Argentina Or Latin America

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Nacho, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I would really love to see something of my country: Argentina, or at least from Latin America. We have plenty of railways here (historical or present time): Awesome mountain lines (the Andes are, after the Himalayas, the tallest mountains in the world) and busy city lines, narrow gauge and extra broad gauge (with India and Chile, our country has the widest gauge in use (1676 mm or 5' 6'').
    We also have the southernmost railway of the world, a nice heritage route in Tierra del fuego.
    Y leave you some pictures:
    Constitución station, the busiest station of Buenos Aires (broad gauge)
    [​IMG]

The Ferrocarril Trasandino, crossing the highest part of the Andes to Chile (close to Aconcagua, of almost 7000 mts / 23 000 ft tall), now it's closed, but is good for historical route). (Metric gauge, 1000 mm)
    [​IMG]

The "Tren de las nubes" (clouds' train), that also crosses the Andes but with a higher summit. Today has a turistic service and also freight between Chile and Argentina. Metric gauge (1000 mm)
    [​IMG]

"La trochita" narrow gauge (750 mm). This works now as turistic service, but until the nineties it had been working as regular passenger and freight services, It travels along the South Andes. In one of it's terminals stations it has a dual gauge with the 1676 mm gauge. That means that the narrow is less than half it's width!
    [​IMG]

Trochita's dual gauge
    [​IMG]

I would really love any of these routes on Train Simulator, but my suggestion would be one of the busy routes of Buenos Aires, that combines dense local services with long and middle distance trains (that make their way into our broad plains in the Pampas). I think the best ones for simulation are the Sarmiento Railway and the Roca Railway (specially this one), they were both represented in MSTS and they provided hours of fun, with multiple freight and passenger services.
    I really hope you can take this suggestions for consideration, we need a route in Latin America as it is with Oceanía one of the continents that isn't represented in TS.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

TOTALLY agree with you! I'd love the Roca, but it'd be nice if they included the Toshiba EMUs and not just the new ones.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

That would be great, maybe some 3rd party?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Random Railfan

Yeah generally I think a 3rd party would do better, especially if they're familiar with Argentina.

5. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

We have a lot of MSTS/OR addons of Argentina but we have almost nothing of RW/TS. A lot of independent developers of those days didn't make the jump to RW/TS. I did some routes and repaints in MSTS too but never went further than scenarios in TS, mainly because of less time available nowadays.
    PS: Where are you from Random Railfan? Are you a fellow countryman?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Random Railfan

Kinda. I have an Argentine background but I'm not from there.

• Like Like x 1