Roadmap Update: Tharandter Rampe: Dresden - Chemnitz With Db Br 612 And Db Br 143

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cyrill.kroonstuiver, Oct 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Oh thats why you said this line lol, of course :)

2. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

Because the DMUs at the time ran onto other lines beyond the simulated route which are unelectrified.

3. Schnitzla

Schnitzla Member

I just wondering there will be a branch line again like in the previous routes. It gave the routes more variety.
    However, it would be great to see a port of the non-electrified Flöhatalbahn, which surrounds the main line between Flöha and Öderan for about 5 km with a nice view on the landmark Hetzdorf Viaduct (former bridge of the Dresden - Chemnitz mainline). It has to stops, Hetzdorf (Flöha Valley) and Falkenau (Sachs) and the BR 612 and short frieght rains with a diesel shunter would fit very well on this line.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reitzenhain%E2%80%93Fl%C3%B6ha_railway

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  4. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Although I do like that idea, it's quite a long branch line, and the base route is already somewhat lengthy. It would provide some fun variety, but I doubt it will come sadly.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Schnitzla

Schnitzla Member

Therefor just the branch from Flöha to the red line in the attached picture Hetzdorf station with the Hetzdorf Viaduct.
    I'm quite sure you see the tracks of the branch line and the viaduct form the main line bridge (speed limit 120 km/h) anyways.

Attached Files:

6. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Interesting idea, although I don't really see the point of adding these couple of kilometres apart from sightseeing for the viaduct maybe. We don't have any passenger train to go down that line (the 612 would be really out of place) and freight trains, not sure what they would do there.
    But for a future route, these branch lines around Chemnitz going south with the proper train would certainly be a very nice addition to TSW.

7. Schuppenheizer

Schuppenheizer Member

I do like that idea, too. Also branch lines around Freiberg fit very well.
    Freiberg-Holzhau: lumber trains from Rechenberg-Bienmühle and BR 650 passenger trains Freiberg-Holzhau. Right into the ore mountains, very interesting.
    Freiberg-Nossen: grain trains from grain silo Grossschirma and heritage trains from Nossen
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freiberger_Eisenbahn
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahnstrecke_Nossen–Moldava_v_Krušných_horách

and than... Nossen - Meißen Triebischtal isn´t so long and you are on Riesa-Dresden again:D

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  8. Schnitzla

Schnitzla Member

They reason is, it has to be there anyways (due to it surrounds the main line for a couple of kilometers).
    So why you should use it for a regional services to Chemnitz or vice versa. You can use the BR 612 for these services, it's a DMU and could run on this non-electrified branch. There running some fright trains as well as Army trains of the Bundeswehr.
    On Dresden - Riesa you have the Großenhain branch and it was not necessary to be there but, in my POV, only these couple of kilometers adds lots of more variety to the route.
    So why you shouldn't use what's there anyways?

• Like Like x 1
  9. 1003523721

1003523721 Member

I think this is the very time that DTG should consider about route merging, which will greatly improve the driving experience.

10. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

No, merging is pointless. There are no services traveling between the two routes. Both routes end at the same side of Dresden Hbf; so you'd have to reverse the train there to go towards the other route.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

I think merging would have sense only if there's a service travelling through the entire merged route. So, for example, a merge between RRO and RSN would be useless for me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Haribo112

That one could be useful for freight. I've definitely seen a cab ride on YouTube that traveled from Wuppertal to Finnentrop(- and Siegen).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jinoss17

Didn't know about freights going all the way from Wuppertal to Finnentrop, so in that case the merge would be a positive improvement.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I really hope that owners of DRA and it’s layer DLC will see AI at Dresden for this one, it’ll be great to have the immersion of leaving/entering a busy area before going off down your comparatively quiet line.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Jinoss17

I hope that AI trains are not just a thing related to RH routes, but a standard for future routes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Haribo112

Right? I feel like all the new things introduced in Rush Hour should be standard from now on: passenger system, lighting and reflections, AI services on sections the player can't drive, splitting/merging services, etc.

17. Jinoss17

I hope so at least. If not, what's the point of introducing new features if they are not standard on future dlcs?

• Like Like x 1
  18. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

It's the DTG way...

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1