it's another german route, I think I quite like it.

I just hope the sound of the DMU is good and accurate. Question about freight on this route? I think the non electrification of part of the route is kind of an issue ...

48. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

Check out this cab ride to get in the mood:

The area from Tharandt onwards has very big RSN vibes, with the low speed curves. And then when you've completed that run you switch to a BR612 and do it at much higher speed. Should be great fun!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. Cramnor

The line we get in the game is electrified all the way. I believe in reality it doesn't see a lot of freight traffic, but it could be easily added and wouldn't be unrealistic :)

• Like Like x 2
  50. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

You sure? What's the point of the DMU then?