PC West Cornwall Local: Penzance - St. Austell & St Ives - The Definitive Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Oct 15, 2021.

1. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

What is this word delete and will we get it it before for next Thursday

2. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Doubt it otherwise the postponement would've been announced earlier. Something happened between the early access build and final shipping build. DTG have released some products with poor sound mixing before and the 150 doesn't sound terrible but there are noticeable sound improvements that are needed. Rivets 1938 stock is another example where the sound isn't where it should be but still got released. The issue must be something actually game breaking

Edit: apparently not game breaking issues https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/it-is-coming-tomorrow.47466/page-2#post-399312 but then I'm a bit confused. Previous releases have been poor before. What has made them decide to pull the plug the last minute...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  3. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

I doubt it, The doors reopening when you close them is a much bigger issue. (No door interlocks then?)

Cool, I started on the dark side, before moving the the stuff with the wires overhead. We used to cross cover the Wales & West (showing my age now) to Salop after CT lost the Mid Wales work, their refurbed 150/2s were beautiful!

Anyway, I'll eat my BR hat if they change any sounds or physics - judging by past releases we'll be stuck with what we've got unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This wasn't happening on the last stream I watched so maybe in fixing the bleeping after the doors close issue that the doors now fall open

• Like Like x 1
  5. jamesthepershing

jamesthepershing Active Member

It has joints, but the horrible generic class 483 ones....

6. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Something seen to be broken with the AWS or DSD.
    It doesn’t peep but you get a Zwangsbremsung

7. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

This is what you pay for...

This is scenery within 50 yards of the trackside. It happens all the way up the route. It's a joke. All they have done is spent months building a shell for a class 150 and even then, their flagship loco has sounds and physics that are nothing alike. IMG_20211021_124738.jpg 16348169273242265691557764443438.jpg 16348169496127708855343926281890.jpg IMG_20211021_124738.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Wow, that road is really, really ugly. Didn't even bother to not make it clip the terrain, or paint some roadside gravel around it.

And is there no traffic on it at all?

• Like Like x 3
  9. alexjjones6024

no traffic and yes it is ugly. It's not really the correct colour tarmac in some ways. I think creating a route when based in another country and using minimal resourceful details, or utilising users of this game that are based in the area. For example: 'dave from cornwall', who has a wealth of knowledge, he could have been contacted to help and then now this becomes a big error.

The same being with the loco sounds and physics.

10. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Aside from that abysmal road, what the hell are those white cubes in the left hand field? If I didn't know I'd swear this was a MSTS screenshot!

• Like Like x 5
  11. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

This is making me get a tad commitment shy to this route now. I'm taking it all at face value but as my first rivet product this is already a hard one for me to consider. I'm trying to remain open minded and hope it works out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

It looks to me like a texture hasn't loaded, or is otherwise missing. It could just be an artefact of it being in the distance, and the fact it's raining, so everything will have its shiny "wet" texture. Same goes for the tractor which looks like it's all over grey.

13. Southern Driver

Southern Driver Active Member

I like the route personally, I think as someone whose spent some time down there as a punter it’s a reasonable representation. However the lack of HST is pretty outrageous!

few issues with the 150/2 though.
    Vigilance doesn’t work, so you end up in an unexpected heap.
    There’s a poster advertising ‘Go West’ with a FGW livery Class 150/2 on it.
    The conductor panels don’t work, and sometimes you can’t close the doors from the despatch menu.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Can you say me where’s the last Collectables?
    I spawn to all 11 stations but I’m missing 6

15. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

I was amused to see someone compare the signalling issues with ATC on a flightsim. MSFS ATC is lame and he obviously does not fly on X-plane. Their default ATC has been doing exactly what he said it would not do for ever - Laminar Research had it, to paraphrase DTG, low on their priorities list.

• Like Like x 1
  16. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Looking at the screenshots, as I said in the other thread, I presume this is our first freeware release for TSW2?

