Hastings Line 1970s

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Oct 21, 2021.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

Somethings slightly different but the
    Hastings Line 1970s:
    Includes a Length of 32 Miles, 13 stations, and 8 Tunnels from Tonbridge to Hastings,
    800px-Hastings_line.png

Services:
    on this line can comprise mainly of Passenger services done by 3 classes of DEMUs, and coal services (that one is made as an Assumption due to one of the Locos having slow speed control for Merry go round trains.)

we talked about Services lets talk about the
    Locos:
    That operate them.
    BR Class 201 6S, 202 6L, 203 6B, "Thumpers":
    These units made up the Back bone of Passenger services on this line, all of them with a Thinner body then the MK1s they are based off to fit in the tunnels along this line, lets go over them shall we?
    the Class 201s are the standard units coming in 6 car sets.
    the Class 202s are the same as the 201s only differing in having a Lengthened body to match the length of the MK1 standard, these too are 6 car sets.
    the Class 203s are the same as the 202s differing only in the replacement of a TSOL For a Buffet Coach.
    These units are compatible with other "Thumpers" and 4xx EMUS
    this is a 202 unit but they all look similar anyways.
    BR Class 202.jpg

BR Class 33/2, "Slim Jims"
    12 Class 33s were built with width of 8ft 8in instead of 9ft 3in to not clip the tunnels of the Hastings line, which lead to the nickname "Slim Jims", they Were fitting with slow speed control for Merry go round trains, which lead to the suggestion of coal trains for this route.
    br class 33 2.jpg

DLC Possibilities:
    A Modern Timetable:

a Modern Timetable which uses South Eastern 375s would make a good DLC For this route, changes would be Electrified track, single tracked tunnels, and a whole host of other changes.

fairly Plausible layers:
    the majority of Layers will be Out here so lets get started,
    the Thumpers that would be included can layer out to do services on WSR, with the Class 33/2 layer out to there as well, i plan to do one on the nearby Marshlink line soon which too uses a fleet of DEMUs at this time, so these units could layer out to there, not so much in reverse.

The End:
    that is the end, I Hope it could satisfy the crave for some old DEMUs i certainly want some after this and the Hastings line is interesting on its own, thats it i'm out thanks for reading,
    Also im probably not the first to suggest this line but its in the 70s so I consider it different.
    Also shout out to Elarthur for giving me the inspiration to make this suggestions.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Hastings line Class 33/2 uses the same blue star multiple-unit code as Class 33 WSR. That means if you own Hastings line Pre 1986 electrification and West Somerset Railway with Class 33 DLC Purchased. you have a double headed class 33 locomotive using the Blue Star MU Code Front is WSR Rear Hastings line class 33/2. Modern Timetable post 1986 electrification programme will Require SEHS because it comes with Class 375 DLC 465/9 Metro Camell. Modern version own train BREL Class 465

• Like Like x 1
  3. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t the 33/0 struggle with the width of the tunnels?

4. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Good suggestion. Add a Class 73 to that list too, which would be quite unique to drive using dual power and a tap changer.

Tonbridge to Hastings, Eastbourne to Ashford and Bournemouth to Weymouth would all make interesting pre-privatisation routes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

Yea thats what the 33/2s where made for, which is what I suggested

I Originally wanted to put the 73 as a DLC Possibility but i chose against it for the simple reason of it being too limited here, maybe as a Layer.

• Like Like x 2
  6. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

I apologize I thought you said 33/0 could work with a 33/2, I’ve since read it again - my bad! Love Cromptons though so the more the merrier (and 73s!)

• Like Like x 2
  7. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Awesome suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Second the above, this route and the unique trains must come to TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  9. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Unique is exactly what this route and the Thumpers were. Something a little different is exactly what dtg are said to consider when choosing routes and this is just that.

10. Asheix

Asheix Active Member

I live on the Hastings Line and this would be good to see on Train Sim World 2. It reminds me of the Train Simulator route add on by Backdated Train Sim from Hastings to Tonbridge set in 1988 https://backdatedtrainsim.weebly.com/the-1066-line.html. Although in my experience, this route deleted itself from the game or corrupted.