Livestream Reaction

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ace, Oct 19, 2021.

1. ace

ace Member

I’m playing on my original PS4, all dlc installed, except Diesel Legends and Cane Creek which I have yet to purchase. My DLC is installed on a 4TB external HDD and I’m living on the west coast of the USA. I have to give Matt credit on the stream today because he took every tough question and didn’t dodge them one bit. Yes things have gone sideways with the game but doing this tough Q&A is why I’m sticking with TSW 2 and Dovetail. Did they deserve everything they got? In most ways yes they did. Gamers spend their money and when crashes, bugs and sound issues happen they are upset and rightly so. And when they continue to happen patience does wears thin. The difference between any sim game versus, let’s say, a fantasy game is that in a sim you have something that you can absolutely compare it to. That is real life. You can be sure if the lights, sound or the interior/exterior of a train aren’t right Dovetail will hear about it, and gamers aren’t wrong for calling them out. I think time constraints absolutely play into issues getting corrected before or after release. The people at DTG are human and sometimes things just get missed. It happens. After a dlc gets released the community seem to always find that bug or issue that slipped the by dev team. The community doesn’t miss much that’s for sure. So you get a livestream where Matt gets crushed by question after question, but I think he answered everyone of them honestly. Dovetail knows this isn’t the way to develop a game and I think they care enough about the community to have a livestream where nothing was off limits. I make no excuses for them. I’ve enjoyed my time with the game on my PS4 and PC and yes I’ve dealt with various issues too. And I want them to do better so I never have to see another livestream where even I wanted to duck for cover. It was hard to watch in a way but I think it needed to be done. Thank you for a great stream and I can’t wait to buy the new route. I haven’t got close to giving up on all of you yet.

• Like Like x 6
  2. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I like your post "Ace" and agree. Though I have to say to your line "I haven’t got close to giving up on all of you yet" the issue is getting closer for a lot more people that the "YET" is very fast approaching. It certainly is for me. There are some really nice DLC that i would really want to buy "But" I am not going to spend my money if there are as many bugs as are appearing in each DLC at present.

It's like a marriage there is give and take on both sides and some amount of negotiations but if it gets to the point you are not getting fully something out of it, Divorce is on the cards.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ace

ace Member

I guess I’m a little more optimistic, but you do make a good point. We can’t keep getting dlc where all the talk seems to be about the issues. I feel most releases are about 95% solid but that 5%….

• Like Like x 1