• Like Like x 4
  17. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

As soon as West Cornwall appeared on the roadmap, there were members (myself included) posting useful images in the correct period for Rivet to refer to if necessary.

• Like Like x 3
  18. chieflongshin

Rob39 are you taking responsibility for this road above then ? :cool:

• Like Like x 4
  19. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

that’s ridiculous. They’re supposed to be Armstrong Powerhouse recordings. Did they charge per sound and only purchase the engine idle sound and copy the rest over from other locos to save a few £ and hope we wouldn’t notice ? ? ?

the 150 sounds from AP are incredible, and are spot on in TS2021. There is no reason why, with their sounds that this shouldn’t sound very very similar. All they have to do is play with it in TS2021 to see how it’s mixed and volume levels, various sound features such as the rev up, turbo sound, track sounds etc. it is all there. I really don’t get it at all. If I was making a product, I’d want it to be as close to the real thing as possible, regardless of the money. I’d go out on the damn things. Record, observe, ask for feedback, get the initial data, test it in real life, there is SO much that you can do to get stuff like this right. I’m disappointed. Was holding so much hope ok this unit sounding brilliant. Can’t stand the copy and paste trend :(

• Like Like x 6
  20. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Made even worse by the fact that Rivet (then Thomson Interactive) helped make the original Class 150/2 on TS (which was very well done and far more advanced than anything else released at the time).

I get the feeling Rivet should concentrate more on helping with DTG projects, their involvement on Cathcart Circle was a nice surprise and is one of the best DLCs quality wise. Two independent teams working together seems to produce a better outcome.

• Like Like x 2
  21. ghawk2005

Good idea. Likewise, if Armstrong were involved with the physics and sounds too, rather than just paid for source audio, once again the results would be amazing too

• Like Like x 1
  22. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

Sound and Rivet, airplane and potato. Do not forget who you are talking about,the same people that used the traction motor sound from the 1972 tube stock on the Swiss GE 4/4 II loco (Arosa) and also used some sort of square wheel freight sounds on the passenger wagons.
    You should be happy the 150 at least sounds somehow similar to the real thing!

• Like Like x 1
  23. neddyie116

neddyie116 Active Member

Does anyone know when todays live stream starts?

24. Clumsy Pacer

usual time. 1900UTC, or in about 1 hour 20 mins.

25. neddyie116

neddyie116 Active Member

Cheers thanks.

26. alexjjones6024

I am absolutely gutted, it has ruined the route for me. The refund is coming, I specifically purchased for the AP sounds and a good DMU, this doesn't even cut it. I am appalled and disgusted. Will spend my £25 elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Clumsy Pacer

I hope this makes people realise that "It has AP sounds" does not automatically make it an amazing train.

• Like Like x 4
  28. alexjjones6024

BRAVO! Yeah it definitely is misleading, considering we have been simming for many years and we are/were used to excellent sounds like the class 465 , which inevitably, received great quality 'AP sounds'. (Almost seems like a marketing ploy these days, rather than the quality of the sounds)

The class 150 was exciting, especially having worked on them for a number of years. The sounds don't give it justice. Wish I had just waited, now I have to get a refund. Really disheartened by this.

• Like Like x 1
  29. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

It's very odd altogether. The clips sound like they just paid for AP's idle sound and just re-pitched it for each power notch. No volume, bass or grunt to the engines as you go through the power notches. Notch 7 sounds more like notch 3. Can't hear any brake rub, wind whistling, or bogie run sounds. (and DVD sounding apparently).

• Like Like x 3
  30. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Is it not releasing anymore? I still can't find it in the Steam store.

31. Clumsy Pacer

32. ghawk2005

I suspect your refund won’t be the last. I suspect many will follow in due course sadly. I too am so far disheartened and have been looking forward to a 150 since TSW2 began I sent them real life gps and speedo recordings from back cab etc, lots of them too, and I put them all into a Google shared folder to be used FOR FREE. I also included a text document full of the ‘ must haves ‘ on this unit. Delay before accelerating, gear change at 45mph, brake rub etc etc ….exactly what we are specifically missing and it just feels like they’ve ignored every bit of it. It is bad enough when companies don’t deliver because they can’t get their hands on the data or the like, but when they’ve been given it out of the goodness of our hearts, just because we want it to be as good as possible, and then just ignored is very insulting. I share your feelings exactly Alex.

