Dtg - Why Aren't You Holding Third Parties To Account?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LucasLCC, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

There are times where I think that's justified though, as an example, when T2 issued a C&D to Open4, effectively killing the GTA V modding scene, the steam page went from 'mostly positive' to 'mostly negative' in a few days - and I imagine many of those negative reviews would've been from seasoned players.

2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That's a little different, reflecting abruptly changed circumstances

3. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Steam does not display time spent playing a DLC. It only displays total play time.

4. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

No, but there are many reviews where people openly admit they've played every scenario etc.

5. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Dovetail Games are running towards a cliff with the current release schedule and instead of braking they go full throttle, hand in hand with third parties. They did exactly what I thought, chased themselves into a financial trap. They absolutely must keep churning out content regardless of quality and this means a constant time pressure for all parties involved. They have to keep releasing DLC to put them in their sheets but it's so clear they have no resources to either properly develop them nor test them adequately. Rush Hour had a staggered release yet all three routes were full of bugs, crashes, etc. And the more content they release the worse it will get. Third parties are probably bound by deadlines as well. I don't see this getting any better.

• Like Like x 7
  6. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Sadly, as long as people accept this situation, nothing will change. Actually it is perfectly possible to release games without the problems we are seeing in DLCs but the powers that be will set an artificial release date and this will be stuck to, ready or not.

Totally agree. Refund unacceptable products as long as your grievances are genuine i.e. the game/DLC doesn’t work as it should.

• Like Like x 2
  7. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure if DTG are questioning the work of third party developers that they wont be doing it publicly and wont thank people for suggesting they do.

8. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

I'm not expecting products to be released completely bug free, but sometimes they are just unusable. The Arosa train kept derailing for example, but rather than admitting something was wrong, Rivet made up a braking procedure and claimed it was the realistic way to do it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I would very much like to learn how to use the safety systems on this and other engines, but without user manuals figuring out how to activate, modify, deactivate, and respond to them is just too difficult for me. Even with a manual (which I can easily display on my 2nd monitor), tutorials for each engine on each route in which it can be driven should be a must!!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. facundo.dim

facundo.dim Active Member

This matter was mentioned in the Q&A yesterday. Matt said they will have a closer look to all third party products from now on. If someone wanna check the video is almost at the end.

11. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Since I prefer to avoid passenger activities, I haven't encountered their timetable challenges; however, if real-world engineers encounter unachievable schedules it seems to me that simulator engineers should also have to deal with them, perhaps with penalty points being assessed. Shouldn't the primary goal be completing the overall mission rather than sticking to its time schedule? This way of doing things already exists for freight ans shunting activities in the sense that not arriving at the final destination on time results in a loss of points (as does not making accurate stops), with the added challenge that one doesn't ever know that scheduled arrival time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. facundo.dim

facundo.dim Active Member

Regarding the timetable, the best you can do is stop looking at the clock and play easy.

13. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Worry about the timetable when you’re comfortable with a route and your controls.
    Timetables are there to provide you with a challenge.

14. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

At the risk of sounding like I'm over simplifying if you can get your head round the German safety systems first the rest are simple. I "almost" now don't need any help with German safety. It's just understanding the speed you're doing vs the signalling. I think as long as your vigilant the line tells you most things.
    I found it horrifically bewildering when I first started but you do honestly pick it up quick.

Uk routes are childs play then, American routes (please feel welcome to correct me) I believe still has some safety system issues on Boston. It's a fat more enjoyable game hud free.

Most are switched on at fuse panels or in the screens on the German trains. For most trains it's pressing the "q" or "page down" key at given points and that's it. It's more watching the line when to press them