About The Dosto On Dresden - Chemnitz

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by seblay1608, Oct 19, 2021.

?
  1. DR-Dosto (1./2. Generation)

31 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. 3. Generation Dosto

66 vote(s)
    68.0%
  1. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

The roadmap says that the BR 612 and the BR 143 are included. There were no details about the wagons that come with the BR 143. The S3 and RB30 both used Doppelstockwagen, but they were different between the lines. The S3 uses Dosto from the 4. Generation you know from Dresden-Riesa:
    [​IMG]

The RB30 operated with older Dosto from the third Generation, built in 1995:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In the second picture, the wagon behind is a DR-Dosto, first Generation. This wagons are also not inaccurate:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

You maybe see, those different kinds of wagons can operate in mixed formations and are a lot more variety. Now it is in your hands, dovetail. You have to do what is the best for you, but the Dostos in TSW2 right now get boring. This route is a good chance to get more variety in the wagons. The third generation Dosto are most accurate for the RB30, but the S-Bahn Dresden Dosto are not very inaccurate for this line tbh. I better tell you about the Dosto before the route is in upcoming like on Hamburg-Lübeck, so you could change your plans if you want.

• Like Like x 23
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I would love to see the older Dostos, but I think we all know which variant is going to be included :)
    After all, there is going to be one new train already, the 612.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

And don’t forget: The route has to be set before 2013, and the Dostos were completely red then (so without the VVO livery) ;D

4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

If DTG were to include new Dostos, that would include a new cab car as well, which if it were happening DTG would be pitching as a new loco.

5. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Any chances of n-Wagen? So we wouldn't get again for the 4th or 5th time the very same coaches and a 143. Don't know if it is realistic for this route and the era it is set in :)

6. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

This is something I think we should make a fist as a community to demand.
    I know it's extra work when they're already working on the DB BR 612, but a new Dosto is highly needed at this point, and simply a paint-over like Riesa Dresden's VVO isn't gonna cut it for Dosto variety.

We need the Dosto 761, and we need it with the next release! :D
    It adds variety, and gives the endless slew of Dostos on German routes something new finally.
    I'd personally also argue for the N-Wagons but than you'd have to change whole consists and at least with the Dosto 761 you only need to remake 1 cab car.

• Like Like x 4
  7. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I feel like every time a thread with Dosto in the title appears on the forums, the community managers get the shivers :D

Clearly a different cab car would go a long way in bringing diversion to the Dostos we have. I know DTG operate with substitution chances, what if such a new cab car had a chance of 0.1 to appear on other routes instead of the usual car? That would be a rare sight and make it quite exciting to spot on other routes this way.

But to be honest, I highly doubt we are getting a new variant of either the cab car or the wagons and will not expect any until I hear differently from DTG, just to manage my own expectations for this release.

• Like Like x 5
  8. cyrill.kroonstuiver

You're right in your skepticism I fear as I doubt DTG will actually make that new Dosto. If the past is anything to go by, the fact that they didn't bother making high entry Dosto's for HHL either kind of kills the hope that they would make a new Dosto cab car here.

That said, as a community all we can do is make our displeasure about this heard, and as you so elegantly put it, make DTG shiver every time the opportunity to rectify this comes up :)
    Though we should be careful not to make this a "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" thing. So, if DTG does bother to do the right thing and make that new Dosto this time we should be supportive and encourage them to keep up that work and show them that listening to the community actually pays off. Instead of being overly critical about "Was that so hard?" and calling back previous times they failed us.

But yeah, older Dosto cab car is an absolute must if you ask me :)

• Like Like x 4
  9. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

cyrill.kroonstuiver the Cab car is the 762, not the 761. n-Wagen are not accurate in the east part of Germany, for this region the similar y-Wagen are more accurate.

• Like Like x 2
  10. cyrill.kroonstuiver

You're talking about this one, right?
    [​IMG]
    I always thought this was 761, but if it's 762 I apologize :)

Yeah, I know N-Wagon would be incorrect, but a man can hope for the future.
    Maybe as a DLC for HHL on which I do believe it would've been correct. It would break the monotony of only red Dostos for push-pull services though.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I completely agree that the 3rd gen would be amazing here. After the inital hype of the new route and the BR612 died down, I quickly realised that the BR143 also means we're getting the cursed dostos again. Just knowing we'll have to see those 4th gen dostos in their 6th variant on this route is really putting me off, so even though I was very happy about this route I'm kinda reconsidering it now.
    Please DTG, spare us from the 4th gen dosto and give us anything else. You've had 5 tries with them are they are still of subpar quality, with limited features, poor sound implementation and just not very fun to drive. I wonder how much space they're taking up on my PC at this point...

• Like Like x 6
  12. solicitr

The problem here is that DTG apparently have decided around the time of the TSW2 transition, to stop giving us more than one new engine with a route. At best we can hope for one plus a reskin (or in Riesa-Dresden and BML, nothing but reskins). In other words, the 612 is all we can expect from D-C, no cab car and appurtenant Dostos.

• Like Like x 1
  13. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

solicitr but if that means the quality overall increases, i am actually fine with that. Look at the scenery of DRA, HMA, SKA, even Hamburg-Lübeck. All of them a pretty well done, especially the main station. At least they give us one all new loco. Because neither Hamburg-Lübeck, not DRA had even one new loco. Or a freight car.

14. solicitr

Nor Boston really, considering the ACS-64 was a rework of the one from NEC New York.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

I would be so nice to have other Dostos, the DR Dostos would be my favorite

16. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

3rd Gen Dostos because if Dresden Chemnitz Karl Marx Stadt Tharandter Rampe was owned then it can give services to the former Deutsche Bundesbahn West Germany routes RRO HRR RSN and Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen

17. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

We are still waiting for the High DOSTOS. At this point, I would even pay for it to be a DLC, if thats what it takes, instead of looking at the people literally walking into the ground to get into the train in HHL.

• Like Like x 1