• Like Like x 4
  33. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Wow, the stream right now is very interesting to watch. The Rivet guy seems to be relatively chill, but Matt is quite pissed, especially because of the missing safety system sounds. He literally said “if a loco were released like that, I wouldn’t drive it”. Certainly sounds like he personally made the decision to block the release.

Thanks to DTG for not saying “OK” to everything and actually stopping the release of third party content they’re not happy with!

• Like Like x 7
  34. alexjjones6024

It seems DSD/AWS means more than immersive, correct and accurate sounds. Sick of their behaviour when it comes to getting something right that is so obvious!

35. ghawk2005

I didn’t catch that But that is promising. Good for Matt!

• Like Like x 1
  36. jakeshortj#6259

jakeshortj#6259 New Member

Really don't think they should be 'relatively chill' in all honesty. It does a *massive* amount of reputational damage to Rivet for there to be such a lot wrong with the route, the sounds, the dismissive attitude to those asking about HSTs on the route yet they just seem like they don't care..

• Like Like x 1
  37. zefreak

zefreak Active Member

I would argue that incorrect or bugged safety systems or train physics is more important than immersion - I expect simulators to first get the physics / activity right, and then get things like immersion correct. However, I think the sounds are still not good enough and are still very important, and should be a focus for all trains and developers going forward.

• Like Like x 1
  38. chieflongshin

There was one bit of stream where there was some houses that looked like they were ported from older game. That really stood out to me toward end. I have to manage my expectations rivets a smaller team but I’m spoilt by Dresden

• Like Like x 1
  39. Clumsy Pacer

There's plenty of assets throughout TSW that have come from TS1, if that's what you mean.

40. dubsox

dubsox Member

There are lots of great games on Steam for £24.99 that I could recommend. Better yet, games that have had a lot of time, work and passion put into them (Subnautica, Sable, art of rally, Descenders, I could go on all night) :)

• Like Like x 1
  41. Clumsy Pacer

Cities: Skylines, OMSI 2 (if you could spare a couple more pounds - it's £27.11 (presumably converted from Euros)) are other good games in the £25 ballpark.

42. dubsox

dubsox Member

Skylines is great! All the mods for it are also brilliant.

43. Clumsy Pacer

Indeed, and I'm glad there's a workaround for the Paradox launcher. Anyway, I fear we're starting to get too off topic :D

44. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

i want to get into OMSI2 but I think I am late to the game that just looking at the cost of getting all DLCs turns me off. TSW2, I got in early so keeping up with the schedule and have everything now.

45. ghawk2005

Some members have asked for a petition to be made regarding the sounds,,,, I have drafted one up

feel free to sign and share

https://chng.it/JrLYJW2ggZ

• Like Like x 1
  46. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

To make it worse Jasper_Rivet brushed it under the carpet and said Matt was incorrectly driving it.

There is still NO set up time and the signal on the hud wasn’t working properly last night.

I’m very close to loosing all confidence in rivet

• Like Like x 2
  47. chieflongshin

I did pick up on this and thought “ooof I doubt that”

48. ghawk2005

Awful sounds aside, can you actually believe this….

Around the 6 minute mark. He’s in notch 1 climbing up a fairly steep gradient at 75mph and yet it is still accelerating?
    WHAT ARE THESE DEVELOPERS DOING …. THIS IS INSANELY INACCURATE. In real life I doubt even notch 4 would accelerate up hill at that high speed. Truly shocking. Utter clowns.

• Like Like x 7
  49. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Physics in true Rivet style!

50. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

And yet the likes of RSSLO or JT are not given a chance to provide high quality content for TSW or at least prove themself.